DO OR DIE: Suns @ Mavs (Sat 4/12/14)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: DO OR DIE: Suns @ Mavs (Sat 4/12/14)

Post by AmareIsGod »

I didn't see a surefire superstar from the draft in the NCAA tourney this year. A lot of hype about the "stars" this college season and nobody stepped up.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

sunset rubdown wrote: Sixers, Bucks and Magic will still be terrible for the next 2-3 years, at least. And this draft simply doesn`t have LeBron or Durant kind of talent.
Fans of some of those teams, may not want to switch places either. The Suns have ingredients to be a nice perennial playoff team. But they don't have a nucleus for a team that can win it all. They may not even have the beginnings of one.

I don't feel that's the case with at least Orlando. They have two lotto picks coming this offseason, and hit the jackpot with Oladipo and Vucevic. And that's not even mentioning Harkless and Harris. I think they currently have a higher ceiling than the Suns.

Milwaukee is a mess. They have some bad contracts and a coach that isn't taking them anywhere.

Philly will be terrible as long as they want to be terrible. But with Noel coming back next year, two lotto picks, and a something like a gazillion dollars in cap space, they could be in the playoffs next year if they really wanted to. Plus, I think Brett Brown can actually coach.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

AmareIsGod wrote:I didn't see a surefire superstar from the draft in the NCAA tourney this year. A lot of hype about the "stars" this college season and nobody stepped up.
That's hardly an accurate indicator of anything. Russell Westbrook was little more than a role player in college. Andre Drummond looked disinterested, overwhelmed, and incredible raw. James Harden was a nice player but hardly spectacular. Derrick Rose averaged like 13 ppg. Kevin Love put up solid numbers but hardly was a star or dominated.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:That's hardly an accurate indicator of anything. Russell Westbrook was little more than a role player in college. Andre Drummond looked disinterested, overwhelmed, and incredible raw. James Harden was a nice player but hardly spectacular. Derrick Rose averaged like 13 ppg. Kevin Love put up solid numbers but hardly was a star or dominated.
Yep, then you have guys like Beasley that freakin' dominated college and have been awful pros. When I look at Beasley's college stats I'm always completely baffled. Especially his rebounds, which he absolutely showed no semblance of being able to do in the NBA.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The draft is almost impossible to predict due to the one-and-done. I never know who we should get.