Need help.

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
carey

Need help.

Post by carey »

I've been around the board for a while to know that most of you are not religious in any way. Some of you even have a rather large disdain for it. So I'm asking this of the few on the board that may have faith of any kind... if you could say a few prayers for my son Matthew I would appreciate it. He's been struggling with his health for the last few months. He had some tests today and will have some more tomorrow. They are thinking it could be CF which is no joke. I'm not some troglodyte that thinks God can wave his/her hand and cure him from above but putting some positive energy out in the universe for him can't hurt.

I'll try and keep up with the posts as best that I can.

Thanks,
-C.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Re: Need help.

Post by TOO »

Done.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

My prayers are with Matthew and you and your family.
"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Hoping the best of possible outcomes for your son and your family. Pax vobiscum.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Hey Carey,

I have a friend with a pretty bad case of CF - if you ever wanna/need to talk, feel free to PM me.

My own situation with cerebral palsy has probably made me religious by default, so no worries; definitely sending prayers for you, Matthew, and your family.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I'm not religious but, I'm sending your family my positive thoughts and well wishes anyway.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Wishing you guys the best.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Sending you my best man.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:I'm not religious but, I'm sending your family my positive thoughts and well wishes anyway.
same here carey

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I may not share your beliefs, but I still think you are a good guy and I think everyone here agrees with me on that. Of course I wish the best for you and your son. I don't have kids and cannot begin to imagine the pain that seeing your son going through this would cause. So, just know that regardless of faith, you have a bunch of jerks on the internet who are really looking forward to hearing a good update to this story. And we are all thinking of you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Well said, Andy, er... Ghost. Seriously, keep us posted, carey. We're thinking of you and Matthew.
"Be Legendary."

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

feel for you carey, thoughts are with you and your family.
~~~~~

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't check the General thread very often, so I just saw this. Sorry to hear about your son's health news, carey. Sending my thoughts and prayers to you, my friend. Please keep us posted and I hope for a speedy recovery.

carey

Post by carey »

Still nothing. Blood panels came back fine. We have the CF test a week from Monday.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:Still nothing. Blood panels came back fine. We have the CF test a week from Monday.
Stupid question maybe, but why so long for the test?

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
carey wrote:Still nothing. Blood panels came back fine. We have the CF test a week from Monday.
Stupid question maybe, but why so long for the test?
That was the first opening available. :( The sweat test is kind of a specialized thing. I just couldn't get in.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Got it. I really had no idea the need for, or scarcity of, that test was so high.

Again, my thoughts are with you.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:Got it. I really had no idea the need for, or scarcity of, that test was so high.

Again, my thoughts are with you.
It could be just via his doctor's office & insurance? I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure it is a CYA thing. He is a bit too old for it.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

pickle

Post by pickle »

I, too, haven't checked the general board in a while. I'm sorry to hear about the pain you are going through carey. Hope everything turn out okay.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Wish all the best for you and your family Carey. So sorry to not have checked anything but the bball board for a while.