Page 12 of 12

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:19 am
by Superbone
I was worried when I first read about this coach. He didn't have a great track record.

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:27 am
by specialsauce
In2ition wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:49 am
It was an infinitely more enjoyable team to watch than 2 yrs ago, but this was a dumb team, that did dumb things brought to you with dumb leadership.
I don’t agree. At least we took some shots down the field before Kliff, even when we were awful. I’d rather see Kyler throw 20 interceptions than continue this offense where we throw nonstop wide receiver screens and option plays no matter the down and distance or game situation.

The players are better now, but the game is just not pretty football. It’s pathetic. We played like a scared team the whole year

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:42 am
by Split T
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:27 am
In2ition wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:49 am
It was an infinitely more enjoyable team to watch than 2 yrs ago, but this was a dumb team, that did dumb things brought to you with dumb leadership.
I don’t agree. At least we took some shots down the field before Kliff, even when we were awful. I’d rather see Kyler throw 20 interceptions than continue this offense where we throw nonstop wide receiver screens and option plays no matter the down and distance or game situation.

The players are better now, but the game is just not pretty football. It’s pathetic. We played like a scared team the whole year
The Steve Wilks-Josh Rosen year? We had some bad teams in the Bruce Arians era that were still fun, but nothing was worse than the Josh Rosen year.

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:45 am
by Indy
If you have Kyler Murray, you don't run a draw play on 1st and 2nd down all the time. I know it is an exaggeration, but it felt that like most of the games I watched this year.

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:50 am
by specialsauce
Split T wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:42 am
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:27 am
In2ition wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:49 am
It was an infinitely more enjoyable team to watch than 2 yrs ago, but this was a dumb team, that did dumb things brought to you with dumb leadership.
I don’t agree. At least we took some shots down the field before Kliff, even when we were awful. I’d rather see Kyler throw 20 interceptions than continue this offense where we throw nonstop wide receiver screens and option plays no matter the down and distance or game situation.

The players are better now, but the game is just not pretty football. It’s pathetic. We played like a scared team the whole year
The Steve Wilks-Josh Rosen year? We had some bad teams in the Bruce Arians era that were still fun, but nothing was worse than the Josh Rosen year.
Yes we sucked with those two but it’s because our personnel was awful too. I think other teams kicked our ass.

We sucked this year because we kicked our own ass. We played extremely stupid and scared all year. I’m not saying this was the worst team, I’m saying for me it was the least enjoyable team to watch. Even our wins made me want to pull my hair out from all the lulls and mistakes.

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:51 am
by Split T
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:50 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:42 am
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:27 am
In2ition wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:49 am
It was an infinitely more enjoyable team to watch than 2 yrs ago, but this was a dumb team, that did dumb things brought to you with dumb leadership.
I don’t agree. At least we took some shots down the field before Kliff, even when we were awful. I’d rather see Kyler throw 20 interceptions than continue this offense where we throw nonstop wide receiver screens and option plays no matter the down and distance or game situation.

The players are better now, but the game is just not pretty football. It’s pathetic. We played like a scared team the whole year
The Steve Wilks-Josh Rosen year? We had some bad teams in the Bruce Arians era that were still fun, but nothing was worse than the Josh Rosen year.
Yes we sucked with those two but it’s because our personnel was awful too. I think other teams kicked our ass.

We sucked this year because we kicked our own ass. We played extremely stupid and scared all year. I’m not saying this was the worst team, I’m saying for me it was the least enjoyable team to watch. Even our wins made me want to pull my hair out from all the lulls and mistakes.
Fair enough...though I felt like we did a lot of really dumb stuff that year too. And it felt like the players quit on Wilks...we did stupid stuff this year, but I never felt like the players quit.

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:20 pm
by Split T
Outside of coaching issues, what do we need this offseason to get better?

I think we gotta let PP go. He’s probably gonna want to get paid and he’s not worth it anymore. So we’ll have some big needs in the secondary. Kirkpatrick is ok, not sure if he’ll be back either though.

We have options at linebacker. Simmons should be a lot better after a real offseason. Reddick broke out, but he’s a free agent. Need Chandler Jones back. Not sure about Hicks and Campbell. Gardeck had some moments.

Always need bodies on the DL.

OL was solid, but wouldn’t mind upgrading it.

Hopkins is awesome...Kirk is fine as a 3rd wr, but we need a legit #2. Fitz is gonna retire and Isabella/Johnson are just 4th or 5th wr.

Arnold has some nice skills, but he’s not super reliable. Could go with Kirk as our #2 receiver if we get a top notch TE.

I’d let Drake go, he’s good, but I’d rather use his money elsewhere. Edmonds is solid and we can always draft a rb in the middle rounds. Or maybe Eno Benjamin will be ready. Or this Ward guy I’ve heard positive things about.

Need a real backup QB as well. Though we had Hundley and kept him inactive all year.

I don’t know what the FA market looks like, but in the draft, I’d look at Jaylen Waddle WR from Alabama, Kyle Pitts TE from Florida, or whoever the top CB is.

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:28 pm
by specialsauce
Split T wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:20 pm
Outside of coaching issues, what do we need this offseason to get better?

I think we gotta let PP go. He’s probably gonna want to get paid and he’s not worth it anymore. So we’ll have some big needs in the secondary. Kirkpatrick is ok, not sure if he’ll be back either though.

