Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Gladiator

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Gladiator »

Congrats on the win ‘Bazz and good luck in the final. We made life somewhat interesting early in the week but the longer the week went, the further you got in front.
It was a bit of a what-if year for us. Everyone gets injuries but losing our best three centres in Embiid, Towns and Sengum proved a bridge too far.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

pickle wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:14 am
Not sure how I squeaked it out last week, but I’m here to congratulate you on your eventual championship ‘Bazz. Just looking at your lineup and I have no chance.
We’ll see. My team has had plenty of off weeks and AD is questionable.

Good luck!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm done! Nice solid, consistent quick drop from 1st to 5th spurred on by FF's curse.
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

It’s a year of attrition. I’ve been playing fantasy for a few years now and this year feels like all the major injuries hit at the end of the year. I wonder how much of it has to do with the 65 game rule …

pickle

Post by pickle »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:57 am
Huge rematch of last year's championship round coming up this week. The stakes are a 7th place finish. :?

The ironic thing is that I still like my team, just too many injuries to start and finish the season.
I have Dame in another league, it’s a dynasty league where I traded SGA for him last year coz I was tired of OKC’s blatant tanking. This has been a tough one to swallow.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Looks like you got this, Slim Reader. Congrats.

And a pox on you, SplitT for making pickups for the 7th place game. For shame.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:26 pm
I wasn't going to call it out because I'm his opponent, but I agree. I hadn't made a single roster move once it was clear I wouldn't make the playoffs.

Of course that was never directly discussed here, so I can't expect anyone to follow an unwritten rule.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Congratulations to Pickle for becoming the latest league champion. Well done to win the league with the 12th draft pick.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:52 pm
Shabazz wrote:
I wasn't going to call it out because I'm his opponent, but I agree. I hadn't made a single roster move once it was clear I wouldn't make the playoffs.

Of course that was never directly discussed here, so I can't expect anyone to follow an unwritten rule.
Huh? Don’t have a consolation bracket then. If I’m still playing I don’t see why I can’t keep playing.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:57 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

Huh? Don’t have a consolation bracket then. If I’m still playing I don’t see why I can’t keep playing.
It's fine to have that opinion. I just think of it's a courtesy to the teams trying to win the league to not take free agents.

I'll still set my lineup, but I'm not going to care about finishing in 7th place.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Fair enough…I think you just don’t have a consolation bracket then or lock the teams. First I’ve ever heard this unwritten rule. I’ll happily oblige in the future if that’s the expectation.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Don't sweat it. No one is losing money or anything. I was just sharing my opinion. As I said, it was never openly discussed and the consolation bracket is usually filled with managers who've stopped participating so I can't remember it being significant in the past.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think a bigger issue going forward is this dumb snake draft we keep doing.

Can we please change to an auction? Anyone scared of it will have 6 months to prepare.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m happy to switch to auction. Never done it but I’d love to try it

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:10 pm
I think a bigger issue going forward is this dumb snake draft we keep doing.

Can we please change to an auction? Anyone scared of it will have 6 months to prepare.
You're the boss, man!
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Auction is 500x better. It’s totally fair (no randomness involved in getting Jokic) and requires actually strategy in the draft. Snake draft is for kids.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

I’m mostly busting balls because this is all for fun, but in the leagues I do for money it’s definitely an enforced unwritten rule.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:45 pm
Split T wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

I’m mostly busting balls because this is all for fun, but in the leagues I do for money it’s definitely an enforced unwritten rule.
I get that…and I’m happy to oblige next year…I’ve never played in any other fantasy basketball league except this one

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:00 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:45 pm
Split T wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

I get that…and I’m happy to oblige next year…I’ve never played in any other fantasy basketball league except this one
All good. It’s not at all why I lost.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Thanks, I didn’t think I had a chance at the start of the matchup, but multiple injuries derailed ‘bazz. Just lucky breaks with general health which I’ve felt is the real key to fantasy, not any actual prowess on my part.

I’m all in for auction next year!