Phoenix Suns 2014: Offseason Moves

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Phoenix Suns 2014: Offseason Moves

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:It seems to me that right now, that a Love trade is very unlikely. I don't think that Bledsoe is going to be on the table, because of the following:
1. He is a RFA and somehow I doubt that he would pick MN as the place to go, even if he commanded a max salary.
2. I think that other teams such as the Lakers are going to offer him Max money. So where would he want to go, MN or LA? I like Minneapolis as a city more than LA, but MN doesn't have the ocean, beautiful weather, or Hollywood/Showtime/Rich & Famous lifestyle. Add in that it gets stupid cold in the winter and blood sucking vampire insects in the summer...

IMO, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to put Bledsoe in any proposed deal for Love. It would be more realistic to see the Suns do a Sign & Trade with a team like Orlando or the Lakers, although I would hope that's not the case.
I agree the whole thing is probably moot. Love hasn't shown any interest in signing here and I doubt we have the best assets to acquire him anyway.
I am not worried about whether or not Love as shown any interest in signing here. I think a lot of that is just speculation at this point and people are hanging onto that like it's almost time to drink the poison. I think that due diligence is going to be done, and he would be sold on staying in Phx.
That's a good point. Due diligence will be done. I just don't hold out any hope that it will happen. (Alliterate much?)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote: IMO, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to put Bledsoe in any proposed deal for Love. It would be more realistic to see the Suns do a Sign & Trade with a team like Orlando or the Lakers, although I would hope that's not the case.
My biggest hope for this offseason is that Bledsoe gets signed and traded to the Lakers for Nash and rights to whoever is drafted with the #7 pick, any of Randle, Vonleh, LaVine, or Gordon. My preference would be for it to be Vonleh or Gordon (although I'm now thinking Gordon doesn't make it past Boston). Then LaVine. Then Randle.
I have a feeling that the Lakers would sign their pick prior to FA, and just try to sign Bledsoe outright, calling the Suns bluff. That way they couldn't add the pick in the S&T.
But if they do that, they can't add a second max contract. If they work the S&T, they can still go after Greg Monroe.
True and you are probably right. LA comes off as arrogant enough to think they can keep their pick, sign a Max player and get another young FA to take less money to come there and reload quickly.
The Suns will NOT be letting Bledsoe go for nothing. Either he's playing here next year on a max contract or he's signed and traded.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:It seems to me that right now, that a Love trade is very unlikely. I don't think that Bledsoe is going to be on the table, because of the following:
1. He is a RFA and somehow I doubt that he would pick MN as the place to go, even if he commanded a max salary.
2. I think that other teams such as the Lakers are going to offer him Max money. So where would he want to go, MN or LA? I like Minneapolis as a city more than LA, but MN doesn't have the ocean, beautiful weather, or Hollywood/Showtime/Rich & Famous lifestyle. Add in that it gets stupid cold in the winter and blood sucking vampire insects in the summer...

IMO, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to put Bledsoe in any proposed deal for Love. It would be more realistic to see the Suns do a Sign & Trade with a team like Orlando or the Lakers, although I would hope that's not the case.
I agree the whole thing is probably moot. Love hasn't shown any interest in signing here and I doubt we have the best assets to acquire him anyway.
I am not worried about whether or not Love as shown any interest in signing here. I think a lot of that is just speculation at this point and people are hanging onto that like it's almost time to drink the poison. I think that due diligence is going to be done, and he would be sold on staying in Phx.
That's a good point. Due diligence will be done. I just don't hold out any hope that it will happen. (Alliterate much?)
I'm not sure I understand what you are implying.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote: The Suns will NOT be letting Bledsoe go for nothing. Either he's playing here next year on a max contract or he's signed and traded.
Agreed
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you are implying.
It was in regard to my post. Read my last two sentences above. (due, diligence, done; hold, hope, happen)

"Be Legendary."

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

England Sun wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote: Its gonna be a long off season.
^^^^^This........Until draft night, then I'm sure it's going to get interesting ;)

Someone should contact Ladmo, just to add a bit of spice while we wait for the season opener, I miss him.
I think theres enough spice as it is, we don't need a nuclear meltdown :P

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:This thread got messy fast. I liked P219's assessment of the situation. It was just a small misunderstanding that escalated for no good reason.

Swingy, you know I love you and value having you here on the site. But it wouldn't kill you to be nice, even when somebody is misunderstanding one of your posts. :-) You're right that INF/Bone misrepresented what you said about your K.Love trade. I get what you were saying: You'd only offer the Wolves those particular assets and no more. You weren't saying that was a fair deal for Love; you weren't saying the Wolves would take that deal. You were just saying that you don't like Love enough to give up any more than that. I get it.

INF/Bone may not have seen the nuances of exactly what you originally said, given that this is a 49-page thread and lots of quotes get taken out of context. But we all misunderstand each other sometimes. It's no reason to curse people out and call them jackasses and worse. INFORMER and Superbone have been around forever, and they aren't singling you out or trying to cause any trouble. If they don't agree with you or don't get what you're saying, oh well, who cares? No need to put up your dukes about it. If they or anybody else ever gave you a ton of crap you didn't deserve, I'd deal with it as a mod issue.

