Tech That Is New

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Nodack

Re: Latest Military Hardware

Post by Nodack »

Given that Tesla fires employees for marijuana usage, shouldn't Tesla have immediately fired Elon Musk for publicly smoking marijuana and for which there is a video on YouTube of Musk doing so, whilst being interviewed on the Joe Rogan show?
https://www.quora.com/Given-that-Tesla- ... nterviewed

Indy

Post by Indy »

that is just the tip of the iceberg. I am guessing it is hard to find any reasonable people that are billionaires, but one that grew up benefiting from apartheid probably isn't the most stable foundation.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Raising the steaks: First 3D-printed rib-eye is unveiled
https://www.chron.com/business/article/ ... 936002.php
During the coronavirus pandemic, alternative protein products have soared in popularity, prompting nearly every multinational food corporation to hasten to bring its own versions to market. Frequently plant-based products have been patties or processed nuggets - "everyday" foods easier for companies to produce - that aim to ease the climate effects of the worst offender: Americans eat nearly 50 billion burgers a year, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Aleph Farms' new 3D bioprinting technology- which uses living animal cells as opposed to plant-based alternatives - allows for premium whole-muscle cuts to come to market, broadening the scope of alt-meat in what is expected to be a rich area of expansion for food companies. A survey of more than 1,000 U.S. adults, conducted by MRS research company for agriculture company Proagrica, showed that 39% of American consumers have considered going vegetarian or vegan since the pandemic began. Health concerns, climate change and animal welfare are drivers.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Getting closer to printing pizzas!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

We should get smart about this. Edible rib eye paper. Read the news paper and then eat it. Todays flavored USA Today is Pizza or Rib Eye. Homeless people never go hungry again. 😎

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

See, even our troops get get fed better. Rib eyes out in the field. Just have to carry your own seasoning on you.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have a small annoying issue. If I click on a tab for new posts it automatically takes me to the latest post...and then it always jumps up a few posts and I have to navigate my way to the latest.

Indy

Post by Indy »

what browser and OS?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Safari iOS iPad

Indy

Post by Indy »

I will try it out later today... I think I have to charge my ipad.

Indy

Post by Indy »

And I assume it is the latest iOS?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Yes.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I thought this should be put here. I still say that they have this stuff and the things you don't know about makes the 'cutting edge' tech that you do know about look antique.

U.S. Navy Has Patents on Tech It Says Will ‘Engineer the Fabric of Reality’
The U.S. Navy's “UFO patents” sound like they've been ripped from a science fiction novel.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/4adpv9/ ... of-reality

By Matthew Gault
February 3, 2021, 10:46am

The U.S. Navy has patents on weird and little understood technology. According to patents filed by the Navy, it is working on a compact fusion reactor that could power cities, an engine that works using “inertial mass reduction,” and a “hybrid aerospace-underwater craft.” Dubbed the “UFO patents, The War Zone has reported that the Navy had to build prototypes of some of the outlandish tech to prove it worked.

Dr. Salvatore Cezar Pais is the man behind the patents and The War Zone has proven the man exists, at least on paper. Pais has worked for a number of different departments in the Navy, including the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAVAIR/NAWCAD) and the Strategic Systems Programs. (SSP) The SSP mission, according to its website, is to “provide credible and affordable strategic solutions to the warfighter.” It’s responsible for developing the technology behind the Trident class nuclear missiles launched from Submarines.

The patents all build on each other, but at their core is something Pais called the “Pais Effect.” This is the idea that, “controlled motion of electrically charged matter via accelerated vibration and/or accelerated spin subjected to smooth yet rapid acceleration transients, in order to generate extremely high energy/high intensity electromagnetic fields.”

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Sounds like stuff they would say on Star Trek.

Reagan’s Star Wars II?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvatore_Pais
Salvatore Cezar Pais is an American aerospace engineer and inventor, currently working for the United States Air Force. He formerly worked at the Naval Air Station Patuxent River. His patent applications on behalf of his employers have attracted international attention for their potential military and energy-producing applications, but also doubt about their feasibility, and speculation that they may be misinformation intended to mislead the United States' strategic adversaries about the direction of United States defense research.

Time will tell. Star Wars II?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Tomorrow Perseverance attempts to land on Mars.

Mars Helicopter Also Gets Tested

Explained: With NASA’s Perseverance and China’s Tianwen-1, a flurry of Mars missions
https://indianexpress.com/article/expla ... k-7191694/
There are currently 10 spacecraft from five different space agencies — the United States, European Union, India, China, and the United Arab Emirates — either orbiting or on the ground on Mars.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Touchdown!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yay! Any report on Martians?
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You guys aren’t into the space program are you? 50% all all the rovers sent crashed trying to land. They landed the rover by what they think is an old lake bed. They figure that is one of the best places to maybe find traces of life. They are drilling for samples and then they are storing those samples for a future craft sent from home to pick up and bring home.

If the helicopter works they will be adding capabilities to future helicopters to go out, explore, gather samples, etc. i think it’s pretty cool that there are 10 craft either orbiting or driving around on Mars as we speak from several different countries.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yes, I love seeing exploration of any kind, but especially the solar system.

The helicopter idea is interesting. It takes so much power to fly a helicopter, but I guess if you let it charge long enough between flights you can cover a lot more ground that way. It can fly off to where it needs to go, then wait there a week if it had to in order to fully charge the batteries before collecting samples, then do the same thing again before flying home.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »