Suns News: Week 11 1/4-1/10

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Suns News: Week 11 1/4-1/10

Post by carey »

*Your ad here.*

Last Week's Games

vs. Cleveland Cavaliers LOSS 101-97
@ San Antonio Spurs LOSS 112-79
@ Oklahoma City Thunder LOSS 110-106
@ Sacramento Kings LOSS 142-119
@ Los Angeles Lakers LOSS 97-77

This Week's Games

Wednesday, January 6th vs. Charlotte Hornets 9:00PM EST
Friday, January 8th vs. Miami Heat 9:30PM EST

Suns Stories

'We’re at ground zero right now': Suns hit rock bottom of disastrous season (S.I.) - http://www.si.com/nba/2016/01/04/phoeni ... g-problems

Also, Marc Stein had this to say:

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/684017448513843200

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Re: Suns News: Week 11 1/4-1/10

Post by In2ition »

If they could get another shooter, a pass first pg, and win the Simmons lottery, I'd be all for it. Bring 7SOL back.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:If they could get another shooter, a pass first pg, and win the Simmons lottery, I'd be all for it. Bring 7SOL back.
Honestly, the only thing holding them back from trying that would be a pass-first PG. They have shooters at the 2, 3, 4 and sometimes 5 (when we play small). What we don't have is a high BB IQ PG.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:If they could get another shooter, a pass first pg, and win the Simmons lottery, I'd be all for it. Bring 7SOL back.
Honestly, the only thing holding them back from trying that would be a pass-first PG. They have shooters at the 2, 3, 4 and sometimes 5 (when we play small). What we don't have is a high BB IQ PG.
All I see here is BBQ Pig. It's too early, and I'm hungry.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Indy

Post by Indy »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Indy wrote:
All I see here is BBQ Pig. It's too early, and I'm hungry.
Well a BBQ Pig has higher BBIQ than our PGs.

carey

Post by carey »

From that S.I. piece.
Great organizations anticipate problems before they happen. Good organizations react swiftly to problems so as to limit the damage. And then there are the Suns, whose ham-handed handling of the Morris twins continues to drag on, and on, and on, and on.
A win will bring only temporary relief. Firing Hornacek won’t dramatically alter this group’s outlook either. The big-picture questions, the ones that trace back up the Suns’ hierarchy, are set to linger for years.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

so damn depressing.

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote: 'We’re at ground zero right now': Suns hit rock bottom of disastrous season (S.I.) -
I wish people would stop saying that. Every time someone says the Suns have hit rock bottom, they whip out the jackhammers and dig deeper.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
carey wrote: 'We’re at ground zero right now': Suns hit rock bottom of disastrous season (S.I.) -
I wish people would stop saying that. Every time someone says the Suns have hit rock bottom, they whip out the jackhammers and dig deeper.
You have to hit obsidian at some point.

carey

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:
What's left? We've lost to the worst defense in the league and the worst team in the league. We've set franchise low marks for futility. I suppose Knight could tear an ACL and Len could break an ankle though, so maybe you're right.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Cap wrote:
You have to hit obsidian at some point.
The Suns are going to end up in China at the rate they're going!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Cap wrote:
What's left? We've lost to the worst defense in the league and the worst team in the league. We've set franchise low marks for futility. I suppose Knight could tear an ACL and Len could break an ankle though, so maybe you're right.
If Knight is our only PG, we are better off trying to play without him. I am in no way hoping/wishing for an injury to him, especially not a career-changing one. But I am sure we would see better basketball without him leading this team.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

This shit starts at the top with Sarver.

I truly believe we will continue to be frustrated until he decides he's ready to sell the team. Then we have to worry about if the new owner will be any better.
Last edited by The Bobster on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Then who would start at PG? Price? Goodwin?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:Then who would start at PG? Price? Goodwin?
I don't care. He just doesn't have what it takes to run a team as the PG. There is a reason that DET bailed half way through his rookie contact, and MIL bailed at the end of it. He was a #8 pick after all.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What do you think is the ideal fit for him, then? Microwave guard off the bench? Or is he too good for that? Maybe he just can't be on a winning team.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think the microwave is best, but he is so hot and cold, you need to try him out and if he is on, play it all night. If not, pull the plug quickly.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He might have a similar trajectory to Jason Terry. They tried making him a starting PG in Atlanta for years. Now even if he's starting off on the bench, he ends up closing out games.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, I can see him getting to that at some point. He needs to work on his consistency, and how much he telegraphs what he is going to do coming down the floor.

Indy

Post by Indy »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2604 ... ave-become

Suns Have Only Themsleves to Blame for the Inconsistent Mess They Have Become
By Kevin Ding , NBA Senior Writer Jan 4, 2016

The basic ideas of a pick-and-roll offense and a Tyson Chandler-anchored defense have delivered only sluggish results. Knight said it has been different mistakes on different nights, but confusion is naturally going to occur when the team lacks "something that we can go [with] that works for us, something so that we know we're going to be playing the right way."

Some of that falls on Chandler, the veteran presence who let the Suns get outscored by an incomprehensible 30 points in his 20 minutes of action Sunday night. That was after his costly ejection in Sacramento Saturday night.