Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Kryptonic

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Kryptonic »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:42 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:50 am
Joe Picket on paramount+ is pretty good. Just finished the first season and started the second. Guy who plays Gordo in FAM is the main character Joe Picket.

Before FAM, I knew him from a show called Patriot on amazon which I absolutely loved. It's a pitch-black spy comedy that's got a unique rhythm compared to anything else on TV. Strong recommendation on that one.
I never reference that show because NOBODY watched it except me and you..... LOL :D Was an AMAZING show and was just recalling the scene that got me on Patriot... It's where he has to get the job over the other more experienced guy and how he "eliminates" him from competition was hilarious. The cast was really good in it too. Just too bad it didn't find a following, because it was great.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Blue Eye Samurai.

/Thread.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:58 am
Shabazz wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:42 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Joe Picket on paramount+ is pretty good. Just finished the first season and started the second. Guy who plays Gordo in FAM is the main character Joe Picket.

Before FAM, I knew him from a show called Patriot on amazon which I absolutely loved. It's a pitch-black spy comedy that's got a unique rhythm compared to anything else on TV. Strong recommendation on that one.
I never reference that show because NOBODY watched it except me and you..... LOL :D Was an AMAZING show and was just recalling the scene that got me on Patriot... It's where he has to get the job over the other more experienced guy and how he "eliminates" him from competition was hilarious. The cast was really good in it too. Just too bad it didn't find a following, because it was great.
GORDO IS ALIVE! I MUST WATCH THIS!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

TOO wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:10 pm
Blue Eye Samurai.

/Thread.
I just cancelled my Netflix… will check it out in December when I pick it back up for rebel moon.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kryptonic wrote:

I started watching this with my wife last night. We got through the first 3 episodes, and I have to say that I'm enjoying it so far. Some of the characters are pretty cartoonish and over the top, but I admit that some small towns can have a few characters. Overall, it's been a good show though. Interested in how it develops.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:43 pm
Kryptonic wrote:

I started watching this with my wife last night. We got through the first 3 episodes, and I have to say that I'm enjoying it so far. Some of the characters are pretty cartoonish and over the top, but I admit that some small towns can have a few characters. Overall, it's been a good show though. Interested in how it develops.
Sweet, glad you dig it…. The wife and I finished season 1 and started season 2. Agree with the over the top characters… season 2 has some real doozy’s for sure but they’re working pretty well with the story.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

You guys and having wives🤯🤯🤯💔

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:02 pm
In2ition wrote:
Kryptonic wrote:

Sweet, glad you dig it…. The wife and I finished season 1 and started season 2. Agree with the over the top characters… season 2 has some real doozy’s for sure but they’re working pretty well with the story.
We finished season 1, and enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 2.

Also, I watched the first 3 episodes of For All Mankind on my flight back from El Salvador yesterday. So far, it's very good. Actually thinking about buying AppleTV for it and other shows on it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:39 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:02 pm
In2ition wrote:
Kryptonic wrote:

We finished season 1, and enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 2.

Also, I watched the first 3 episodes of For All Mankind on my flight back from El Salvador yesterday. So far, it's very good. Actually thinking about buying AppleTV for it and other shows on it.
Right on! Glad you liked it…. Season 2 was pretty good too.

Another good show on paramount is Yellowjacket’s…. It’s pretty bonkers.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I highly recommend AppleTV. One of the less expensive streamers and tons of great shows. It's one of the only ones I keep year round. Take turns with Paramount+ and Hulu.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:06 pm
I highly recommend AppleTV. One of the less expensive streamers and tons of great shows. It's one of the only ones I keep year round. Take turns with Paramount+ and Hulu.
100%…. Foundation, Ted lasso, the morning show, shrinking… all amazing shows. I’ve started slow horses… it’s pretty good too.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Finally got through the first season of For All Mankind with the wife. Great show…. A lot of shows have predictable writing, this one definitely through some curveballs. Got her hooked now so finished the next 3 seasons shouldn’t be an issue and by the time we get to 4, it should be wrapping.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

‘This Is Spinal Tap’ sequel will feature Sir Paul McCartney and Elton John
https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/29/entertai ... index.html
“We’re making a sequel. We’re going to start shooting at the end of February and everybody is back,” Reiner said.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:01 am
‘This Is Spinal Tap’ sequel will feature Sir Paul McCartney and Elton John
https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/29/entertai ... index.html
“We’re making a sequel. We’re going to start shooting at the end of February and everybody is back,” Reiner said.
Wow, that's crazy. 40 years later. I don't know if it's a good idea to mess with perfection though.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Maybe they play 55+ RV parks.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Anybody here watched The Fall of the House of Usher? It's on Netflix. Sounds like sort of a "Succession meets horror" show.

Split T

Post by Split T »

My wife watched it and I caught most of it with her. I thought it was ok. Solid 7 out of 10…

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thanks for The Bear recommendations. I'm a third into the 2nd season. Great stuff. And if any of you missed out on Reservation Dogs, you're really missing out.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:51 am
Thanks for The Bear recommendations. I'm a third into the 2nd season. Great stuff. And if any of you missed out on Reservation Dogs, you're really missing out.
Both great shows…. Reservation dogs… the ghost native cracks me up.

About done with FAM season 3 😉…. Great stuff.

I’ve been watching this YouTubers videos this week after his latest one made major headlines… so I watched it and was impressed enough to go back and watch some of the others…. It’s not a show or a movie but just as good and long as some 😂

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

This is the first one that made headlines….

I’ve always assumed that most YouTubers weren’t genuinely that creative and stole most of their ideas from someone… occasionally there’s a few who are truly creative and do well on the platform. This guys level of take down with hard proof is MIND BLOWING and does it in a pretty hilarious fashion albeit still bringing knowledge about the subject.

He did another video the year before about tommy tallarico (curious if superbone is familiar with him since they’re very much in the same division in the same industry) and the Roblox “OOF”.