Game of Thrones: Season 6 (Current)

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Indy

Re: Game of Thrones: Season 6 (Current)

Post by Indy »

My memory is fading with all the crazy stuff going on around me right now, but wasn't the Mountain poisoned? How did he not die?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Indy wrote:My memory is fading with all the crazy stuff going on around me right now, but wasn't the Mountain poisoned? How did he not die?

I think he did die and Qyburn made him a Zombie somehow. That's why he they call him Ser Robert Strong.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wally_West wrote:
Indy wrote:My memory is fading with all the crazy stuff going on around me right now, but wasn't the Mountain poisoned? How did he not die?

I think he did die and Qyburn made him a Zombie somehow. That's why he they call him Ser Robert Strong.
I couldn't remember that guy's name. That helps. I did a quick search and found a screen shot that jogged my memory of the scene.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I'm a little lost with the whole Blackfish and prisoner Edmure Tully stuff. Anyone care to break it down?
The Tullys are Catelyn Stark's family. She was Catelyn Tully before marriage. They come from a region called the Riverlands, in a castle in that region named Riverrun. See below under the Tully fish area:

Edmure Tully is Catelyn/Lysa's younger brother, Robb's uncle. He is kind of a bumbler who means well but messed up a few battles trying to help Robb out in Season 2-3. He got married to one of Walder Frey's daughters at the Red Wedding, where Robb and Catelyn and many Stark men were murdered. Edmure himself was not killed but instead kept as a prisoner. (For reference on the map, the Freys hold a castle called The Twins, which is actually a pair of castles with a bridge between them that goes over a river. It is pictured in the top/left part of the light blue Arryn area.)

Brynden "Blackfish" Tully is Catelyn's uncle. He was a highly decorated and well known battle commander. Jaime Lannister for example really looked up to him. He's kind of a badass. He was also at the Red Wedding, but he happened to leave the castle to take a piss or something right before the shit went down, so he luckily was able to get away. He ran back to Riverrun and has been holed up there since.

Though Robb was defeated, Blackfish has been holding Riverrun and still flies the Stark flag banners to indicate that he doesn't surrender/yield to the Lannisters or the crown. The Freys from the Red Wedding have an army of their own and have been surrounding Riverrun for a while in a siege. (A siege is where you surround a castle or city and try to cut off its lines of supply and starve them out until they surrender, rather than just attacking the castle where you would have a huge terrain disadvantage.)

Jaime arrives at the siege and sees that the Freys have brought Edmure to just outside Riverrun, holding him up on a hanging gallows and threatening to kill him if Blackfish doesn't surrender the castle. Blackfish doesn't surrender, probably because he knows Edmure will likely die anyway or that it's just an idle threat. Jaime takes over the siege and asks to parlay (speak peacefully) with Blackfish. The basic outcome is that Jaime threatens to attack the castle and kill everybody, and Blackfish says he won't surrender and is disappointed in Jaime. That's what we've seen so far.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Well done, Marty. Well done.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I'm guessing we find out Arya is a cat next episode? Multiple stabbings, jumping 300 feet into stone steps while outrunning her attacker. While in her incapacitated state with the lights off, finally finishing off her attacker.

9 lives she has, apparently.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

So no Cleganebowl?!? :evil:

Can't wait for next week's episode!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Pretty bummed out about the Arya plot. She got stabbed multiple times and then fell into presumably dirty water. Should have died. That sort of stabbing/puncture wound has killed many other characters, from King Robert, to Robb and his wife, to Jon Snow. Why did she survive?? And what is the point of her story now? Jaqen says she became "no one." No, she didn't. Being no one was about letting go of your identity and who you are. Arya visibly did not do that. The past 2 years for her character feel like a total waste.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Agree. Her storyline disinterests me. I'm usually surfing Reddit on my phone or catching up on Twitter when she comes on. How she survived everything, including a 60ft plunge into stone stairs, only to finally defeat her enemy?

Indy

Post by Indy »

So you guys are cool with reincarnation multiple times in this show, but not not dying after a stabbing. Got it!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I see your point and you're correct Indy. I think it just adds to the fact that her story line has been boring ever since she departed The Hound. They had great chemistry and played perfectly off of each other. The whole "has no name" "faceless" cult she's been hanging with has a boring story line, no drama, a dull setting with little variety and two characters I can do without watching ever again (that Highlander looking guy annoys the hell out of me).

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:So you guys are cool with reincarnation multiple times in this show, but not not dying after a stabbing. Got it!
I just want more consistency, and for storylines to mean something. I don't like all the resurrection stuff, but at least if people get stabbed multiple times and the knife twisted into them, let them bleed out and die. Or don't write a scene like that if the character is meant to sleep it off in a day or two and be fine afterward with no consequences.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

And the Highlander dude always has those rapist eyes. Like he's waiting for the date rape to kick in during a conversation.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Nice!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

That was a brutal battle. RIP Wun Wun.

Indy

Post by Indy »

So do they wrap up the season with Cersei burning King's Landing with all that napalm stashed around?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:So do they wrap up the season with Cersei burning King's Landing with all that napalm stashed around?
If that's what indeed happens, I doubt they'll complete that entire event in one episode. They'll probably find some way to tease it out until the next season, leaving enough speculation as to whether it will or won't happen.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Outstanding episode. The battle between the Starks and the Boltons was epic. The Dragons finally made their appearance. Btw, somebody will have to mount the other two. Tyrion freed them so maybe he'll get to ride one. Would be cool.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Tyrion and Jon Snow will mount the other two dragons. Book it.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Bran could always warg into a Dragon.