Game of Thrones: Season 6 (Current)

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Ring_Wanted

Re: RE: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 6 (Current)

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Ghost wrote:
Indy wrote:By the way, "knew" is a very strange word.
I knough. It should be knough.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Knowed is ancient but it does exist, right?

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Indy wrote:By the way, "knew" is a very strange word.
I knough. It should be knough.

Knowed is ancient but it does exist, right?
Yes, it is archaic but it was used back in the day.

Ghost

Re: Game of Thrones: Season 6 (Current)

Post by Ghost »

Also, I'm a grammar anarchist, and "knowed" makes sense, so I support its usage at all times, in the right context (ie, when you aren't in a business meeting trying to impress people). Grammar is not about rules, but about understanding.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

It's nice that we can all have our own opinions on how we view the first 2 episodes. No need to get overly critical *cough* GHOST *cough* because opinions don't align.

Though I will say, looking back on a few of the other seasons, they are a slow burn initially. I'm excited to see where all of the recent events take us.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Ghost wrote:Also, I'm a grammar anarchist, and "knowed" makes sense, so I support its usage at all times, in the right context (ie, when you aren't in a business meeting trying to impress people). Grammar is not about rules, but about understanding.
One too many commas for my liking. Then again, I'm a comma anarchist. Personally, I would have phrased your lengthy first sentence as follows to eliminate the plethora of punctuation that was littering what was said.

"As a grammar anarchist, I support the usage of "knowed" at all times as it makes sense in the right context." Although that really contradicts the point because "in the right context" makes its usage rather limited.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Ghost wrote:Also, I'm a grammar anarchist, and "knowed" makes sense, so I support its usage at all times, in the right context (ie, when you aren't in a business meeting trying to impress people). Grammar is not about rules, but about understanding.
One too many commas for my liking. Then again, I'm a comma anarchist. Personally, I would have phrased your lengthy first sentence as follows to eliminate the plethora of punctuation that was littering what was said.

"As a grammar anarchist, I support the usage of "knowed" at all times as it makes sense in the right context." Although that really contradicts the point because "in the right context" makes its usage rather limited.
I would only use it strategically. Geeze.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Ghost wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

I would only use it strategically. Geeze.

Just messing with you :)

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AmareIsGod wrote:It's nice that we can all have our own opinions on how we view the first 2 episodes. No need to get overly critical *cough* GHOST *cough* because opinions don't align.

Though I will say, looking back on a few of the other seasons, they are a slow burn initially. I'm excited to see where all of the recent events take us.
It's a thread of critique about the show, so...

And I was fair. Yes, I'm a sarcastic son of a bitch, but everyone here knows me and knows I say it all with love. And I feel I was pretty fair in my show-related critique (and meta-critique), and Mori said BEFORE the second episode that he hoped it was better than the first but then complained after it that it was, in fact, better than the first. So there isn't much to say about that beyond that he is insane.

And yes, I knew you were messing with me. I spoke sarcasm before you were born, son. :)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ghost wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:It's nice that we can all have our own opinions on how we view the first 2 episodes. No need to get overly critical *cough* GHOST *cough* because opinions don't align.

It's a thread of critique about the show, so...

And I was fair. Yes, I'm a sarcastic son of a bitch, but everyone here knows me and knows I say it all with love. And I feel I was pretty fair in my show-related critique (and meta-critique), and Mori said BEFORE the second episode that he hoped it was better than the first but then complained after it that it was, in fact, better than the first. So there isn't much to say about that beyond that he is insane.

And yes, I knowed you were messing with me. I spoke sarcasm before you were born, son. :)
FTFY

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Episode 3.

I liked that. I'm especially glad they didn't make Jon Snow some walking dead, semi zombie like or altered state version of himself.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Episode three was boring. I'm growing tired of them teasing some interesting part of the story and then switching to some story line I couldn't care less about.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I wasn't bored at all. I thought there were some great parts.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Episode three was boring. I'm growing tired of them teasing some interesting part of the story and then switching to some story line I couldn't care less about.
The House Martell (Oberyn) crap didn't pop up again. They actually hit on storylines I cared about and even the ones I was growing tired of (Aria and Bran, I'm looking at you) actually went somewhere, finally. It was a pretty epic sword fight with a young Ned Stark that Bran got to witness.

Until this episode, I felt the same as you. This episode really built on the first two slow burns and brought some substance to the season. I liked it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It was interesting to see a great battle that Ned bragged about really be about 5 on 2, and end with a stab in the back.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AmareIsGod wrote:Episode 3.

I liked that. I'm especially glad they didn't make Jon Snow some walking dead, semi zombie like or altered state version of himself.
That ain't how the Lord of Lights gifts work. When you cone back, you are back. Remember flaming sword guy that I really wish was a regular on the show?

carey

Post by carey »

Ghost wrote:
That ain't how the Lord of Lights gifts work. When you cone back, you are back. Remember flaming sword guy that I really wish was a regular on the show?
Sir Beric Dondarrion, aka The Lightning Lord. He has also said, "Every time I come back, I'm a bit less. Pieces of you get chipped away." Though he hasn't explained in any detail what that has meant.

Anywho, there's some theories out there that Jon wasn't necessarily resurrected by R'hllor but instead Jon warged into Ghost while his body was dying. I don't agree with it, but I thought the possibility was interesting.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Yes, Dondarrion. Thank you, that was driving me crazy. He might be a little less each time but he's been resurrected quite a few times. Granted, Jon's descent into whatever may be accelerated for the plot, and we don't actually know how bad that first time was for Beric (I would imagine it's pretty awful).

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I have seen the Ghost theory and despite my current name, no. Not buying that.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:It was interesting to see a great battle that Ned bragged about really be about 5 on 2, and end with a stab in the back.
Yes, but I am actually kind of pissed off about that scene. I've been waiting for that particular scene since I saw images of it in the trailer for this season. It's very close to how it went down in the books. Except there were 3 King's Guard at the tower and Ned brought 5 other men including Howland Reed (Jojen and Meera's father & the one who winds up stabbing Sir Arthur Dayne in the back.) The important part of what happens at the Tower isn't the battle. It's what Ned finds inside the tower *after* the battle is finished and the show cut away before Bran was able to see what (who) was there. Dayne aka The Sword of the Mourning was probably the best swordsman in Westeros (even better than Jamie) at the time. Why was he not on the Trident with Rhaegar or guarding Aerys II? Why did Rhaegar send him to guard a little patch of isolated land in Dorne? We pretty much all know why and it's time for them to show us so we can all stop speculating.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

carey wrote:We pretty much all know why and it's time for them to show us so we can all stop speculating.
My frustration with this show in one sentence.

This article had me wondering which show the author is watching. "It's moving so fast!"

Despite a damn cliffhanger every 3 minutes...
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.