Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
JeremyG

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by JeremyG »

I’ve tested negative two nights in a row, but I might keep testing for awhile since I’ve heard that the rapid tests can produce false negatives for several days with these new variants, and I don’t usually feel this sick with a common cold.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:55 pm
I’ve tested negative two nights in a row, but I might keep testing for awhile since I’ve heard that the rapid tests can produce false negatives for several days with these new variants, and I don’t usually feel this sick with a common cold.
OK, keep us posted. Mine was strongly positive in the first couple minutes of my first test. Let's hope it's just a bad cold for you. Do you have a fever or chills?
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:01 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:55 pm
OK, keep us posted. Mine was strongly positive in the first couple minutes of my first test. Let's hope it's just a bad cold for you. Do you have a fever or chills?
Yeah I hope so, too! I had chills the first two days, but temperature was only slightly high (although I usually run a pretty low temperature).
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow, what a bummer! Apparently I got Covid rebound. I suddenly had an onslaught of upset stomach and diarrhea yesterday. Didn't sleep through the night. Feel pretty good this morning but tested positive again! Ugh. I had plans to meet former colleagues at a brewery today that I will have to cancel.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:49 am
Wow, what a bummer! Apparently I got Covid rebound. I suddenly had an onslaught of upset stomach and diarrhea yesterday. Didn't sleep through the night. Feel pretty good this morning but tested positive again! Ugh. I had plans to meet former colleagues at a brewery today that I will have to cancel.
You took Paxlovid right? Isn't that one of the known common and expected side effects? Sorry you aren't feeling good, and sorry you are missing your meet up with your former colleagues.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:27 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:49 am
You took Paxlovid right? Isn't that one of the known common and expected side effects? Sorry you aren't feeling good, and sorry you are missing your meet up with your former colleagues.
Yes, pretty common side effect of Paxlovid. Some have no symptoms. Thanks, man. I actually feel pretty normal today. I'm still going to do my weight workout I had planned on and did on Mon/Wed.

The only positive is that I had to reschedule my dentist appointment for the THIRD time that was on Monday and was going to interfere with me watching Suns media day live.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

FINALLY tested negative today after my Covid rebound! First positive results were on 9/18!
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Good stuff! Glad you’re cleared.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I've had diarrhea and a bad cough for a few days. Starting to get concerned.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:53 am
Ugh, sorry bro... Drink lots of fluids, rest and go see the doctor. Maybe they'll throw you on some paxlovid.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Any aches or fever? Have you tested?
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:40 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Any aches or fever? Have you tested?
Negative 🙏
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton