Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Indy

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:45 am
Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:39 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:31 am
Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:26 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:34 pm

Do we know if the third season is the last?
Thankfully. ;)
Sorry. I read last night that there's a season 4 coming in 2023.
Oh, you are right! My bad. When I watched the show that wasn't happening as the creator said it was a 3 season arc. But I am sure with enough money they can fix that. :)
Hopefully they can fix the 4th season from what ailed the 3rd.
You'll have to let me know how it goes.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Oh boy, I also thought that they were done. They should have quit while they were behind.

I’m jealous that you’re going through S1, Supe. What a great season of television that was. Even just the original twist
Spoiler: show/hide
blew my mind and I was 1000% in after that.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:57 pm
Oh boy, I also thought that they were done. They should have quit while they were behind.

I’m jealous that you’re going through S1, Supe. What a great season of television that was. Even just the original twist
Spoiler: show/hide
blew my mind and I was 1000% in after that.
same!

It is like this writer/creator had an awesome nugget and built a really good story around it. Then, once he played his card, there wasn't much left and he just kept trying to up himself (unsuccessfully). Kind of like GOT when they ran out of source material.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:17 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:12 am
S1, E9
► Show Spoiler
She's a bitch.
► Show Spoiler
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

S1, E10
► Show Spoiler

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

S2, E1
► Show Spoiler

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That was quite shocking when I watched my recording.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Thank God. My wife and I dragged ourselves to the finish line of Dark. Season 1, some of the best TV I've seen. Season 2, nuts but enjoyable. Season 3, up until the last 2 episodes, can go fuck itself. So much useless confusing filler.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:57 pm
Thank God. My wife and I dragged ourselves to the finish line of Dark. Season 1, some of the best TV I've seen. Season 2, nuts but enjoyable. Season 3, up until the last 2 episodes, can go fuck itself. So much useless confusing filler.
Yup. Severance next?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Have any of you watched Winning Time?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:42 am
Not yet. Maybe after Dark.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:42 am
I watched the first one last night. Not bad. Entertaining. Very Adam McKay-ish.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Full disclosure. When I grew up in small town ND, the Lakers were my favorite team from that first season. I didn't know all the details of what happened, so this has been entertaining to me. Magic was my favorite player in those early yrs. For the longest time, I didn't even know there was a Phoenix Suns team, and it was the Lakers vs. Celtics every yr. I loved the speed of the Showtime Lakers.

When my family moved to Phx when I was a freshman, and I went to my first Suns game, which was a game vs. the Blazers, I was hooked.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:34 pm
Full disclosure. When I grew up in small town ND, the Lakers were my favorite team from that first season. I didn't know all the details of what happened, so this has been entertaining to me. Magic was my favorite player in those early yrs. For the longest time, I didn't even know there was a Phoenix Suns team, and it was the Lakers vs. Celtics every yr. I loved the speed of the Showtime Lakers.

When my family moved to Phx when I was a freshman, and I went to my first Suns game, which was a game vs. the Blazers, I was hooked.
DISOWNED!

:P

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:46 pm
In2ition wrote:

DISOWNED!

Does it help that I'm a Laker hater and troll of Laker fans on twitter now? How about that I flog myself every night as penance?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:21 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

DISOWNED!

Does it help that I'm a Laker hater and troll of Laker fans on twitter now? How about that I flog myself every night as penance?
Yes, very much so. The latter isn't necessary as long as you keep up the former.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:34 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:21 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

DISOWNED!

Yes, very much so. The latter isn't necessary as long as you keep up the former.
:lol:

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I posted about Winning Time 2.5 weeks ago. I think it's great but I haven't gotten around to watching the most recent episode yet.
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:33 pm
Could be taboo around these parts, but I don't care. The first episode of Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty is really good. John C. Reilly knocks it out of the park as Dr. Buss and Jason Clarke is hilarious as Jerry West.

It took me a few days to get around to watching it after downloading it because I was worried it would essentially be Lakers propaganda, but it's not overtly so far and it has some genuinely funny scenes for people knowledgeable about the NBA and it's history.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:48 pm
I posted about Winning Time 2.5 weeks ago. I think it's great but I haven't gotten around to watching the most recent episode yet.
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:33 pm
Could be taboo around these parts, but I don't care. The first episode of Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty is really good. John C. Reilly knocks it out of the park as Dr. Buss and Jason Clarke is hilarious as Jerry West.

It took me a few days to get around to watching it after downloading it because I was worried it would essentially be Lakers propaganda, but it's not overtly so far and it has some genuinely funny scenes for people knowledgeable about the NBA and it's history.
Good call