Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
In2ition

Re: Movies / TV Shows

Post by In2ition »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:05 pm
TOO wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:45 pm
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:39 pm
How do your guys's wives feel about subtitles?
She has them on EVERYTHING, she'd probably put subtitles on me if she could.
What would happen if she had the ability to put subtitles on your thoughts?
Would many marriages last very long if that happened?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:50 pm
Ya I never liked subtitles and now most everything we watch has them because of my wife haha
We usually watch shows together later in the night, and she is always very conscience of disturbing anyone. So, if someone is in bed, she will have the TV low, even if the person couldn't possibly hear it. Then she will require subtitles on. It seems like they are always on in my house too.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I need subtitles on everything. I can't hear the TV very well these days unless it's cranked up way too loud. Part of it is that I have hard floors and everything echoes to the point that it's indecipherable.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:00 am
I need subtitles on everything. I can't hear the TV very well these days unless it's cranked up way too loud. Part of it is that I have hard floors and everything echoes to the point that it's indecipherable.
Fill your house with more junk
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Tyler Kolek.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

40 minutes into episode 1 of Fallout. Incredible. Other than some Fallout 3, I didn't really get into the games.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:09 pm
40 minutes into episode 1 of Fallout. Incredible. Other than some Fallout 3, I didn't really get into the games.
I've never played the games. Saw the trailer the other day and I thought it was another Westworld remake. Looks like so much is borrowed from the original Yul Brenner movie.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:51 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
I've never played the games. Saw the trailer the other day and I thought it was another Westworld remake. Looks like so much is borrowed from the original Yul Brenner movie.
Better than anything after season 1 of Westworld and better than parts of the first season of Westworld. Mind you, I only watched one episode. It's fantastic. I'm glad I didn't watch any trailers. It's not Westworld at all.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:58 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:51 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Better than anything after season 1 of Westworld and better than parts of the first season of Westworld. Mind you, I only watched one episode. It's fantastic. I'm glad I didn't watch any trailers. It's not Westworld at all.
OK, but have you ever seen the original movie from the 70s? Had a messed up cowboy robot. The trailer looked to me like they stole it directly.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070909/
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I suggest you invest in an hour of it and get back to me. You'll be surprised.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:19 pm
Dude, I'm going to. Just couldn't get over the similarities to the original Westworld movie which I liked a lot. I think we're not understanding each other.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I just watched the first episode of Fallout. I’m not sure why you were comparing it to the Westworld TV show as it’s nothing like it. It is pretty interesting. I like all the retro devices and music. The violence is a little over the top for me but I’ll keep watching as it’s an interesting premise. And even though the trailer reminded me of the original Westworld movie, this show is nothing like it either.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:36 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Dude, I'm going to. Just couldn't get over the similarities to the original Westworld movie which I liked a lot. I think we're not understanding each other.
I can see where you're coming from with the cowboy character.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:19 am
I just watched the first episode of Fallout. I’m not sure why you were comparing it to the Westworld TV show as it’s nothing like it. It is pretty interesting. I like all the retro devices and music. The violence is a little over the top for me but I’ll keep watching as it’s an interesting premise. And even though the trailer reminded me of the original Westworld movie, this show is nothing like it either.
Yeah. I enjoy the bits of dark humor sprinkled in so far.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm enjoying it so far with my son.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:59 am
Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:36 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
I can see where you're coming from with the cowboy character.
Yeah, that was pretty much it. It looked outwardly like that but when you watch it, yeah, he's a totally different "entity".
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:43 am
I'm enjoying it so far with my son.
► Show Spoiler
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Main female protagonist was in Yellowjackets. Also, Bubba Gump had a role in that first episode. I called it immediately after I heard him speak. I told my wife and she said "how in the hell did you know that after 2 seconds". I've always had a memory with voices, faces and with songs. Within seconds, if I've heard it before, I know what it is. My memory is crap otherwise.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:07 pm
Main female protagonist was in Yellowjackets. Also, Bubba Gump had a role in that first episode. I called it immediately after I heard him speak. I told my wife and she said "how in the hell did you know that after 2 seconds". I've always had a memory with voices, faces and with songs. Within seconds, if I've heard it before, I know what it is. My memory is crap otherwise.
She has the most beautiful, giant eyes! I was kind of staring at her in disbelief. Which one was Bubba Gump? I did notice the dude from Severance. Figured he would survive.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:14 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
She has the most beautiful, giant eyes! I was kind of staring at her in disbelief. Which one was Bubba Gump? I did notice the dude from Severance. Figured he would survive.
Yeah, the guy from Severance has been in a few things lately. He always plays the same character which is kind of great. Bubba Gump was the guy that resurrected Westworld dude and got buried back in the grave when he got pulled by the rope at the end of the episode. Looking forward to the rest of the series, that's for sure.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:42 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:14 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Yeah, the guy from Severance has been in a few things lately. He always plays the same character which is kind of great. Bubba Gump was the guy that resurrected Westworld dude and got buried back in the grave when he got pulled by the rope at the end of the episode. Looking forward to the rest of the series, that's for sure.
Hah, OK, that dude. MIght have to watch that part again.
"Be Legendary."