TV Shows / Movies

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 3207
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:17 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:04 pm
Avoid Wonder Woman 1984. Utter garbage. Wig as a bad guy is laughable. The CGI is terrible. The action is limited. The writing is very bad. My wife and I both asked what the hell we were watching after an hour and turned it off. So disappointing considering we really enjoyed the first film.
Wow, I’m surprised. Was it a different director? Looking forward to watching Soul tonight but was planning on WW84 tomorrow.
Did you end up watching WW84? What did you think? Maybe I was being overly critical.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21714
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:48 am
Superbone wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:17 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:04 pm
Avoid Wonder Woman 1984. Utter garbage. Wig as a bad guy is laughable. The CGI is terrible. The action is limited. The writing is very bad. My wife and I both asked what the hell we were watching after an hour and turned it off. So disappointing considering we really enjoyed the first film.
Wow, I’m surprised. Was it a different director? Looking forward to watching Soul tonight but was planning on WW84 tomorrow.
Did you end up watching WW84? What did you think? Maybe I was being overly critical.
I'll watch today and let you know. I did look up that it's the same director, Jenkins, who had so much success with the first one.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 3207
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:51 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:48 am
Superbone wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:17 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:04 pm
Avoid Wonder Woman 1984. Utter garbage. Wig as a bad guy is laughable. The CGI is terrible. The action is limited. The writing is very bad. My wife and I both asked what the hell we were watching after an hour and turned it off. So disappointing considering we really enjoyed the first film.
Wow, I’m surprised. Was it a different director? Looking forward to watching Soul tonight but was planning on WW84 tomorrow.
Did you end up watching WW84? What did you think? Maybe I was being overly critical.
I'll watch today and let you know. I did look up that it's the same director, Jenkins, who had so much success with the first one.
That's what surprised me. Maybe the screenplay or writing was from someone else? Maybe it was just one of the few duds by Jenkins. I'm looking forward to your feedback. My brother in law text me when I asked him about it and said he thought it was a steaming pile of 💩. He too loved the first one.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 13783
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Indy »

A lot of it might have to do with the fact so much post-production is being done in Covid times. So much can be fixed in editing and re-shoots.

User avatar
BKinSJC
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:36 am
Location: Southern California

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by BKinSJC »

I watched WW84 yesterday - in the end, I wasn't very impressed. I'm paying for an HBOMax sub anyways, but I would've been disappointed had I paid full price to see it in a theater. I'll spoiler tag a couple of observations, if anybody wants to know why:
Spoiler: show/hide

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 4820
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Shabazz »

It was butt. The plot was a Disney princess story squished into a Wonder Woman movie.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 13020
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Mori Chu »

Have we talked about Tenet yet? I just saw it. Trippy movie. I'm still going through some of the scenes in my head and trying to figure them out. Not Nolan's best, but I liked it.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 13783
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:00 am
Have we talked about Tenet yet? I just saw it. Trippy movie. I'm still going through some of the scenes in my head and trying to figure them out. Not Nolan's best, but I liked it.
I haven't seen it yet. Not sure I will. I think I am over Nolan.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21714
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:11 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:00 am
Have we talked about Tenet yet? I just saw it. Trippy movie. I'm still going through some of the scenes in my head and trying to figure them out. Not Nolan's best, but I liked it.
I haven't seen it yet. Not sure I will. I think I am over Nolan.
I'll watch it but not until it's available for rent. Early January, I believe.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

Online
User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 8098
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by ShelC »

Caught Tenet over the weekend. At first I didn't really like it but watched it again and it grew on me. Not as good as Inception IMO and is a mostly mashup of TDR, Inception and Interstellar. My biggest criticism is that Nolan goes to such extremes over this movie's visuals and trying to challenge/trick the audience with his big idea and filmmaking that I felt like he glossed over making the characters interesting or the story compelling, maybe even of purpose. Felt like the editing was choppy and the dialogue was way too low compared to the action scenes. That said, the visuals are pretty amazing, the action scenes are top notch and it'll give you a lot to think about the more you re-watch it or read up about it after.

