Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
In2ition

Re: Cardinals

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:12 pm
You can’t draft a QB as you just paid another one 250 million…even if you want to move on from Kyler, I don’t think this team is ready to draft another QB yet…the rest of the roster needs work first I think. You also gotta clear out the front office first. I’d be fine trading Kyler, but no one will trade for him until he’s healthy. It feels like next year is gonna be another lost year already.
Kliff and Keim are gone far before the draft. I think it's possible that the new front office and coaching staff goes in another direction, regardless of the contract. But, it's possible that those hires are dependent on Murray staying.

Personally, I think you use an IT strategy and fail fast, then move on. It's going to be a lost yr no matter what, imo. I'm not familiar with the guys in the draft though, so idk.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:42 pm
I'm going to say something unpopular, but I think they get a new GM & Coach, and should draft a QB. CJ Stroud would be my choice rn. Murray is too small and his best attribute is quickness, and now he is probably out for the entire next season, and he may never have the quickness again.
Not as unpopular as you think.
Kyler sucks. They should never have paid him and it was obvious then and now

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Do you think someone would trade for Kyler? I can’t imagine having to pay someone $45 million a year to not play. I’m not opposed to moving on, but you absolutely have to trade Kyler before drafting a QB with the 3rd pick. It was one thing to do it with Josh Rosen(he sucked and was on a rookie deal), but you can’t absolutely sink Kyler’s value by drafting his replacement.

Besides, this team has a ton of issues, some more pressing than Kyler. I think you take the best player available(Jalen Carter or Will Anderson Jr.) and just be bad again next year with some backup QB. Have to get a new coach/gm and I’d move a lot of the pricey vets like DHop. He should still have value. Trade him for picks.

Hopefully Kyler comes back at the end of the season and you can evaluate what you have with him. Then spring of ‘24 you try to move him if your plans have changed.

Edit: well I guess they did one of my steps while I was writing the post haha

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kyler should still have value around the league, but it's tough now with his injury. It's almost guaranteeing that the Cards are going to be bad next year, and it's unknown if they will be good after he returns healthy. He's not tall enough to keep from getting his ball batted down when he sits in the pocket. He's also hyper aware that he doesn't want to take hits, and it affects his decision making, imo. The Cards could build the best offensive line, but it still might not be enough to protect Kyler and keep him from getting his throws batted down. His game depends on him getting outside the pocket, imo.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, he’s only special when he’s out running around and he’s been less willing to do that. Pocket QB Kyler isn’t very valuable.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Keim and Kingsbury. You're done, son!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Just pure idiocy to pay Kyler. He showed no improvement over his rookie year: so many reg flags- if he didn’t run and make scramble plays he lost because he’s not a quarterback.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:37 pm
Just pure idiocy to pay Kyler. He showed no improvement over his rookie year: so many reg flags- if he didn’t run and make scramble plays he lost because he’s not a quarterback.
Backyard football doesn't work in the NFL. He's a gadget QB. Too many missed games every season and gets rattled the second he gets hit for the rest of the game.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think he's a qb, but I just don't think he's the best to take the team to a Super Bowl win as some of his mistakes come at the most inopportune times.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m not completely out on him. He’s talented…I do think having Kliff as his coach wasn’t fair. It’s too bad he tore his acl and we may not even see him this year with the new coach.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

How long until we're all saying #FireMonti? :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Anyone have any idea who he is?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Goob

Post by Goob »

Jags fan myself but have always liked how the Cardinals went about things. I hope for ya'lls sake it is not Flores; I think he is overrated and leaves a lot to be desired personality wise. Arizona has some good pieces, just need the right coach in.
Tar Heel Suns Fan

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

The more I read about Flores and how he completely demoralized and broke Tua, who by all accounts is an amazing person, the less I want him around our team.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t know enough about him…I had heard good things but seems like some questions too. DeMeco Ryans is an intriguing one for me too

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

No thanks to Flores or Reich

Reich was apparently a pushover

Kyler needs tough love

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

This whole Payton thing reminds me too much of the whole Peyton thing.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.