Westworld

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Wally_West

Re: Westworld

Post by Wally_West »

Do we still need spoiler tags to talk about the fan theories? Because they aren't theories anymore but straight up motherfucking facts.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Man, what an episode! All kinds of things being revealed.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

So Ford had Delores kill Arnold, then Ford recreated "Arnold" via Bernard, and finally had Bernard kill himself?

Am I missing anything?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wally_West wrote:Do we still need spoiler tags to talk about the fan theories? Because they aren't theories anymore but straight up motherfucking facts.
No spoiler tags for anything that has aired, including all of Episode 9 from last night. I'd still use spoiler tags for any theories that are not yet 100% proven in the show, such as:
Spoiler: show/hide

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:Man, what an episode! All kinds of things being revealed.
Episode 9 was awesome. Reddit had a party; they got a lot of the big twists exactly right. Loved the Bernard/Arnold reveal. My favorite moments of the season so far, though, have been:

- End of episode 7, confrontation between Ford, Bernard, and Theresa
- Near-end of episode 1, the threatening meltdown of Peter Abernathy talking to Ford and Bernard and quoting Shakespeare

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Finale tonight! I hear it's 90 minutes long. Can't wait. Any predictions?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Whoa. What a finale! A lot to digest.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It was great. My only complaint is that if you see the finale and then rewatch past episodes, a lot of Ford's actions don't really make sense. Why does he murder his own assistant, Bernard, if he's just planning what he was planning? Why is he such a dick in episodes 1-9 only to be on the side of the robot resistence in episode 10? I think that part is a bit sloppy. But it was a gripping 90 minutes of television. Wow.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I was a bit behind. I started watching the show after episode 9 aired so I spent a week, essentially, binge watching in the evening until the finale. I had similar feelings about Ford's actions due to the fresh nature of some of the previous episodes. Also, how do they have a state of the art facility, in the future, with no sort of surveillance? When the young lab tech was going to go in the other room, lube up and have anal sex with Hector, in a room with glass walls next to his colleague? Right. Nobody will see that. And since there aren't ANY surveillance cameras anywhere, nobody will ever know.

It was just beyond absurd seeing Maeve frequently walking through the facility where all of the dividers are transparent between rooms and nobody raised a brow or questioned what was going on that was working in the facility. Towards the end when Maeve, Armistice and Hector were free to walk through the various floors of the facility with P90 submachine guns with 8 - 10 SWAT members pursuing them while all of the other scientists / workers were in glass rooms training the AI without noticing? There were so many moments that were hard to fathom that it pulled me out of the narrative regularly. You can't even leave a Best Buy without your valid purchase beeping when you walk through the doors. The AI were free to roam anywhere and exit on a subway train without anyone noticing and thinking, "hey, she looks just like Maeve on the giant advertisement displays!" or a tracking device thwarting her. I guess that, essentially, Maeve was always going to return to the HQ, as she seemed to at the end of the episode to fall back in line with the other AI so maybe that component that was hurting believability was for nought.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

After the first season I've settled on it being a good, not great, show. Too many plot holes and general, oh yeah, right, fuckery for me to fully invest.

It's a bit weird, though. Compare WW to GoT, and I am fine with GoT going off the rails because its based on a fantasy novel. Something about WW, maybe the illusion of realism, makes me hold the writing to a higher standard than GoT
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

That aspect to the show where I could see this being a possibility in the future is what grabs my interest so it really does bother me too when some of the inconsistencies are so obvious. I couldn't get into GOT because I don't like fantasy unless it's believable

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Are they for sure making more seasons? They could have ended it right there.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

2018, at the earliest.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:2018, at the earliest.
Interesting. Thanks for the info.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

'Westworld' Season 2 Air Date, News, Spoilers & Update: Who's Coming Back? More Details Here!
http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/8503 ... s-here.htm
The season finale of the much talked about "Westworld" has ended with a bang. The HBO drama series was a success with the debut of its first season given the high ratings and a lot of followers online. The good news for its fans, the sequel is already underway.
Just this Monday, "Westworld" hit creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy shared their thoughts about the first season. In an interview with The New York Times, both confirmed that the season 2's release date is not likely before 2018. Two years is already a long time to plan the next steps for Dolores (played by Evan Rachel Wood) and another host Robert Ford (played by Anthony Hopkins) given the most exciting season finale.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

No problem Bone!