Phoenix Suns 2014: Offseason Moves

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SwingMan

Re: Phoenix Suns 2014: Offseason Moves

Post by SwingMan »

Superbone wrote:Keep being the asshole, Swing. You're winning all the votes. You're coming off as an imbecile. I was trying to protect you from yourself. No more. You're on your own. I'm no longer responding to your racist rants and ignorant posts. You're on ignore so don't bother responding.
Ignorant? Racist?

The former, in the speculative context of the previous conversation, is open to interpretation, granted - but show me once where I was being racist. Is it being racist to say that you sided with a race baiter after I called his pathetic, lying ass out?

And who are you to judge when someone - be it myself or others - needs to be "protected from themselves" ? Maybe that's your problem, as, unlike AIG on the original board, I don't need or want that type of self-protection.
Last edited by SwingMan on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:[ Image ]
I'll let the other mods handle Swing. I'm done with him.
There's another point - if you can't handle any type of conflict objectively, you have absolutely no business being a moderator in the first place.

That said, I guess I can be thankful that you haven't morphed into what Andy_S used to be & delete all my posts regardless of content. I doubt anyone else could be that hard-boiled.....

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

A disagreement shouldn't be a mod issue.... you guys have fundamental differences in ideologies and until the hits become uber personal or start spamming or becoming inappropriate, it shouldn't need any form of censorship. I've always prided ourselves on our overall lack thereof; there have never been any language barriers of any kind on any incarnation of phxsuns.net, and for the most part we've never needed them. We don't have to like each other all the time.... we just have to coexist, and root for the Suns. Lets just try not to make this personal....

On the basketball issue, Swing's suggestion would never be taken seriously, but I think he knows that, and is just saying thats the most we should offer, and if they don't like it, fuck'em. There may have been a misinterpretation at the beginning over whether Spear's list was an actual suggestion, or just a list of assets. The whole thing is pretty trivial, and just shows.....

Its gonna be a long off season.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Phoenix219 wrote:A disagreement shouldn't be a mod issue.... you guys have fundamental differences in ideologies and until the hits become uber personal or start spamming or becoming inappropriate, it shouldn't need any form of censorship. I've always prided ourselves on our overall lack thereof; there have never been any language barriers of any kind on any incarnation of phxsuns.net, and for the most part we've never needed them. We don't have to like each other all the time.... we just have to coexist, and root for the Suns. Lets just try not to make this personal....

On the basketball issue, Swing's suggestion would never be taken seriously, but I think he knows that, and is just saying thats the most we should offer, and if they don't like it, fuck'em. There may have been a misinterpretation at the beginning over whether Spear's list was an actual suggestion, or just a list of assets. The whole thing is pretty trivial, and just shows.....

Its gonna be a long off season.
Oh fuck off, ya prick! :lol: ;)

My issue with Spears was his assumption that Bledsoe or Dragic (or both) were on the table in the first place. And, on the trade scenario, that's seriously all I would offer for Kevin Love without a guarantee that he'd re-sign - I don't give a shit about whether they take it seriously or not, if they don't accept that, yeah, fuck 'em. I'm on the record as saying we're ultimately better off using the picks to move up and grab one of either Vonleh or Gordon, anyways.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I think we just hit the root disagreement... did Spears ever assume that either of them were on the table, or did he just list our best assets?

Its kind of like the Melo situation again... if he really wanted to be here, why not just come and sign here, rather then force us to gut a possible contender to get him here? Don't wanna give up the farm for someone who doesn't want to be here, or is here for the wrong reasons.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Phoenix219 wrote:I think we just hit the root disagreement... did Spears ever assume that either of them were on the table, or did he just list our best assets?

Its kind of like the Melo situation again... if he really wanted to be here, why not just come and sign here, rather then force us to gut a possible contender to get him here? Don't wanna give up the farm for someone who doesn't want to be here, or is here for the wrong reasons.
When he talks about them in a trade context, yeah, he's assuming that they're an option.

Alright - I'm staying out of any more Kevin Love trade scenario discussion. I've stated my scenario and, again, think we're better off using the draft.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Phoenix219 wrote: Its gonna be a long off season.
^^^^^This........Until draft night, then I'm sure it's going to get interesting ;)

Someone should contact Ladmo, just to add a bit of spice while we wait for the season opener, I miss him.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This thread got messy fast. I liked P219's assessment of the situation. It was just a small misunderstanding that escalated for no good reason.

Swingy, you know I love you and value having you here on the site. But it wouldn't kill you to be nice, even when somebody is misunderstanding one of your posts. :-) You're right that INF/Bone misrepresented what you said about your K.Love trade. I get what you were saying: You'd only offer the Wolves those particular assets and no more. You weren't saying that was a fair deal for Love; you weren't saying the Wolves would take that deal. You were just saying that you don't like Love enough to give up any more than that. I get it.

INF/Bone may not have seen the nuances of exactly what you originally said, given that this is a 49-page thread and lots of quotes get taken out of context. But we all misunderstand each other sometimes. It's no reason to curse people out and call them jackasses and worse. INFORMER and Superbone have been around forever, and they aren't singling you out or trying to cause any trouble. If they don't agree with you or don't get what you're saying, oh well, who cares? No need to put up your dukes about it. If they or anybody else ever gave you a ton of crap you didn't deserve, I'd deal with it as a mod issue.

And I don't put 100% of the blame on Swingy, either. I think we know each other too well at times; we know that the bear will growl if you poke him, so sometimes that's exactly what we do. Both sides need to be patient and understanding and make it a goal not to let things get out of hand.

