NBA 2K18 / NBA Live 18

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Mori Chu

Re: NBA 2K18 / NBA Live 18

Post by Mori Chu »

Those graphics look great, but I don't like how realistic the games have become. I want a fun relaxing hoops video game that isn't too realistic and doesn't try to fully create the real NBA game. Give me something more like NBA Jam, or at least more like '90s hoops games like NBA Live '95.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Those graphics look great, but I don't like how realistic the games have become. I want a fun relaxing hoops video game that isn't too realistic and doesn't try to fully create the real NBA game. Give me something more like NBA Jam, or at least more like '90s hoops games like NBA Live '95.
Sounds like you just don't like simulation basketball games. There's nothing wrong with that but just stick to arcade basketball games. However, there is still some fun to be had with NBA 2K18 and NBA Live 18. There are many sliders that allow you to adjust the gameplay to your liking. They both also have career modes where you just concentrate on your player and are a lot of fun. Finally, they both have street games which are more like arcade basketball.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I was going to post something similar, but much more indy-like. I was going to say: Then just play NBA jam.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I really enjoy simulation basketball now that they've managed to put in so much detail with offensive and defensive schemes. I'd love to start an online league with some people, but I don't really know anyone on XBOX who's committed to sticking with it for several months.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So I played a home game against the Blazers tonight in NBA 2K18 and we had an interesting starting lineup:

PG: Bledsoe
SG: Booker
SF: Warren
PF: Jackson
C: Chriss

Probably not what we'll roll with but I found it interesting.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yeah, I noticed that today.

I've been sticking to MyCareer and waiting for an opening night roster update to start MyGM with the Suns.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I simulated a full season and we went 25-57. Booker averaged 18/3/3, bled was 18/6/4, Jackson was 9/6/2 but shot 40% from 3.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:Jackson was 9/6/2 but shot 40% from 3.
:lol:

Reminds me of 2K17 when I had Bender averaging 20/10 on like 65%. I don't think they'll be as generous with his attributes this year.