What TV shows are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
carey

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by carey »

DrSublime wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:Agreed. I started watching about two years ago beginning with the reboot. The first two seasons were a little rough but needed to fully grasp the next few. Go back and watch, Bone.
Isn't that when I started? The beginning of Matt Smith?
no you need to start when Christopher Eccelston is the Doctor (9th)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninth_Doctor

< Matt is the 11th
the 10th doctor (David Tennant) is by far my favorite of the bunch
No you don't. Starting at Smith's run (S05E01) is fine. If you find the show is for you go back and watch Tennant & Eccleston's run after. The show does a superb job of resetting things with Smith.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
DrSublime wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:Agreed. I started watching about two years ago beginning with the reboot. The first two seasons were a little rough but needed to fully grasp the next few. Go back and watch, Bone.
Isn't that when I started? The beginning of Matt Smith?
no you need to start when Christopher Eccelston is the Doctor (9th)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninth_Doctor

< Matt is the 11th
the 10th doctor (David Tennant) is by far my favorite of the bunch
No you don't. Starting at Smith's run (S05E01) is fine. If you find the show is for you go back and watch Tennant & Eccleston's run after. The show does a superb job of resetting things with Smith.
I actually started when Dr. Who "came to America" but then went back and watched starting at S05E01. Great stuff!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I disagree with Carey on this. I would go back now and start at 9 if you are really into it already. If you are just kind of into it, I would start with 10 (Tennant--who is my fav too).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:I disagree with Carey on this. I would go back now and start at 9 if you are really into it already. If you are just kind of into it, I would start with 10 (Tennant--who is my fav too).
I love Smith so I find it hard to believe I'll like anybody better. :) When I have time, I'll go back.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Looks like Netflix streaming starts with Eccleston. I like him as an actor anyhow so I suppose it's worth a look.

Indy

Post by Indy »

He's fine. The budget and writing needed work that season.

Sent using Tapatalk

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I blew through the rest of The Leftovers last night and today. I've come around and think its very interesting at its current stage. It has a lot of similar characteristics that I enjoyed in Lost, and the latest episode (9 of 10) in the first season pretty much sealed my interest to at least check it out when the second season starts.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:I disagree with Carey on this. I would go back now and start at 9 if you are really into it already. If you are just kind of into it, I would start with 10 (Tennant--who is my fav too).
I love Smith so I find it hard to believe I'll like anybody better. :) When I have time, I'll go back.
the dynamic between The Doctor(Eccelston, but mostly Tennant) and Rose Tyler is what makes the 9th/10th doctor better than 11
~~~~~

SDC

Post by SDC »

Z-Nation: episode 1, zombie babies. episode 2, zombie dogs. slow walking zombies and fast running zombies.

The STrain: fun to watch

You're the Worst on FX: best romantic comedy, in the last 10 years (movies or tv).

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I just watched Gotham. I like it but first half made me roll my eyes a few times. It had a solid second half though that makes me like the potential of what the show could be. I give a solid B.

I like the Strain but I kind of see what Carey means about dialogue. It can be cringe worthy at times but it is fun overall.

Outlander- haven't watched it yet but plan to.

SDC

Post by SDC »

the Strain is not meant to be scary. it's more of an adventure show. I have fun watching it.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

SDC wrote:the Strain is not meant to be scary. it's more of an adventure show. I have fun watching it.
The funny/neat/cool thing about The Strain is that it was in development for TV years ago. The network eventually dropped it, and Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan turned it into a book trilogy. In between del Toro also made Blade 2, which features a lot of the ideas they came up with for their TV show - the physiology of the vampires, the ancient vampire running things in the shadows in cahoots with big business, the UV lights and bombs, etc. And now they've come full circle and they're making a TV show of the books originally intended to be a TV show. Heh.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I've watched every episode. Other than the awful writing, horrible dialogue, boring two-dimensional characters and awful action scenes, it's a pretty decent show. I had high hopes for it, but they're really failing in the execution.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

It's a pretty faithful adaptation of the books which were pretty entertaining. Guess something just gets lost in translation from time to time. I'm interested to see how they handle the way the 2nd and 3rd book went on the TV show because it really kicks things up to 11.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Shabazz wrote:I've watched every episode. Other than the awful writing, horrible dialogue, boring two-dimensional characters and awful action scenes, it's a pretty decent show. I had high hopes for it, but they're really failing in the execution.
yet you keep watching. is no different from TWD or ZNATION.
Last edited by SDC on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I have issues quitting shows once I've invested time into them.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

The Strain has many faults but I still enjoy it overall.

SDC

Post by SDC »

gotham not that bad. kudos to DC.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Anybody watch Boardwalk Empire?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wally_West wrote:Anybody watch Boardwalk Empire?
never seen an episode but always hear good things. Do you watch it? If so, do you recommend it?

Sent using Tapatalk