Dbacks 2018

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
carey

Re: Dbacks 2018

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:Who would have thought with Souza and lamb hurt and Goldy, Ray, and greinke really struggling that we'd be 10-3 right now. I would have guessed 3-10, if we can get those guys going, we can be pretty dangerous
Yeah, and Bradley looked like a mere mortal last night as well.

Still, best start in a decade. I hope we can continue to play well but some regression to the mean will likely happen unless we get our stars going.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Bradley had to be shook up. There was an old man, directly behind home plate, about 6 rows up, that was dying. There was a growd of gasping people. Paramedics. They eventually started working on him on the ground beneath his seat, the got him up onto a stretcher whole he was unconscious. That lasted an entire inning right in the backdrop of Bradley pitching. One of the more bizzare things I've watched during a game. Very concerning and I hope the old guy is okay.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Post by carey »

AmareIsGod wrote:Bradley had to be shook up. There was an old man, directly behind home plate, about 6 rows up, that was dying. There was a growd of gasping people. Paramedics. They eventually started working on him on the ground beneath his seat, the got him up onto a stretcher whole he was unconscious. That lasted an entire inning right in the backdrop of Bradley pitching. One of the more bizzare things I've watched during a game. Very concerning and I hope the old guy is okay.
Holy shit. I didn't see that. What on earth happened? Heart attack?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

carey wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:Bradley had to be shook up. There was an old man, directly behind home plate, about 6 rows up, that was dying. There was a growd of gasping people. Paramedics. They eventually started working on him on the ground beneath his seat, the got him up onto a stretcher whole he was unconscious. That lasted an entire inning right in the backdrop of Bradley pitching. One of the more bizzare things I've watched during a game. Very concerning and I hope the old guy is okay.
Holy s***. I didn't see that. What on earth happened? Heart attack?
Maybe. It definitely affected Archie's pitching. No way it couldn't have.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Post by carey »

Tai Walker exiting tonight after the 2nd inning with forearm tightness. That is never good.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Also, didn't get to watch the game tonight. I was watching the NBA playoffs. But Avila cost his teammate a homerun because he was passed on the base path. That's an obscure rule I've never seen before.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Dbacks have won their first five series, two of which involved the Dogs.
Four of the five series involved division rivals.

April has been kind to the Snakes, so far. Keep it rollin'
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

carey

Post by carey »

Masterful performance by Corbin tonight. Must have been frustrating to lose a no-hitter in the 8th due to a stupid, stupid shift but he came out in the 9th, struck out 2 & got a fly ball out for the complete game. Really impressive. Did it in 100 pitches and was still throwing 94 at the end with his slider looking filthy af.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Great game. Corbin is really coming into his own. It's going to be really hard to keep him.

Crushing for the season to hear Tajuan is probably out for the year.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

That same shift kept the perfect game in place in the 3rd when Descalso was able to range, dive and make the throw on time. Law of averages says a team that uses the shift successfully sees it work 70%+ of the time. It happens. It was a check swing that dribbled to 3rd base. Great game.

carey

Post by carey »

specialsauce wrote:Great game. Corbin is really coming into his own. It's going to be really hard to keep him.

Crushing for the season to hear Tajuan is probably out for the year.
Maybe longer. Has to have Tommy John. :(
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Fuck

carey

Post by carey »

Avila was hot garbage last night.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Avila is off to what I what I would politely term as a "slow" start. John Ryan Murphy, on the other hand, seems to be a find.
Besides having the potential for being a good defensive catcher, he has been hitting well.

Walker's situation means they will get another look at Braden Shipley, who's started well with Reno.
He probably will tag team with Matt Koch to fill Walker's starting slot, at least for the interim.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

7 series wins in a row to start the season. Best record in the NL. First team since the Giants in 2003 to start a seson with 7 series wins in a row. 15 years. This team is something special and missing some key players.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

So refreshing to have a good sports team in town

carey

Post by carey »

If we win tomorrow with Corbin on the bump (or Sunday) then we tie the MLB record for opening the season with consecutive series wins at 9. Then it gets a tad tougher with a 4 game home set against the L.A. Douches because I think you have to win 3 of 4.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

jonh

Post by jonh »

What a crazy start to the season. Go Dbacks!

When does Shelby Miller come back? Hes got to be pretty close now.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

jonh wrote:What a crazy start to the season. Go Dbacks!

When does Shelby Miller come back? Hes got to be pretty close now.
Awesome start. Koch has been great in his two starts, hopefully he can keep it up. Man, if Greinke could just get his shit together it’d be great.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Just imagine if we didn’t have Greinke and Tomas’s contracts. The last regime really messed those two up.