Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Cardinals

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yep, this team isn't going anywhere near a SuperBowl with Kliff Kingsbury as head coach and their window is only open as long as Murray is on a rookie contract.

On the bright side, having a quarterback like Murray should attract the best candidates.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:17 pm
Yep, this team isn't going anywhere near a SuperBowl with Kliff Kingsbury as head coach and their window is only open as long as Murray is on a rookie contract.

On the bright side, having a quarterback like Murray should attract the best candidates.
Kyler is nothing proven. All the talk of him being the next great QB is extremely premature. Every former QB that has analyzed his game has pointed out several instances where he does not make the right pre snap read, misses the open man, etc. He throws to his first option essentially every time, predetermined prior to the snap.

He has a long way to go as a QB. Right now he is basically a glorified RGIII. He needs to study the game or he’ll be nothing more than another athletic QB who didn’t have the mental work ethic or ability necessary to succeed in the league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:33 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:17 pm

Kyler is nothing proven. All the talk of him being the next great QB is extremely premature. Every former QB that has analyzed his game has pointed out several instances where he does not make the right pre snap read, misses the open man, etc. He throws to his first option essentially every time, predetermined prior to the snap.

He has a long way to go as a QB. Right now he is basically a glorified RGIII. He needs to study the game or he’ll be nothing more than another athletic QB who didn’t have the mental work ethic or ability necessary to succeed in the league.
But he is fun to watch. Sometimes.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

This team is so frustrating.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

very disappointing. 49ers' Wilson had 183 yards on 22 carries. Geez...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Just no showed a must win game...49ers aren’t very good and completely decimated by injury. No business losing

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What a terrible game. Pathetic, actually.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

Was thinking we needed a Bears loss plus a win against the Rams next week, but if we just beat the Rams, we are in.

Essentially all 3 teams are win and you’re in. Bears and Rams Can both get in with a loss though as well.

Cards in with a win vs Rams

Bears in with a win vs Packers or Cards loss vs Rams

Rams in with a win vs Cards or Bears loss vs Packers

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I really hope wholesale changes are coming. This team is bad and uninspiring. I can’t watch them. They are so in enjoyable. Kliff does not learn from his mistakes and he’s gotten nowhere with Kyler developing as anything more than a one read, scramble QB.

My first move in the off-season would be to fire Keim and let the new GM find his own coaching staff. Let PP go and start a new defensive culture. For the love of God do not bring back “only tackles, no skills” Hicks.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I hope Kingsbury is fired after today’s game...he’s had lots of iffy play calls all year...but wastes a valuable timeout to call an option on 3rd and 18 with a gimpy QB while we need 2 scores with under 5 minutes remaining? Just awful...then punts it away? Why is Kyler even out there if we’re not going for the win?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

How the heck was this not called?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya that should have been called as well

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Refs were salty after Hopkins flipped them off earlier. Fuck em.

Fire Kliff.

Fire Keim.

Hire Brian Daboll.

Or

Hire Eric Bieniemy.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, Eric Bieniemy would be my first call.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kingsbury is a terrible head coach and bad play caller. Oof.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yeah, fire Kliff. Terrible play calling, timeouts, and terrible discipline. Let PatP and Gonzalez go.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:55 pm
Yeah, fire Kliff. Terrible play calling, timeouts, and terrible discipline. Let PatP and Gonzalez go.
Agree. The team has the worst discipline leading the league in penalties by a large margin. He seems like the kind of coach that will never chew a guy out or get on him so the players just do whatever the hell they please. Perfect example. All world talent Hopkins flips off the refs and gets an unsportsmanlike penalty today. Kliff: no big deal. I think Hopkins has had a couple of boneheaded penalties for similar this year.

You watch him on the sidelines and he has so many nervous mannerisms during the game. "Will this work?". He calls the same ridiculous wide receiver screen plays on the edge over and over expecting different results. Where the hell is the air raid? Is this the air raid? What a joke.

He tries to be cute which doesn't work in the NFL and ends up frequently looking completely outcoached.

I'm done with the experiment. The worst call today (this was called after Murray came back into the game late, sitting out nearly 3 quarters of football before this call, with a severely injured ankle):

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:33 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:55 pm
Agree. The team has the worst discipline leading the league in penalties by a large margin. He seems like the kind of coach that will never chew a guy out or get on him so the players just do whatever the hell they please. Perfect example. All world talent Hopkins flips off the refs and gets an unsportsmanlike penalty today. Kliff: no big deal. I think Hopkins has had a couple of boneheaded penalties for similar this year.

You watch him on the sidelines and he has so many nervous mannerisms during the game. "Will this work?". He calls the same ridiculous wide receiver screen plays on the edge over and over expecting different results. Where the hell is the air raid? Is this the air raid? What a joke.

He tries to be cute which doesn't work in the NFL and ends up frequently looking completely outcoached.

I'm done with the experiment. The worst call today (this was called after Murray came back into the game late, sitting out nearly 3 quarters of football before this call, with a severely injured ankle):

Great points. Totally agree.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:48 pm
Refs were salty after Hopkins flipped them off earlier. Fuck em.

Fire Kliff.

Fire Keim.

Hire Brian Daboll.

Or

Hire Eric Bieniemy.
Keim and Kliff are beyond incompetent. This was the least enjoyable Cardinals team to watch and that’s saying a lot because they have tons of talent. I can’t remember a team in recent history that Underperformed more. I can’t take another year of this offense.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It was an infinitely more enjoyable team to watch than 2 yrs ago, but this was a dumb team, that did dumb things brought to you with dumb leadership.