Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
In2ition

Re: Cardinals

Post by In2ition »

It's easy to overreact to the first game. With that said, the defense looked fantastic, stuffing the run, making Tannehill's life miserable and essentially shutting down 2 of the best receivers in the game. Even the 2 TDs they gave up seemed flukish to me, as one was a direct result of a terrible throw by Kyler off his back foot and thrown behind the receiver, and the other was the result of lucky trick plays. In fact, it seemed that the Titans offense was so out of sorts that they resorted to trick plays to get anything going. Byron Murphy should have had 2 INTs, and even Jalen Thompson could have had another. But...it's just one game, that was on the road in an east coast(essentially) trip, that normally never ends well for AZ.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann

Split T

Post by Split T »

I was very impressed. Only watched the first half, but we looked very good. Defense shut the Titans down and outside of a bunch of stupid penalties on the first couple drives(still got 10 points) the offense did what I’m hoping is the norm. Kyler is incredible and we have some real talent at the skill positions, plus a very solid offensive line. Should be a playoff team.

I forget, are they going back to only 6 playoff teams, or is it 7 again this year? If it’s 6, I feel like someone from the NFC west is going to get left out for a team with a worse record elsewhere.
Thad Young please

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:28 pm
I was very impressed. Only watched the first half, but we looked very good. Defense shut the Titans down and outside of a bunch of stupid penalties on the first couple drives(still got 10 points) the offense did what I’m hoping is the norm. Kyler is incredible and we have some real talent at the skill positions, plus a very solid offensive line. Should be a playoff team.

I forget, are they going back to only 6 playoff teams, or is it 7 again this year? If it’s 6, I feel like someone from the NFC west is going to get left out for a team with a worse record elsewhere.
It's 7 playoffs teams now. It's possible that all 4 NFC West teams could make the playoffs. Unlikely, but possible.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I barely keep up with football anymore. I used to be a hardcore Raiders fan. The Cardinals looked great on the scoreboard. I went to check the score and noticed that every team in the NFC West is 1-0 and every team in the NFC North is 0-1.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The NFC North won't go 0-4 next week, but the NFC West very well could go 4-0 again this next week.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:54 am
It's easy to overreact to the first game. With that said, the defense looked fantastic, stuffing the run, making Tannehill's life miserable and essentially shutting down 2 of the best receivers in the game. Even the 2 TDs they gave up seemed flukish to me, as one was a direct result of a terrible throw by Kyler off his back foot and thrown behind the receiver, and the other was the result of lucky trick plays. In fact, it seemed that the Titans offense was so out of sorts that they resorted to trick plays to get anything going. Byron Murphy should have had 2 INTs, and even Jalen Thompson could have had another. But...it's just one game, that was on the road in an east coast(essentially) trip, that normally never ends well for AZ.
Most impressive was that the Cards won handily on the road on the East Coast against a supposedly good team.
They've had a recent history of underperforming on early Sunday road games, so this was a bit of an outlier.
The Suns finally have the potential to shine again ... 8-)