Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Split T

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Split T »

Should we post on the main board to see if anyone on the board is interested?

Indy

Post by Indy »

you should

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I suppose it's worth a shot even though I imagine this is the quietest time of the year here.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:55 pm
I suppose it's worth a shot even though I imagine this is the quietest time of the year here.
Yes that’s true, maybe wait until a big move is announced, haha…I’m also cool with just adding pickle’s friend

pickle

Post by pickle »

Also, I would personally vote against resetting. In my other dynasty league, I've had turnover in the managers ranks literally every year until this year... if we keep resetting, we might as well go back to a re-draft league, imho.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Heads up, I've made a post on r/Suns soliciting some new members.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

Might have to change back to 10 teams with the old rules no keeper.

Split T

Post by Split T »

So do we have a plan for the league yet?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I've been trying to recruit people but they eventually flake out at some stage between agreeing to take over a team and accepting the league format/rules.

It seems our best option will be to revert to a standard re-draft league. Maybe some of us could migrate to a broader platform specific to fantasy basketball if we want to have a more viable keeper league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I personally prefer to open it up to a broader audience but to keep the keeper format. Dunno what the rest of the league thinks. I can try to recruit some other non suns fans if we are open to that.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I'm more for keeping it in the family, unless we can figure out a way to do a .net vs realGm kind of thing.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm somewhere in the middle. I want to keep it going, but it feels like we'll be dealing with the same kind of manager turnover every summer because we don't have enough participants from here.

OTOH, a standard re-draft league could attract some people here to join and we could likely have a 12-team league again.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:38 am
I'm more for keeping it in the family, unless we can figure out a way to do a .net vs realGm kind of thing.
I like this idea. I don't really partake in any other Suns communities besides a little lurking on r/Suns, but it would be fun to base a league around this idea of two fan sites competing.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Sorry to throw a further spanner in the works but I'm not sure if I can properly commit to a league of this high standard this year. Work, family stuff is pretty full on at the moment - I'd like to pick up again after a year off but don't think I can do it properly this season. If it's the difference between the league going ahead or not, I'll go again - but can't commit to being as engaged as previous seasons.

pickle

Post by pickle »

So ... do we have a clear next direction? If we are going to try to make 12, we'll need to start recruiting as the season starts in about a week...

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I've been maneuvering for 2 years to build up my team for this season based on dynasty rules so it would be great if we could continue with the dynasty rules. Obviously understand that it's a little tougher for everyone to stay invested long term.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm making the decision to go back to standard re-draft league. We just don't have enough members here to guarantee interest and continuity in this format. I want to believe everyone involved in the league was building their team with the future in mind at least if just a little bit. I know I was by holding an often injured Kevin Durant for the past two seasons.

I think it would be good to make a post in the Suns section about it because we'll need to fill at least 2 open spots for a 12 team league. I've removed one manager I invited last season who informed me he wouldn't want to participate this season. I also removed BookTheGoat because he was essentially inactive all of last season and I haven't see him post on this site in a long time.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The draft is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, October 17th at 2:00pm PST.

That is around the same time and day we conducted the draft last season, but I'm all for whatever works best to get the most members to participate.

pickle

Post by pickle »

All good. Would be really great if we can push that draft time back by a couple of hours for time zone considerations.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’ll be working during that draft time, but I understand Sunday is probably the best day. But Sundays are usually slower days so I may be able to follow along and make my picks anyways.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I have another draft Sunday night at 8:45PM EST.
Last edited by ShelC on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.