Merry Christmas.net

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Danimal

Merry Christmas.net

Post by Danimal »

Hi all.

Clearly I am on a different time zone to you guys in the states, but just wanted to wish you all happy holidays. Despite the suns current woes this time of the year is the one time of year I get to see my family, which always puts me in a good mood. I hope you have a good 25th and thanks again for providing another way for me to avoid the gym each day :lol: I always enjoy the loyalty of the folks on here which is largely lost in a generation of bandwagon fans

To keep it basketball related why not put your basketball related Christmas gift wish list below

Gift: Trade Markieff for something of long term value

stocking filler: Christmas time is a favourite time of year for children. As Some folks have already literally thrown the towel in this season, why not put more thoughts into our kids....PLAY LEN, BOOKER, LEN again, Warren and GOODWIN!

carey

Re: Merry Christmas.net

Post by carey »

Merry Christmas, Danimal and the rest of phx-suns.net. I hope you all have a happy holidays.

For Christmas I hope they replace Jeff Hornacek (who I like is a lot, I just think he's a bad fit with this group) with Tom Thibodeau.

I hope that Markieff Morris is traded with P.J. Tucker for a SF/PF that can shoot from distance. Someone that is young enough to grow along with our core guys 19-25. I hope Ronnie Price's recent solid play means we can move him to a team for some kind of future asset. Open up time for Goodwin so we know what we're going to do with his contract next Summer. Playing Ronnie Price is one of the biggest problems I have (along with constantly going small instead of playing Chandler & Len.) They way it was explained to me was that Bledsoe & Knight would start each half together, but they wouldn't really play that much together. Either one of Knight or Bledsoe would always be on the floor and one would be the primary PG when the other sat. This isn't what is happening right now. It should be. Lets go back to that and get Booker & Archie some time.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

sunshoopjunky

Post by sunshoopjunky »

Merry Christmas everyone I don't post much but most of you all have been like family to me for over 15 years. Thanks for the good, the bad and the ugly. Just like real family.

My Christmas list is gifts for you family:

Bless all of you and yours. May you find joy and happiness and maybe even a 1st round draft pick and may the gypsy curses in your life be few.

Much love,
shj
Phoenix Suns - The art of taking a punch.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Merry (insert whatever other we prefer...after all it is all really about our annual solar event!) to all!

My wish is the #1 pick in the draft, which we have been pining for since 1968. After all, there are only a couple of championships won by teams without their own draft pick as the center of the team.

Of course, to make that happen, even worse things will have to continue this year. Like firing our coach (who, like carey said, isn't the dolt many here seem to make him out to be), sitting/trading/exiling Keef, and honestly getting out of the long-term deal with Knight (and Bleds if we get lucky enough for both). Oh, and please, don't play PJ anymore. I know he tries hard, but we need more than that at this point. And I am sure there are some teams that need a guy like him for 8-12 mpg.
Last edited by Indy on Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote: (who, like carey, isn't the dolt many here seem to make him out to be)
Hey! Who makes me out to be a dolt!?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote: (who, like carey, isn't the dolt many here seem to make him out to be)
Hey! Who makes me out to be a dolt!?

Doing too many things at once. That should say, "like carey said." Sorry about that my friend.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, all! I enjoy hanging out with my Suns' family here on phx-suns.net.

My Christmas wish is to get a team that moves the ball around with purpose and in the name of teamwork. I want a team that plays hard and for each other. Kind of like what we had two years ago but with better passing.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Merry Christmas to everyone! And to those who do not celebrate Christmas, happy whatever holiday you do celebrate.

I really enjoy getting to come to this site every day and read all of your messages about the Suns, and post a few rants of my own. So happy about the little community we have here. We keep it nice and polite and respectful and avoid a lot of the trolling and sniping you see on a lot of other sites. Grats to the mods for keeping everything going smoothly. Also thanks to carey for making great news threads every week and generally posting a ton of great content, and to Superbone for posting the Game Day threads.

I'm currently in Seattle celebrating Christmas with my wife's family, then I'm flying back to the Bay Area to see my own family. I'm having a great time (other than coming down with a flu yesterday, oops). Hope everyone is happy and surrounded by loved ones, good food, and presents! :-)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Yes, cheerleaders dressed in Santa suits is a holiday tradition I can get behind.

Umm... you know what I mean.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Merry Christmas everybody!!!

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:Yes, cheerleaders dressed in Santa suits is a holiday tradition I can get behind.

Post of the day

Cap

Post by Cap »

Wow, that airball by Bosh (tie game, 13 seconds left) would be such a good fit on the Suns.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Wow, and Davis puts up an airball with Bosh defending on the other end. OT.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:Yes, cheerleaders dressed in Santa suits is a holiday tradition I can get behind.

Yep. That really warmed my cockles.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Whatever holiday you may be celebrating today, in the coming weeks or recently, I hope you did/do so with people you dig and enjoy the time immensely. Best wishes for 2016.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Happy holidays and new year! Here's to 2016 bringing us some basketball peace and hope!

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

FELIZ NAVIDAD AMIGOS!!!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Heeeeey ese pendejo ahí! Jajaja