Markieff Morris Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Markieff Morris Watch

Post by Ring_Wanted »

OKC shouldn't let go Morrow (or Collison) in this kind of deal. Hill of little use to them given the rest of their frontcourt. If they were interested in swapping McGary for PJ, I'd keep it simple and cut out Indiana (I don't know Bird would want Kieff anyway).

McGary, Novak(expiring) for PJ Tucker.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

More Markieff saga:

Suns ask Markieff Morris to apologize to team as condition of return
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--s ... 27368.html

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Was just about to post that link...from the article:
Suns general manager Ryan McDonough has asked Morris to briefly meet with him, Hornacek and team president Lon Babby prior to Tuesday's practice, the source said. Morris has been told he will be asked to apologize to his Suns coaches and teammates, make a renewed commitment to the team for games, practices, weight-training sessions and treatment sessions and attend all NBA and Suns community appearances, the source said.

Morris is expected to attend the meeting on Tuesday and do what is needed to return to practice afterward, the source said. Still, some within Morris' camp are confused by the team's requests because Morris already apologized to Hornacek and his teammates on Twitter and sent a separate apologetic text to Hornacek.
Again, embarrassing that we're playing patty-cake with this idiot. We're treating him like a child, yet bending over backwards to accommodate him. "Sorry Kieffy, tweets and texts aren't the way grown ups apologize. Now look Coach Hornacek in the eye, shake his hand (firm grip) and say you're sorry." Unreal. And the part I bolded, you can bet he's been skipping out on the community appearances, lift sessions and team functions which is essentially an f-you to the entire team, training staff and front office. And they probably let it go and looked the other way just to keep things on an even keel and not stir up the hornet's nest. Way to run a class organization and hold people accountable. No wonder the season's gone to hell. If I were Hornacek, I'd have walked with my assistants.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

JUST F-ING TRADE THE GUY ALREADY!

Sweet Jesus, enough with this nonsense.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

"Suns general manager Ryan McDonough has asked Morris to briefly meet with him, Hornacek and team president Lon Babby prior to Tuesday's practice, the source said. Morris has been told he will be asked to apologize to his Suns coaches and teammates, make a renewed commitment to the team for games, practices, weight-training sessions and treatment sessions and attend all NBA and Suns community appearances, the source said."

I thought Babby had been eased out of the player management part of the operations. This snippet and these proposed actions have his grubby little finger prints all over it. He's the idiot that made the Morris twins the "faces" of Suns' franchise.

More dithering. What started as a mud puddle has turned into unmanageable swamp of indecision, lack of direction and inferior management.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

This. Is. So. Stupid. Honestly, tell the guy to stay away from the team until he's traded. We literally look like we're running a pre-school. We need to pick if we're with the coach or with the players. Cause if we're with the coach, every player in Markieff's corner needs to be gone too.

It's all so ridiculous. We have a lame duck coach who we clearly don't support because we haven't picked up the team option on his contract, we have players that we coddle despite their obviously cancerous effect on the team.

The 76ers are awful, but at least you can tell those guys are playing hard every night and they have a clear vision. Someone in the organization needs to step up and make clear what our vision is and then stick to it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I thought Babby had been eased out of the player management part of the operations. This snippet and these proposed actions have his grubby little finger prints all over it.
Yeah, I was hoping that he was less involved based on what we heard over the summer. But this makes a lot more sense now.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They should make him draw a picture and make a collage about how much the team means to him. That worked a few years ago, didn't it?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:They should make him draw a picture and make a collage about how much the team means to him. That worked a few years ago, didn't it?
That really happened. It wasn't a bad dream or an awful SNL skit.

EDC

Post by EDC »

I don't think we have a good offer for Morris yet. It seems like they are setting up restrictions for Morris so that they have solid case to suspend him again if he continues with this behavior.

Probably a lot of it is to deal with any backlash from the players union. They were probably a little lax with him not attending everything in hopes that he would come around. That is all done with now though.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm going to go curl up into a ball and cry now.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You have to experience the lows to appreciate the highs.

Cardinal fans are euphoric right now but, it hasn't always been that way.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:You have to experience the lows to appreciate the highs.

I appreciate your positivity 'Dack.

I can't remember a time when the best player on the Cardinals, one that was labeled the future and face of the franchise, publicly said he didn't want to play for them anymore, dogged it the entire season, and publicly shunned his head coach by throwing a towel at him for being subbed in a game where he was sucking. Oh, and had first degree assault charges brought up on him for beating up his mom's boyfriend. But maybe I just didn't follow them closely enough.

:P

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Give it time.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:You have to experience the lows to appreciate the highs.

I appreciate your positivity 'Dack.

I can't remember a time when the best player on the Cardinals, one that was labeled the future and face of the franchise, publicly said he didn't want to play for them anymore, dogged it the entire season, and publicly shunned his head coach by throwing a towel at him for being subbed in a game where he was sucking. Oh, and had first degree assault charges brought up on him for beating up his mom's boyfriend. But maybe I just didn't follow them closely enough.

:P
Simeon Rice came pretty close.
Mori Chu wrote:They should make him draw a picture and make a collage about how much the team means to him. That worked a few years ago, didn't it?
What. The. Actual. F!*k.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Babby is semi-retired. He spends about 50% of his time on the Suns.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

wpmiller42 wrote:This. Is. So. Stupid. Honestly, tell the guy to stay away from the team until he's traded. We literally look like we're running a pre-school. We need to pick if we're with the coach or with the players. Cause if we're with the coach, every player in Markieff's corner needs to be gone too.

It's all so ridiculous. We have a lame duck coach who we clearly don't support because we haven't picked up the team option on his contract, we have players that we coddle despite their obviously cancerous effect on the team.

The 76ers are awful, but at least you can tell those guys are playing hard every night and they have a clear vision. Someone in the organization needs to step up and make clear what our vision is and then stick to it.
But that's exactly it. Our front office is neither with the players, nor with the coach. It seems they just want to fix whatever is broken that's immediately under their noses, without ever looking up past the tip of that nose to see if there may be repercussions to their (in)actions and (in)decisions. Someone else just posted that the Suns may not want to be paying coaches that are not working for the team any more, and that makes sense... That's about the extent of the support that we have shown him.

As for the 76ers, they have a clear design for the future, but the execution thus far has really stunk, I have to say. Noel was an understandable pickup, Embiid was strange, but okay, he was hurt and could help delay their rebuild one more year. But I honestly can't understand the Okafor selection. They already know that Noel is a center with range up to 5 feet, why couple that with yet another center who demands the ball on the low block and has zero defensive impact?

Anyway, we have enough problems as a franchise, no sense worrying ourselves with those of another.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Blabby and Ryan made their beds and now they're having to sleep in them. Stupid decision after stupid decision is blowing up in their faces. This was all so avoidable. From Bledose to the Morris clowns, just so frustrating how short-sighted, arrogant, and wrong this regime has been.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Don't forget trading THE LAKER PICK for Brandon Knight who we could have easily signed outright as an FA. :-/

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:Don't forget trading THE LAKER PICK for Brandon Knight who we could have easily signed outright as an FA. :-/
I don't think you are going to let us forget anytime soon. Image
Go Suns!

Og Snus!