Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Indy

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Indy »

I had Severance on my list, but haven't started it yet. During Suns season I am really behind on TV shows. My wife and I only watch 3-4 hours of TV a week.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:27 am
Loved Devs. I’m caught up on Severance and really liking it as well. I’m 4 episodes into Dark now. Good stuff. Watching a new episode every night.
Season 1 episode 4 of Dark? Let me know your thoughts on episode 5!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:54 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:27 am
Loved Devs. I’m caught up on Severance and really liking it as well. I’m 4 episodes into Dark now. Good stuff. Watching a new episode every night.
Season 1 episode 4 of Dark? Let me know your thoughts on episode 5!
Just watched 5 last night. Excellent. It's all coming together now. Finally see a new character who seems to be in the middle of it all. Still a lot to explain but some pretty freaky relationships, behaviors, and characters.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Just finished season 2. What a crazy ending. Just when you think it couldn't be more nuts!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:00 pm
Just finished season 2. What a crazy ending. Just when you think it couldn't be more nuts!
Hold on to your hat (or maybe yellow rain jacket)! :D

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

One of my big issues with the show, especially as it went on and if you binge it at any level, is the foreboding voice-over that keeps repeating the same 3 or 4 themes over and over.

Der anfang ist das ende. Das ende ist der anfang. Alles ist ein kreis. All right, Noah. I fucking get it.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:42 pm
One of my big issues with the show, especially as it went on and if you binge it at any level, is the foreboding voice-over that keeps repeating the same 3 or 4 themes over and over.

Der anfang ist das ende. Das ende ist der anfang. Alles ist ein kreis. All right, Noah. I fucking get it.
Been binging and have missed this. Maybe because we don't speak a lick of German? Never once has this foreboding voice over crossed my mind. We just finished the last episode of season 2. It's possible you speak German and so it really becomes annoying?

The beginning is the end. The end is the beginning. There are plenty of shows, great ones in fact, that repeat a theme.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:24 pm
Shabazz wrote:

Been binging and have missed this. Maybe because we don't speak a lick of German? Never once has this foreboding voice over crossed my mind. We just finished the last episode of season 2. It's possible you speak German and so it really becomes annoying?

The beginning is the end. The end is the beginning. There are plenty of shows, great ones in fact, that repeat a theme.
I don't speak German. or at least I didn't before the show. Too much voiceover was my point.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:31 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:24 pm
Shabazz wrote:

I don't speak German. or at least I didn't before the show. Too much voiceover was my point.
I hope you didn't like Dexter, House of Cards, How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs. I hated "my dark passenger" bullshit every episode of Dexter. One of the most overrated shows that completely went south after the 4th season with the Trinity Killer.

Edit: I either like this show more than I should or I've invested a lot of brainpower in it and have convinced myself it's great. I'm curious Bone's thoughts as he moves further along.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Just watched Dark S1 E6. Getting really interesting and things are coming to a head.
► Show Spoiler

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:02 am
Just watched Dark S1 E6. Getting really interesting and things are coming to a head.
► Show Spoiler
You're in for a treat!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:04 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Just finished season 3 episode 4. Dammit Indy and Shabazz. It is all over the map. You were right. I'll finish it but I could at least follow and enjoy the first two seasons. I hope it has good closure.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:28 pm
Indy wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Just finished season 3 episode 4. Dammit Indy and Shabazz. It is all over the map. You were right. I'll finish it but I could at least follow and enjoy the first two seasons. I hope it has good closure.
Do we know if the third season is the last?

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Regarding S1, E8 As You Sow, So You Shall Reap:
► Show Spoiler

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

S1, E9
► Show Spoiler

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:12 am
S1, E9
► Show Spoiler
She's a bitch.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:34 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Indy wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Thankfully. ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:26 am
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Indy wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Thankfully. ;)
Sorry. I read last night that there's a season 4 coming in 2023.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:31 am
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Indy wrote:

Thankfully. ;)
Oh, you are right! My bad. When I watched the show that wasn't happening as the creator said it was a 3 season arc. But I am sure with enough money they can fix that. :)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:39 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:31 am
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Thankfully. ;)
Oh, you are right! My bad. When I watched the show that wasn't happening as the creator said it was a 3 season arc. But I am sure with enough money they can fix that. :)
Hopefully they can fix the 4th season from what ailed the 3rd.

"Be Legendary."