We have options at linebacker. Simmons should be a lot better after a real offseason. Reddick broke out, but he’s a free agent. Need Chandler Jones back. Not sure about Hicks and Campbell. Gardeck had some moments.

Always need bodies on the DL.

OL was solid, but wouldn’t mind upgrading it.

Hopkins is awesome...Kirk is fine as a 3rd wr, but we need a legit #2. Fitz is gonna retire and Isabella/Johnson are just 4th or 5th wr.

Arnold has some nice skills, but he’s not super reliable. Could go with Kirk as our #2 receiver if we get a top notch TE.

I’d let Drake go, he’s good, but I’d rather use his money elsewhere. Edmonds is solid and we can always draft a rb in the middle rounds. Or maybe Eno Benjamin will be ready. Or this Ward guy I’ve heard positive things about.

Need a real backup QB as well. Though we had Hundley and kept him inactive all year.

I don’t know what the FA market looks like, but in the draft, I’d look at Jaylen Waddle WR from Alabama, Kyle Pitts TE from Florida, or whoever the top CB is.
My biggest wish is to get rid of Hicks. He is so overrated just because he gets a lot of tackles after he allows his assignment to catch the ball wherever they are. Please let him go.

I agree to move on from the entire CB group except Murphy.

We never should have passed on Lamb for Simmons. Agree we need a legit WR opposite Hopkins

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:48 pm
by Split T
Is anyone more in tune with the Cardinals cap situation? I don’t know or follow the nfl/Cardinals cap stuff like I do the suns. Some quick googling makes it seem like we can clear some space by cutting a few players(Alford, Hicks, Kennard, Maxx Williams) Justin Pugh as well, but he’s a solid starter.

Kennard and Alford seem like fairly obvious cuts. Hicks has 2/18 left on his contract and either 6 or 9 million guaranteed..I’m not sure which.

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:53 am
by Split T
Ok!



Re: Cardinals

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:02 am
by AmareIsGod

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:05 am
by Split T
That’s a lot of money...hopefully he can stay healthy and produce. Him and Chandler Jones is tough if they are both healthy.

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:53 am
by bajanguy008
I also love NFL and Athletics

This NFL speed vs Track speed debate has gone on forever lol. Interested to see if Metcalf can actually hang with these guys :)
Image

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:29 am
by In2ition
Anyone have an opinion on the Cards draft? I hadn't followed the draft at all until about a couple days before. I love what I've seen out of Zaven Collins and I'm intrigued by the Moore pick and the CB picks. I just don't know for sure if any of them will pan out, and Keim hasn't exactly been known as a great draft guy.

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:00 am
by AmareIsGod
In2ition wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:29 am
Anyone have an opinion on the Cards draft? I hadn't followed the draft at all until about a couple days before. I love what I've seen out of Zaven Collins and I'm intrigued by the Moore pick and the CB picks. I just don't know for sure if any of them will pan out, and Keim hasn't exactly been known as a great draft guy.
Intriguing choices. It seems like that's always the case with Keim. He's like that friend that is always at the casino and swears he's about to win it big. Meanwhile, he's thrown away his marriage and $50k this year.

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:04 am
by In2ition
AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:00 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:29 am
Anyone have an opinion on the Cards draft? I hadn't followed the draft at all until about a couple days before. I love what I've seen out of Zaven Collins and I'm intrigued by the Moore pick and the CB picks. I just don't know for sure if any of them will pan out, and Keim hasn't exactly been known as a great draft guy.
Intriguing choices. It seems like that's always the case with Keim. He's like that friend that is always at the casino and swears he's about to win it big. Meanwhile, he's thrown away his marriage and $50k this year.
Haha, truth.

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:07 am
by AmareIsGod
Sadly, one of my best friends growing up fits the billing. Combine a pill and heroine addiction (the guy was smoking and freebasing it in the bathroom at his most recent job in a stall at GoDaddy) plus gambling regularly and it's a recipe for disaster. There went his marriage and relationship to the 3 kids (not his, hers from a prior marriage) that loved him dearly. You have no idea the number of times he's had an epiphany he's shared with me and "turned his life around" over the recent years only to relapse. Last I heard, he's living with his brother in Mesa in an apartment getting high of God knows what daily. I could write a book about the ups and downs of his life.

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:57 pm
by Split T
Not sure about the draft...intrigued by Moore, but it’s hard to be super excited about a Keim draft. He definitely has a thing for off ball linebackers in the first round(Reddick, Simmons, Collins) and small, speedy wr in the 2nd round(Kirk, Isabella, Moore)

Would have loved to grab more of a need in the 1st round, but hard to find fault as the top pass catchers and defensive backs were gone. I knew nothing about the guys we drafted, but if they’re good, it should turn out ok. We could really use 1 or both of those corners to be players right away.

Re: Cardinals

Posted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:50 am
by In2ition
Split T wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:57 pm
Not sure about the draft...intrigued by Moore, but it’s hard to be super excited about a Keim draft. He definitely has a thing for off ball linebackers in the first round(Reddick, Simmons, Collins) and small, speedy wr in the 2nd round(Kirk, Isabella, Moore)

Would have loved to grab more of a need in the 1st round, but hard to find fault as the top pass catchers and defensive backs were gone. I knew nothing about the guys we drafted, but if they’re good, it should turn out ok. We could really use 1 or both of those corners to be players right away.
100%, you could add in John Brown who was 5'10" and ran a 4.31 40 to the list of small speedy WRs that Keim has drafted, but at 91.