youth sports

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Singh

youth sports

Post by Singh »

Anyone else here a soccer dad like me?

Indy

Re: youth sports

Post by Indy »

Not soccer, but we used to be baseball/softball and basketball. Then we moved to the midwest and added lacrosse and bowling (!?!) to the list. Now we are avoiding everything because you can't really distance properly or wear masks for all of it.

Singh

Post by Singh »

Yeah, I agree, I enjoy sitting out and watching my kids (not these days of course) My daughter is a goalkeeper with the phoenix rising youth teams and son just started as well. Both love basketball and They play as well...I encourage soccer because of our genetic limitations (height) lol

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I used to be a basketball dad. It was a lot of fun. Fun going to the games and seeing improvement and playing basketball with them. Those were the days. Both of my sons now love to play pickup basketball (outside of the pandemic.)
"Be Legendary."

Singh

Post by Singh »

I loved playing pickup as a kid, but I stunk....one of the worst out there. I want my kids to be good so they can go hold their own as time goes on

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Singh wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:30 pm
I loved playing pickup as a kid, but I stunk....one of the worst out there. I want my kids to be good so they can go hold their own as time goes on
Yes! It's a great life skill for them.
"Be Legendary."