Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Our league has been renewed on Yahoo. I advise anyone with roster or league standing questions to go to the league page, change the season to 2019-2020 and select the rosters or draft results tab.

Offseason Timeline

By December 4th: Announce Keeper Players
By December 11th: Select Draft Position
December 18-21 (TBD): Draft

Keeper Rules:
  • 1st round picks from the previous draft are not eligible to be kept.
  • Managers may select a maximum of two keeper players.
  • Keeper players consume the 2020 draft pick of their 2019 round minus one. For example, Luka Doncic was drafted in the 2019 second round, so he would consume a 2020 first round pick if he's selected as a keeper player by his manager.
  • 2019 undrafted players selected as a 2020 keeper player will consume a 7th round pick in the 2020 draft.

Draft Position Selection:

The draft order will be created by managers selecting their position based on the 2019 final standings with the priority going to the higher ranked teams. This is a one time solution and will not be implemented for the 2021 draft.

Please announce your desired draft position as quickly as possible after every manager has declared their keeper players.

2019 Final Standings
  1. SplitT
  • Team Island Vybez
  • Shabazz
  • Flagrant Fowl
  • BookTheGoat
  • Huskies
  • Platapus Beaks
  • Andrew Gaze AllStars
  • Dolemite
  • Maldo
  • Superbone's Suns
  • Project Mayhem
It's important to consider your desired keeper players when making a draft position selection. I will use SplitT as an example since he will have the first choice of draft position and I believe he has some desirable keepers at early round positions.

In the first three rounds of the 2019 draft SplitT selected 1. Nikola Jokic, 2. Trae Young, and 3. Zion Williamson. Jokic is not eligible to be kept per the no first round keepers rule, so Trae and/or Zion are likely to be his keeper selections. If he choses to keep Trae Young (and another non-Zion player), Trae will consume his 2020 first round selection. So it would benefit him to select the 12th draft position because he would then pick 1st in the subsequent round (13th overall) from the pool of non-keeper players.

If SplitT decides to keep both Trae Young and Zion Williamson, his better strategy is to select the 1st draft position because Trae Young would consume the 1st round pick and Zion would consume his 2nd round pick (24th overall). This strategy would allow him to select the 1st pick in the subsequent round (25th overall) from the pool of non-keeper players.

Draft Time & Date:

Pre-season games will be concluded on December 19th and the regular season will tip-off on December 22nd. We'll conduct the draft sometime during that window at a time and date that is most convenient for as many managers as possible.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:02 pm
pickle wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:04 pm
Can we reset the keepers? Since we didn't really have a playoffs...
That's a negative.

I'd prefer to not change anything from last season because we didn't get to finish it, but I'm open to ideas if the majority of owners want something changed.
I'm confused. So do we get to vote on this proposed change or are you vetoing it as commissioner? I'm proposing that we don't reset the rules, but reset the keepers. The teams that finished higher last year did so because they nabbed quality players at later rounds, so they are already rewarded with keepers. To let those managers draft early would doubly incentivize them for this year and make the league far less competitive for the others. I think it's fair to reward regular season finish with top seeding, but I do feel that the keeper situation needs to be addressed, and I'd like to see it go to vote if possible. FWIW, the two other dynasty leagues I'm in, one is resetting keepers and the other is rolling back to the start of 2019 season.

Ultimately I'll go with whatever is the league's final decision, but I feel these factors should be taken into consideration.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Sorry for not being clear.

Resetting the keepers is off the table. Executive order by the commissioner.

Other league rule changes are on the table if supported by a majority of managers.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:53 pm
The teams that finished higher last year did so because they nabbed quality players at later rounds, so they are already rewarded with keepers. To let those managers draft early would doubly incentivize them for this year and make the league far less competitive for the others.
I disagree with this. SplitT, who won the league, had his first two draft picks finish in the top 10 in overall player rankings.

pickle

Post by pickle »

It's a bit of a moot point, since you made an executive order, so I'm not going to argue it any further.

Maybe more pertinent point is, where can I see my roster... now that the league has been renewed, my roster is totally empty and the draft tab shows nothing.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:17 pm
It's a bit of a moot point, since you made an executive order, so I'm not going to argue it any further.

Maybe more pertinent point is, where can I see my roster... now that the league has been renewed, my roster is totally empty and the draft tab shows nothing.
Go to the league page and you'll see a small drop down tab under the league name where you can change the season to 2019.

I also selected to import the 2019 rosters to 2020, so you should be seeing your previous roster on the 2020 page. Not sure why you might not be able to see that.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

Who, what, when, where, and why? Can we just make this simple for us civilians who don't understand? This sounds like the side effects of a drug on commercials.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

Can't we just keep 2 players from last year and pick in the reverse order of who won rather than the Dominion Drafting System? We're going to need Sidney Powell to look over our teams and individually explain our options the way it's currently set up lol.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Is it really that complicated?

The point of a keeper league is to incentivize long term planning. Just picking 2 players and doing a reverse order snake draft is about a 0.5% different from a snake redraft league.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

I'm just giving you shit UO. Check my team out and tell me what my options are if you could bro.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

So with all the trades made I forgot what pick I can keep.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

You can keep any two players on your roster right now.

If you're keeping a player that was traded to you, look at the draft results page and find their draft round. The same "round minus one" rule applies to that player.

If you want to keep a player that was added via free agency, that player will take the place of a 7th round pick.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

Thanks UO, I got it now.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

OK, my turn. I can't keep Irving can I?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:06 pm
Correct. He was selected in the 1st round (12th overall).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:27 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:06 pm
Correct. He was selected in the 1st round (12th overall).
But lucky me, I can have Thompson whose career was just ruined. Yay!

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I took a look at your squad and I think Murray and Herro probably have the most keeper value now that Klay is in question, but we'll know about Klay's health soon enough for that to change.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:33 pm
I took a look at your squad and I think Murray and Herro probably have the most keeper value now that Klay is in question, but we'll know about Klay's health soon enough for that to change.
Thanks for taking a look, FF.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

No worries.

I'm glad to help anyone with questions or to help clarify better options on draft order or keepers.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

What about players drafted in the same round on my team?