The long offseason is the biggest test to all of our ability to tolerate each other and get along. I think it'll be a really interesting offseason for our Suns, so hopefully we can all have a good time discussing it over the next few months. Let's get back to what we're best at: Complaining about McDonough's comments about not wanting to keep all 3 of our draft picks! Amiright??

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote: And I don't put 100% of the blame on Swingy, either. I think we know each other too well at times; we know that the bear will growl if you poke him, so sometimes that's exactly what we do. Both sides need to be patient and understanding and make it a goal not to let things get out of hand.
No, 100% of the blame should not be put on Swing. In fact, this is mostly my fault. I didn't intentionally try to get a rise out of him, but I've been around long enough that I should have known that my comments would lead to this. So for any who were bothered by the exchange between Swing and me, I apologize.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It seems to me that right now, that a Love trade is very unlikely. I don't think that Bledsoe is going to be on the table, because of the following:
1. He is a RFA and somehow I doubt that he would pick MN as the place to go, even if he commanded a max salary.
2. I think that other teams such as the Lakers are going to offer him Max money. So where would he want to go, MN or LA? I like Minneapolis as a city more than LA, but MN doesn't have the ocean, beautiful weather, or Hollywood/Showtime/Rich & Famous lifestyle. Add in that it gets stupid cold in the winter and blood sucking vampire insects in the summer...

IMO, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to put Bledsoe in any proposed deal for Love. It would be more realistic to see the Suns do a Sign & Trade with a team like Orlando or the Lakers, although I would hope that's not the case.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

We could use Orlando to facilitate a 3way with Minny to get us Love, Orl gets Bledsoe and t'hell with Minny, they'll just waste whatever they get anyway. :D

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote: IMO, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to put Bledsoe in any proposed deal for Love. It would be more realistic to see the Suns do a Sign & Trade with a team like Orlando or the Lakers, although I would hope that's not the case.
My biggest hope for this offseason is that Bledsoe gets signed and traded to the Lakers for Nash and rights to whoever is drafted with the #7 pick, any of Randle, Vonleh, LaVine, or Gordon. My preference would be for it to be Vonleh or Gordon (although I'm now thinking Gordon doesn't make it past Boston). Then LaVine. Then Randle.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:The long offseason is the biggest test to all of our ability to tolerate each other and get along. I think it'll be a really interesting offseason for our Suns, so hopefully we can all have a good time discussing it over the next few months. Let's get back to what we're best at: Complaining about McDonough's comments about not wanting to keep all 3 of our draft picks! Amiright??
Right as rain.

When is INF going to add #McDoOut to his sig?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:The long offseason is the biggest test to all of our ability to tolerate each other and get along. I think it'll be a really interesting offseason for our Suns, so hopefully we can all have a good time discussing it over the next few months. Let's get back to what we're best at: Complaining about McDonough's comments about not wanting to keep all 3 of our draft picks! Amiright??
Right as rain.

Isn't that SDC's sig?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:It seems to me that right now, that a Love trade is very unlikely. I don't think that Bledsoe is going to be on the table, because of the following:
1. He is a RFA and somehow I doubt that he would pick MN as the place to go, even if he commanded a max salary.
2. I think that other teams such as the Lakers are going to offer him Max money. So where would he want to go, MN or LA? I like Minneapolis as a city more than LA, but MN doesn't have the ocean, beautiful weather, or Hollywood/Showtime/Rich & Famous lifestyle. Add in that it gets stupid cold in the winter and blood sucking vampire insects in the summer...

IMO, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to put Bledsoe in any proposed deal for Love. It would be more realistic to see the Suns do a Sign & Trade with a team like Orlando or the Lakers, although I would hope that's not the case.
I agree the whole thing is probably moot. Love hasn't shown any interest in signing here and I doubt we have the best assets to acquire him anyway.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote: IMO, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to put Bledsoe in any proposed deal for Love. It would be more realistic to see the Suns do a Sign & Trade with a team like Orlando or the Lakers, although I would hope that's not the case.
My biggest hope for this offseason is that Bledsoe gets signed and traded to the Lakers for Nash and rights to whoever is drafted with the #7 pick, any of Randle, Vonleh, LaVine, or Gordon. My preference would be for it to be Vonleh or Gordon (although I'm now thinking Gordon doesn't make it past Boston). Then LaVine. Then Randle.
I have a feeling that the Lakers would sign their pick prior to FA, and just try to sign Bledsoe outright, calling the Suns bluff. That way they couldn't add the pick in the S&T. Gordon would be my first choice, then Vonleh, but I'm with you in that I don't think Gordon falls past Boston.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Right as rain.

Isn't that SDC's sig?
Yes. :lol:

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
I have a feeling that the Lakers would sign their pick prior to FA, and just try to sign Bledsoe outright, calling the Suns bluff. That way they couldn't add the pick in the S&T.
But if they do that, they can't add a second max contract. If they work the S&T, they can still go after Greg Monroe.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:It seems to me that right now, that a Love trade is very unlikely. I don't think that Bledsoe is going to be on the table, because of the following:

I agree the whole thing is probably moot. Love hasn't shown any interest in signing here and I doubt we have the best assets to acquire him anyway.
I am not worried about whether or not Love as shown any interest in signing here. I think a lot of that is just speculation at this point and people are hanging onto that like it's almost time to drink the poison. I think that due diligence is going to be done, and he would be sold on staying in Phx.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
I have a feeling that the Lakers would sign their pick prior to FA, and just try to sign Bledsoe outright, calling the Suns bluff. That way they couldn't add the pick in the S&T.
But if they do that, they can't add a second max contract. If they work the S&T, they can still go after Greg Monroe.
True and you are probably right. LA comes off as arrogant enough to think they can keep their pick, sign a Max player and get another young FA to take less money to come there and reload quickly.