Everything Soccer

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
TOO

Re: Everything Soccer

Post by TOO »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Angel Di Maria was linked to Arsenal, but I think he's stays after winning CL.
Ancelotti WANTS Di Maria. Only if the player forced Real's hand he'd be sold, but it would take a crazy amount for both the player and the team, although RM has not been historically a club that sells too high, with some exceptions like Seedorf, Robinho or Ozil (who seemed like a steal at the time, right?).

But the player has said that he wants to stay, and there is a new contract waiting for him, so I think it is not too probable that he moves.
Madrid is looking for £40M+ from anyone looking to buy him. Interesting.

Zeratul

Post by Zeratul »

World Cup starts thursday! I wonder who's going to win it all...

In 1966 Atletico Madrid won the spanish championship, Real Madrid won the Champions' league, Betis was relegated to 2nd division and Austria won the Eurovision... Then England hosted the World Cup and won so I guess it should be Brazil this time :geek:

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Angel Di Maria was linked to Arsenal, but I think he's stays after winning CL.
Ancelotti WANTS Di Maria. Only if the player forced Real's hand he'd be sold, but it would take a crazy amount for both the player and the team, although RM has not been historically a club that sells too high, with some exceptions like Seedorf, Robinho or Ozil (who seemed like a steal at the time, right?).

But the player has said that he wants to stay, and there is a new contract waiting for him, so I think it is not too probable that he moves.
Yeah, apparently there are offers already around €40M, but that's not going to cut it. Shouldn't, at least.

SDC

Post by SDC »

is there a FIFA 2014 online bracket i can fill? cant find any.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:

Yeah, apparently there are offers already around €40M, but that's not going to cut it. Shouldn't, at least.
Not when a guy like Pogba is being discussed potentially at £75M.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

The World Cup will belong to a South American team. As much as I'd love England to win it your looking at a long shot and a huge slice of luck.
I'm going for Brazil or Argentina I'd prefer Brazil.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I think France and Germany (even sans Reus) have a quality chance as well.

Zeratul

Post by Zeratul »

Not sure about French national team... No Ribery, a lot of "noobies", not crazy about their coach either...

Germany, yeah I can see them win it all... butI think it's gonna be Brazil, Argentina or maybe Spain.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm not confident in Germany doing much outside of the group stage. Everyone knows that this WC will be a logistical nightmare, and to quote Jurgen, the Germans don't do very well with "going with the flow." Not to mention they're only bringing one striker and they've lost one of their most talented players.

I think the biggest potential for Brazil to be upset will be in the second round against Chile or Spain.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SDC

Post by SDC »

i predict chile and spain to make it out, not netherlands.

but mexico is so bad, the spot is open to croatia or cameroon.

Zeratul

Post by Zeratul »

Cameroon not looking so good right now...

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/cameroo ... azil-bonus

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

I think all European teams will struggle with the humidity. Playing sports in a hot country like Spain is one thing, but close to 90% humidity is another challenge altogether.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

SDC

Post by SDC »

cant wait

TOO

Post by TOO »

Happy World Cup Day!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm a big Marcelo fan. I love how he still manages a smile after scoring an own goal.

This has been a very entertaining match so far.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Croatia has been surprisngly aggressive, I think Brazil nets another 1 maybe 2 in the 2nd half to put them away, possession has been all Brazil.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Croatia was taken to bone town by the refs on the Fred flop.

Zeratul

Post by Zeratul »

So much flopping...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Croatia played well, but not well enough to win.

The Fred flop and subsequent PK was dreadful.

Oscar was Man of the Match. His creativity on the ball was all the Brazilians had for long stretches.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I agree about Oscar, he was great, but all we'll hear about is Neymar. Bah. Modric was great for Croatia.