Obligatory Walking Dead Thread

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Nodack

Re: Obligatory Walking Dead Thread

Post by Nodack »

So everybody is already infected, but they don't show any symptoms and never have to worry about turning into a zombie unless they die. You can cut yourself, get shot or whatever and you don't have to worry about the zombie infection making you sick or killing you. But, if a zombie bites you even in the slightest way his juices will infect you with another level of zombie infection and you are going to die soon and turn into a zombie. I get that. The part I don't get is smearing zombie juices all over your body with no fear of further infection. These guys are always bleeding from injuries they get all the time and zombie blood and juices smeared on previous injuries has to be a risk I would think. They do most of the time wear clothes covered in the zombie juices when they use that technique and I only see it smeared on their faces a little, so maybe the risk is small, but I don't know.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

You're over-thinking it, 'Dack. It's a TV show. It's called suspension of disbelief.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yes, Dack. It is exactly as you described it. And I would assume if they rubbed zombie guts into a wound, they would turn. That's why they don't do it often.

And what Bone said.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I know I am over thinking it. Watch any action movie and you can easily pick it apart. Just nit picking.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Who's the say the folks that have survived up to this point aren't to some extent immune? Who was the last person they let turn - Shane? Merrill?

Andrea shot herself before she turned,
Spoiler: show/hide
that would be a crazy twist.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Well, I hope last nights episode was an exception for this season and we don't go back to whole episodes with 1-2 characters like last season....thought that was a big flop

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I love the attention to details. Did you notice the Bible verses listed on the wall in Gabriel's church? It was the last Sunday service they had and these were what was listed:

Romans 6:4
We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

Ezekiel 37:7
So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I prophesied, there was a sound, and behold, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone.

Matthew 27:52
The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised,

Revelation 9:6
And in those days people will seek death and will not find it. They will long to die, but death will flee from them.

Luke 24:5
And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead?
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

You can tell they spend a lot of time on those kinds of details. Maybe not so much on plot, though.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

The whole hospital setting, with the functioning police department, 1 doctor several wards and two patients, was ridiculous.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

"Functioning" police department? Where do you live, Ferguson? ;)

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Maybe that was the wrong word choice, but I think you know what I meant: uniforms, squad cars, walkie -talkies. The whole thing didn't make sense.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

They must have had an immense supply of AA batteries and gasoline available to them.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Superbone wrote:They must have had an immense supply of AA batteries and gasoline available to them.
Gasoline goes bad rather quickly, that's one trope of end of the world type fiction that almost always gets it wrong.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Dan H wrote:
Superbone wrote:They must have had an immense supply of AA batteries and gasoline available to them.
Gasoline goes bad rather quickly, that's one trope of end of the world type fiction that almost always gets it wrong.
I have had gas in a car for over a year without any problems before. I'm not sure it was great for the engine, but it ran fine. How much does it have to do with being left out?

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Hospitals and police stations have plenty of resources, so it's not too much of a stretch to think they could have provided for their "community" in the hospital. What was odd for me is that none of these cops had family/significant others with them within that community. With all that largesse, where were relatives, boyfriends, girlfriends, etc. The Latino enclave in Season 1 was built to protect family members, and the Governor's group had families. Even the creepy Terminus group had some families. The premise for this hospital group was shakey, at best.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Indy wrote:
Dan H wrote:
I have had gas in a car for over a year without any problems before. I'm not sure it was great for the engine, but it ran fine. How much does it have to do with being left out?
Depends on how much ethanol it's been cut with. The more ethanol, the more water it will absorb over time if it's not perfectly sealed. More than a year is probably pushing it without treatment.

http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/sta-bil

In the show it's theoretically been almost two years:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Telev ... w_Timeline

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mid-season hiatuses (hiati?) are so annoying. I always have to go back and wikipedia the plot summary of the last few episodes when the show returns because it's been so long I've lost all attachment.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:Mid-season hiatuses (hiati?) are so annoying. I always have to go back and wikipedia the plot summary of the last few episodes when the show returns because it's been so long I've lost all attachment.
Then why do you watch?

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:hiatuses (hiati?).
Hilarious

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Next year they're going to the run the spinoff during the hiatus supposedly.