Around the League: Week 15 2/1 - 2/7

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Around the League: Week 15 2/1 - 2/7

Post by Mori Chu »

Woj drops this article about how he thinks Kevin Durant will go to the Warriors this offseason. I think that is total hogwash. I would be really shocked if Durant left OKC. He likes it there and has a good thing going for him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--w ... 59375.html

Superbone

Re: Around the League: Week 15 2/1 - 2/7

Post by Superbone »

Plus, it wouldn't be fair. ;)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I can't wait to see the Suns' push for Durant.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

I don't think Durant is staying in OKC. I think he winds up in NY, L.A. or SF. He's tired of being in po-dunk middle-America.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:I don't think Durant is staying in OKC. I think he winds up in NY, L.A. or SF. He's tired of being in po-dunk middle-America.
Exactly.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'd put a dollar that he stays. I think he actually likes being out of the constant media spotlight and criticism. And I think he likes the OKC roster and the team he's on. Likes Westbrook, Ibaka, all those guys. Also don't think he wants to be seen as being "like Lebron" in the sense of joining forces with his enemy to try to get a title. Also I just don't see how the money would work out for GState to sign him.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:I'd put a dollar that he stays. I think he actually likes being out of the constant media spotlight and criticism. And I think he likes the OKC roster and the team he's on. Likes Westbrook, Ibaka, all those guys. Also don't think he wants to be seen as being "like Lebron" in the sense of joining forces with his enemy to try to get a title. Also I just don't see how the money would work out for GState to sign him.
That's what sign and trades are for.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

A whole dollar?

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:I'd put a dollar that he stays. I think he actually likes being out of the constant media spotlight and criticism. And I think he likes the OKC roster and the team he's on. Likes Westbrook, Ibaka, all those guys. Also don't think he wants to be seen as being "like Lebron" in the sense of joining forces with his enemy to try to get a title. Also I just don't see how the money would work out for GState to sign him.
And nobody blames Shaq for going to LA. And it isn't like he keeps getting far in the playoffs but just can't win a ring. Sure he got to the Finals once, but they lost 4 in a row to lose in 5 games.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I am willing to bet two whole dollars that Durant leaves OKC!

Also, here is an article that explains how GS could free up cap space for Durant.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-the-wa ... 10075.html

EDC

Post by EDC »

I can't wait for Durant to move to a big market. Have you guys read some of the articles about how the Thunder protect him from even local media? He has such an antagonistic relationship with them to the point of local beat writers not even bothering to try and ask him questions. Him and Westbrook get offended so easily and just refuse to answer questions.

I really want to see him try that in a bigger city. I've got my popcorn ready.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Wally_West wrote:I am willing to bet two whole dollars that Durant leaves OKC!

Also, here is an article that explains how GS could free up cap space for Durant.

He would go to the Warriors to get a ring or two.

But from the Warriors standpoint, do they really need another alpha dog?
Would Durant be able to adjust his game to fit their style ... meaning taking fewer shots and having the ball less?
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Would Durant be able to adjust his game to fit their style ... meaning taking fewer shots and having the ball less?
He seemed to do that well with Westbrook

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

We're going to sign Nick Collison to a 4 year deal and then walk him into the meeting to help pitch Durant.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:We're going to sign Nick Collison to a 4 year deal and then walk him into the meeting to help pitch Durant.
A 4 year, 52 million dollar deal...

Indy

Post by Indy »

And as bad as that sounds, I am much happier paying Tyson 13 million a year than either Bledsoe or Knight.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Indy wrote:
Well, yes, Westbrook and Durant take about 80% of the shots for that team. Which is why Reggie Jackson wanted to go somewhere to get his touches.

If Durant goes to the Warriors, he would have to share the ball with Curry, Thompson and Green. Remember how Bosh had to adjust in Miami with LeBron and Wade being the alpha dogs?

There's a delicate, but well-honed chemistry with the Warriors. Durant would definitely alter it. He is not used to even a semi-subservient role.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

LazarusLong wrote:
Wally_West wrote:I am willing to bet two whole dollars that Durant leaves OKC!

He would go to the Warriors to get a ring or two.

But from the Warriors standpoint, do they really need another alpha dog?
Seems like a good opportunity to pick up Harrison Barnes

Split T

Post by Split T »

LazarusLong wrote:
Indy wrote:
Well, yes, Westbrook and Durant take about 80% of the shots for that team. Which is why Reggie Jackson wanted to go somewhere to get his touches.

If Durant goes to the Warriors, he would have to share the ball with Curry, Thompson and Green. Remember how Bosh had to adjust in Miami with LeBron and Wade being the alpha dogs?

There's a delicate, but well-honed chemistry with the Warriors. Durant would definitely alter it. He is not used to even a semi-subservient role.
What if he replaced Thompson. Curry-Durant-Green could work.

If your golden state do you send klay in a sign and trade for Durant. Durant is clearly better, but why break up a team that would most likely be coming off two straight titles. The chemistry issues child be tricky. However, if it works out, they could run off 4 or 5 straight without much resistance

carey

Post by carey »

JCSunsfan wrote:

Seems like a good opportunity to pick up Harrison Barnes
He's definitely getable with a max offer. I don't now why you do that with Warren here, but maybe you sign Barnes and move Warren packaged with Knight for someone. Idk.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!