And I don't put 100% of the blame on Swingy, either. I think we know each other too well at times; we know that the bear will growl if you poke him, so sometimes that's exactly what we do. Both sides need to be patient and understanding and make it a goal not to let things get out of hand.

The long offseason is the biggest test to all of our ability to tolerate each other and get along. I think it'll be a really interesting offseason for our Suns, so hopefully we can all have a good time discussing it over the next few months. Let's get back to what we're best at: Complaining about McDonough's comments about not wanting to keep all 3 of our draft picks! Amiright??
Everyone's responsible for their own reactions - far as "blame" goes, I'll leave it at that.

But, I love how I get called racist by 'Bone for pointing out some hard truth about his hypocrisy in trying to be an unbiased peacemaker - like I hit a nerve he obviously didn't want to acknowledge and, as a result, chose to lash out with false accusations. Another bitch move on his part.

Everything was alright until I called out Spears' fanboy assumption - INF seemed to take offense to that & it went from there. I try to be civil at all times, but when I'm misquoted in an attempt to sling snark my way (or misquoted in any instance), yeah, I'm going to say something about it. I'm a big Golden Rule guy, but when someone starts to give me shit, I'm going to give it right back and that's been a problem at this board for the last 5-6 years - people can dish it, but cry foul when it's dished right back to them. Almost like they and only they have a right to be a dick about stuff. :lol:

I don't expect people to tiptoe around me - I'm 255 pounds, how the hell could I walk on any type of eggshell? :lol: Just be civil to me is all I'm asking - do that and everything's cool.

Far as Kevin Love is concerned, again, I've said my piece on it and will no longer comment on it - if he's traded here, that's a different story, but until it happens, I'm through with the subject.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

It's definitively not my business, but here they are my two cents,

Swingman, I think you have grown impatient over time, too much trigger happy when it comes to take off the gloves and start calling names and such. Superbone is one of the most easy going guys around here, so, as much as I understand you being "upset" with Informer (everybody gets roasted from time to time by him, and usually on a blunt way) you just switch lanes from your fight with Inf and ride full charged into another poster just trying to intercede, and I have to said it, bringing up stuff out of context to this issue.

I won't elaborate anything about why 'Bone called you names, (being a foreign poster, and from México none the less, I've learned that Americans are very complex when color and inmigration are the topics), but still, you took your gloves off very quickly.

If we are going to start tiptoe around everybody, and "taking no shit from nobody" it is going to be increasingly harder to interact on this forum. I dislike the "eyeroll" as much as anyone around here, consider it really disrespectful, but ain't going to start shooting my guns for it. I know I'm not stupid, and I know my value is beyond this board, so I come here, interact and enjoy some nice conversation, and when the mood is getting rough, I finger roll it to the next civil post. Kind of stoping by for a beer at the local bar, I'm not going to start a fight just because somebody call me something. I'm also over 225 pounds myself, so it's a responsability not to throw myself into a rage for minor matters.

Random epithaf "I was a very strong character man, taking no shit from nobody, you could even call me violent, but the day came, when I met someone more violent than me. Now here I am."
Hope I translated right from the spanish saying.

I tried my best not to upset anybody, just trying to add something to this subject, it always sad when I read people putting each other on "ignore".

carey

Post by carey »

My dad used to say the same thing. "You may think you're a bad motherfucker, but there's always someone bigger & badder."
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

The funny thing is, if we were all sat in a bar having this discussion it would be over in a few minutes and we'd all move on, even after a few name callings, the next round would be bought and we'd change the subject, like, 'I've just seen David Lee mentioned as a possible contingency if we don't get Love, what do you think about that type of thing'.
Sadly it is rarely the case on a forum.

So, I've bought the next virtual round, the new subject is- David Lee, yes or no?
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yikes, that contract though...

TOO

Post by TOO »

I've always been a Lee fan, never tries to do too much, rebounds, can pass/score. He's 31 now though and 15M per season for the next 2 years, thats big money.

carey

Post by carey »

Agree with TOO. Not bailing GS our of that with out some sweetener.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

That was my thoughts. Why when we have got ourselves in such a good position financially would we want to risk it on an ageing person with such a mad contract.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Rant Sports came out with a mind blowing article on how to fix the Suns in the offseason. I thought I would share since it's too much for words. http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/06/1 ... n/#slide11

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:Rant Sports came out with a mind blowing article on how to fix the Suns in the offseason. I thought I would share since it's too much for words. http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/06/1 ... n/#slide11
That is essentially slideshow spam.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Lol, yes, just like my post to it.

So...to fix the Suns, they just have to do everything that they did last year. There. Done. Fixed.

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

In2ition wrote:Rant Sports came out with a mind blowing article on how to fix the Suns in the offseason. I thought I would share since it's too much for words. http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/06/1 ... n/#slide11
I want my thirty seconds back ;)
Silly fluff article that could have been written by just about anyone without a lot of effort or thought process.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

5. Duh
4. Duh
3. Duh
2. Duh
1. Duh

"Be Legendary."

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

If Bledose comes back, would anyone be interested in Patty Mills as a backup? Can shoot, play uptempo, could play sizeable minutes if a starter went down again. I just think thats a very solid 3 guard rotation if he came at an ok price, and sprinkle in some Goodwin. I know back pg isnt the biggest priority but if we can find a cost effective way to fill that then we can focus on upgrading SF and PF.