Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Split T

Re: Cardinals

Post by Split T »

And stop drafting ILB in the first round that can barely get on the field

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I just realized that with that loss against the Rams in the postseason, it does bring Kliff's record in his last 7 games to once again....

2-5

At least he's consistent.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

IMO, both are correct. The Cardinals put too much on his plate when he clearly hasn't shown the ability to win when it counts. And he pouts, a lot.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Is it wrong for me to root against the Rams because I’m assuming most of their fair weather fans are also Laker bandwagoneers and I want them to suffer?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Not wrong at all. As a Suns fan, I agree with this line thinking.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:08 pm
IMO, both are correct. The Cardinals put too much on his plate when he clearly hasn't shown the ability to win when it counts. And he pouts, a lot.

He ain’t it. Quick to finger point, never ever takes the responsibility and the body language on the field shows it too. Doesn’t have the work ethic has said he doesn’t watch much game film he thinks his feel for game is elite so he simply doesn’t need to.

Dude is an athlete but he has none of the smarts or intangibles to be a winner and leader at his position.

I would welcome a trade.

Not to say the front office is right. I would also welcome a change there. I would like a clean slate

Indy

Post by Indy »

QB is by far the most important position in the game, and you can't win if you don't have a top tier QB. Kyler is probably on the fringe of top ~5? But man the GM and HC need to go. But that won't happen. So they will trade him for lesser players and picks, then botch the picks and rinse/repeat.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Team was absolutely rolling until all those injuries happened…we looked like a completely new team without Hopkins in there for Kyler.

I know Kyler doesn’t run as much to avoid injury, but that’s kinda what makes him special. If he’s not going to use his elite athleticism much, I’m not sure he’s worth the massive contract he’s going to get in the next couple years. I wouldn’t trade him, but I don’t trust Kliff and Keim to build the right team or use the team properly around Kyler.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kliff Kingsbury has let Kyler act like an entitled brat since we drafted him. Kingsbury doesn't know how to instill discipline in a team. How could the front brass expect a lot of success with a rookie NFL head coach and a rookie QB? Until there's a divorce in that relationship and Kyler has a coach that requires the accountability and astute knowledge of the opponent (which requires studying film and a lot of prep that Kyler apparently doesn't put time into), you're going to fail. There's no position in professional sports that requires a special person that can command the respect of his teammates and lead them like the QB. I don't ever recall seeing Kyler on the sidelines hyping his guys, working with them when they'd make mistakes to lift them up, being a leader regularly. You might be able to carry a team in high school that way and to many degrees, college as well. The NFL is a mixture of rookies, long-term veterans and guys that were the best at every level they played football. They need a great leader behind center. I don't think Kyler is that guy.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This is a mistake.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Disrespectful to Book. :lol:

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:02 pm
This is a mistake.

To be fair, they don't really have better options. Lots of language in there to protect the Cardinals if he attempts to play baseball as well as bonus protections by the Cardinals around injuries. It extends off of his 2 remaining years so they can control him for 7 years, which is a good deal if he can stay healthy and improves from here. The Cardinals need to invest in the offensive line HEAVILY if they are going to try to depend on him being productive and worth what they are paying him. He needs protection and the offense needs to run more plays to protect him. You can't get around the fact that he's a small guy in a sport with monster athletes.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m cool with it. I’m not as avid of a Cards fan as I am a Suns fan though. I do feel like the salary cap is pretty fake in the nfl. Teams can always play with contracts and free up space if they want, so in that case I’m not worried because I’m not paying him.

If we can protect him and give him weapons, he’s a very good QB and I enjoy watching him. Much better than the QB’s we tend to have in AZ.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

You guys bring up valid points. I simply don't think it's ever really a good idea to pay these guys huge money before they've accomplished something.

He's already a prima donna and now he has the salary to back it up.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:06 pm
You guys bring up valid points. I simply don't think it's ever really a good idea to pay these guys huge money before they've accomplished something.

He's already a prima donna and now he has the salary to back it up.
Were you OK giving Book a max contract before he won more than 24 games in a season?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

:lol:

Split T

Post by Split T »

Seems like you kinda have to pay young QB’s. Pay him or lose him and start over

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:20 pm
Seems like you kinda have to pay young QB’s. Pay him or lose him and start over
I’ll take the latter

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:57 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:02 pm
This is a mistake.

To be fair, they don't really have better options. Lots of language in there to protect the Cardinals if he attempts to play baseball as well as bonus protections by the Cardinals around injuries. It extends off of his 2 remaining years so they can control him for 7 years, which is a good deal if he can stay healthy and improves from here. The Cardinals need to invest in the offensive line HEAVILY if they are going to try to depend on him being productive and worth what they are paying him. He needs protection and the offense needs to run more plays to protect him. You can't get around the fact that he's a small guy in a sport with monster athletes.
You can’t get around the fact that he’s a small guy who is scared to take a hit (to the point that he’s skittish), who doesn’t study film, and who has not shown any sustained improvement in reading defenses since his rookie year.

His best plays are broken plays with some luck in broken coverage, which is why he always sucks against better more disciplined teams in big games.

He has terrible body language for a leader.

I knew the guy was a phony when he made Hail Murray T-shirts trying to sell merch off a fluke lucky play in a game they largely were exposed and should have lost. They went on a downward spiral right after that. Could never see Book doing that.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:55 am
Kliff Kingsbury has let Kyler act like an entitled brat since we drafted him. Kingsbury doesn't know how to instill discipline in a team. How could the front brass expect a lot of success with a rookie NFL head coach and a rookie QB? Until there's a divorce in that relationship and Kyler has a coach that requires the accountability and astute knowledge of the opponent (which requires studying film and a lot of prep that Kyler apparently doesn't put time into), you're going to fail. There's no position in professional sports that requires a special person that can command the respect of his teammates and lead them like the QB. I don't ever recall seeing Kyler on the sidelines hyping his guys, working with them when they'd make mistakes to lift them up, being a leader regularly. You might be able to carry a team in high school that way and to many degrees, college as well. The NFL is a mixture of rookies, long-term veterans and guys that were the best at every level they played football. They need a great leader behind center. I don't think Kyler is that guy.
This hasn’t changed. But we sure paid him like it has!