Game Day: Pistons (3-1) @ Suns (3-2), Fri 11/6/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Game Day: Pistons (3-1) @ Suns (3-2), Fri 11/6/15

Post by Superbone »

Time: 7:30 pm AZ (6:30 pm PT/9:30 pm ET)
Place: Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix, AZ
TV: FSAZ, NBALP

Morris vs. Morris. However, I'm wondering if Markieff will even play after being out sick on Thursday. It'll be interesting to see how the Morrii act in this one. It will also me interesting to see how we handle the beast known as Andre Drummond.

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Re: Game Day: Pistons (3-1) @ Suns (3-2), Fri 11/6/15

Post by ShelC »

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/p ... /75269754/
“I felt disrespected the entire time I was in Phoenix,” said Morris, 26. “I was playing well, but I still feel like I didn’t have a real opportunity to grow.

“Anytime a team trades you away like that, it’s a slap in the face. I still feel disrespected, and I feel like I want to disrespect them.”
Man I wish both would just go away.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

You disrespected us allright. That's why you are in Detroit.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

What is he even talking about? He got playing time that he didn't deserve. He wasn't outplaying PJ and y the end of the season he was being outplayed by TJ, too.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Not looking forward to this game. I worry that it will be 4-on-6 because Markieff will literally help his brother and Detroit win against us. I really don't want to hear about all the Morris drama the whole game. I can't wait to ship out Markieff.

I kind of wish they'd just bench Morris and not play him a single minute, but I doubt this franchise would have the guts to do that.

Drummond has been an absolute freaking BEAST so far this year. He is averaging 20.3 PPG and (holy shit) 19.5 RPG. Ack. Those are insane numbers, even for a 4-5 game stretch.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

does anybody have any idea what he is talking about? Like....this is more plausible if it was someone like, Archie Goodwin saying he didn't get a shot, but Morris played.....ALOT. He wasn't a good defender and when he didn't get "hot", he didn't do much else to help you win.

I just...what is he talking about? He got a big opportunity here.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

BTW, I don't know how but I think the suns win this one. They've played well since the Dallas debactle and although I still think they are going to have trouble in the long run without a low post presence, The Pistons start is a mirrage I think.

Suns 105
Pistons 99

Also....I'm gonna say P.J. and Marcus get into some sort of small altercation.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/p ... /75269754/
“I felt disrespected the entire time I was in Phoenix,” said Morris, 26. “I was playing well, but I still feel like I didn’t have a real opportunity to grow.

“Anytime a team trades you away like that, it’s a slap in the face. I still feel disrespected, and I feel like I want to disrespect them.”
Kind of like when we told him he needs to work on his defense. What a rough way to go through life thinking you're perfect and everybody is disrespecting you.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Also....I'm gonna say P.J. and Marcus get into some sort of small altercation.
This game has the feeling of after Kidd got traded to the Nets and the next game against them he was shouting at then Suns' head coach Scott Skiles during the game.

"Be Legendary."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

So if there is an altercation what are the chances that Markieff actually goes after a teammate? This is going to be a weird game. I am in favor of any hard fouls that are in Marcus's direction.

I also wonder if anyone in the locker room has said to Markieff, "Why's your brother actin' like a little bitch?" Because he certainly is.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Sunsfan4life wrote: Also....I'm gonna say P.J. and Marcus get into some sort of small altercation.
I hope they get into a large altercation and neither is able to play for the rest of the season.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

kind of wish they'd just bench Morris and not play him a single minute, but I doubt this franchise would have the guts to do that.
I don't think anybody wants him here anymore, especially him but, the reality of the situation is he is an asset worth a lot of money and it would be dumb to just throw him away without adequate compensation of some sort. You if you bench him you are making his value less and reduce your chances of getting a good return. You if you play him and he sucks on purpose just to screw us, then it also makes him look bad and worth less. If he keeps his mouth shut and contributes to the team I think that makes him look more appealing to other teams and brings his value up along with the chances of moving him. It's in his and our best interests for him to play and play well. I don't think it's a guts thing. I think it's business. I think they are doing the right thing even if it leaves a bad taste in everybody's mouth.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Superbone wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Also....I'm gonna say P.J. and Marcus get into some sort of small altercation.
This game has the feeling of after Kidd got traded to the Nets and the next game against them he was shouting at then Suns' head coach Scott Skiles during the game.

Marcus already did his shouting at Hornacek last season ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

LazarusLong wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Marcus already did his shouting at Hornacek last season ...
Heyoooooo

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hopefully no towels are thrown in any coaches' faces.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

More from Marcus:

You’re in the league, a player says he doesn’t want to play somewhere, and everybody’s asking him about it, I haven’t really seen too many places that kept the player who doesn’t want to be here,” Marcus Morris said after today’s shootaround for a Suns-Pistons game scheduled at 9:30 p.m.

But Marcus Morris said in watching Suns games that his brother “doesn’t look happy, I know him, so it is what is. He just don’t look comfortable. He don’t look too excited.”

But Marcus Morris said in watching Suns games that his brother “doesn’t look happy, I know him, so it is what is. He just don’t look comfortable. He don’t look too excited.”

Marcus: Just please STFU. You're an incredibly large pile of shit.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Keep talking, Marcus.

"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

ShelC wrote:http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/p ... /75269754/

Can we just trade this clown already? Jesus. I'm tired of the drama these two idiots have caused the past year, would be nice to be done with Markieff.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Surely there has to be a point where even the Pistons ask him to pipe down. There was once s time when I thought these guys were humble

Cap

Post by Cap »

Man, the Morrii really love that "slap in the face" metaphor.