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 3207
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by AmareIsGod »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:26 pm
Caught Tenet over the weekend. At first I didn't really like it but watched it again and it grew on me. Not as good as Inception IMO and is a mostly mashup of TDR, Inception and Interstellar. My biggest criticism is that Nolan goes to such extremes over this movie's visuals and trying to challenge/trick the audience with his big idea and filmmaking that I felt like he glossed over making the characters interesting or the story compelling, maybe even of purpose. Felt like the editing was choppy and the dialogue was way too low compared to the action scenes. That said, the visuals are pretty amazing, the action scenes are top notch and it'll give you a lot to think about the more you re-watch it or read up about it after.
Was it better than WW 1984? And Bone, did you ever get around to watching WW 84? I'd love your take as well.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21714
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:28 pm
ShelC wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:26 pm
Caught Tenet over the weekend. At first I didn't really like it but watched it again and it grew on me. Not as good as Inception IMO and is a mostly mashup of TDR, Inception and Interstellar. My biggest criticism is that Nolan goes to such extremes over this movie's visuals and trying to challenge/trick the audience with his big idea and filmmaking that I felt like he glossed over making the characters interesting or the story compelling, maybe even of purpose. Felt like the editing was choppy and the dialogue was way too low compared to the action scenes. That said, the visuals are pretty amazing, the action scenes are top notch and it'll give you a lot to think about the more you re-watch it or read up about it after.
Was it better than WW 1984? And Bone, did you ever get around to watching WW 84? I'd love your take as well.
I meant to watch it in the afternoon but got caught up researching ellipticals all day up until the Suns game. Started watching it late last night. Saw that it was 2.5 hours long! Watched the first hour before going to bed. I liked the opening sequence on the island so far but that’s about it. The whole 80s thing is a little overdone. The storyline thus far is lame and slow.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

Online
User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 8098
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by ShelC »

I haven't seen WW84. Didn't see the first one. Just don't have any interest for some reason. Think I'm superhero'd out and just not a big fan of DC's films.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 13783
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Indy »

I thought the first one was a good movie.

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 3207
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by AmareIsGod »

Not sure if this thread has hit on Mr Robot but my wife and I finished the series last week. One of the best shows I've ever watched. I want to re-watch it in the near future because I know there is so much I'm going to be able to connect the dots to. The 7th episode in the last season was one of the best episodes of anything I've ever seen.

Did anyone else here watch this show and enjoy it as well? We streamed it on Amazon Prime.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 4820
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:41 pm
Not sure if this thread has hit on Mr Robot but my wife and I finished the series last week. One of the best shows I've ever watched. I want to re-watch it in the near future because I know there is so much I'm going to be able to connect the dots to. The 7th episode in the last season was one of the best episodes of anything I've ever seen.

Did anyone else here watch this show and enjoy it as well? We streamed it on Amazon Prime.
Season 1 is great. After that it gets a little dicey. I thought season 4 was super self-indulgent.

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 3207
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by AmareIsGod »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:55 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:41 pm
Not sure if this thread has hit on Mr Robot but my wife and I finished the series last week. One of the best shows I've ever watched. I want to re-watch it in the near future because I know there is so much I'm going to be able to connect the dots to. The 7th episode in the last season was one of the best episodes of anything I've ever seen.

Did anyone else here watch this show and enjoy it as well? We streamed it on Amazon Prime.
Season 1 is great. After that it gets a little dicey. I thought season 4 was super self-indulgent.
4 was my favorite, especially after 2 jumped the rails.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21714
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:41 pm
Not sure if this thread has hit on Mr Robot but my wife and I finished the series last week. One of the best shows I've ever watched. I want to re-watch it in the near future because I know there is so much I'm going to be able to connect the dots to. The 7th episode in the last season was one of the best episodes of anything I've ever seen.

Did anyone else here watch this show and enjoy it as well? We streamed it on Amazon Prime.
I watched the whole thing when they originally aired, week to week. It was excellent!
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 21714
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:55 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:41 pm
Not sure if this thread has hit on Mr Robot but my wife and I finished the series last week. One of the best shows I've ever watched. I want to re-watch it in the near future because I know there is so much I'm going to be able to connect the dots to. The 7th episode in the last season was one of the best episodes of anything I've ever seen.

Did anyone else here watch this show and enjoy it as well? We streamed it on Amazon Prime.
Season 1 is great. After that it gets a little dicey. I thought season 4 was super self-indulgent.
I did like Season 1 the best but there were some excellent episodes in other seasons along the way.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 13783
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Indy »

I gave up half-way through Season 2 because it was just ridiculous. And that was after loving season 1.

Post Reply