Miscellaneous Stuff From the Weird, Wild, and Wacky and Sometimes Disturbing

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
TOO

Re: Miscellaneous Stuff From the Weird, Wild, and Wacky and Sometimes Disturbing

Post by TOO »

Old enough to remember when the world was gonna stop for Y2K. These people need a hobby.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

In2ition

Re: Miscellaneous Stuff From the Weird, Wild, and Wacky and Sometimes Disturbing

Post by In2ition »

I was never worried about Y2K, but I do remember the hysteria and worry about it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Sounds a lot like Y2K to me.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't recall some people worried about earthquakes because of Y2K, and everyone in computers at the time were working day and night to fix the problem and test the fixes.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They predicted doom and gloom and it was a dud. The

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

With all the conspiracy theory stuff in this thread, it feels like maybe it would belong better in the Politics section. Thoughts?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Is it actually political? That was why I posted this here. I didn't think it was political.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I predict a solar eclipse and then everyone goes home and we see a blurb on the news the next day how nothing spectacular happened except a solar eclipse.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ok Nostradamus, haha. You're probably prophetic, and I'll be interested in seeing that come true.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The only incidents that could happen will be man made imo.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

FBI: 'Little rascals' trio, ages 11, 12 and 16, arrested for robbing a Houston bank
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/fb ... c7a9&ei=42

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:25 am
Is it actually political? That was why I posted this here. I didn't think it was political.
It's a weird one. It doesn't directly relate to any political issue. But I do not like conspiracy theory content being posted here in general. In this case, I happen to agree that it is very suspect that this Boeing whistleblower died under such mysterious circumstances despite evidence that he was not considering suicide. But I see you posting this Mario Nawfal "SIREN, BREAKING, it's all a conspiracy" content here, and I honestly don't want that stuff on the site outside of the Politics section.

If you're going to post your kooky "news" with sirens and right-wing crud, it should be in Politics. Even if they're posting about something that is not overtly political. I think I'd say the same if it were, say, somebody posting a bunch of Maddow links about her theories about Tesla or about solar power or whatever. It just feels like it's in that partisan / politics zone to me.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Political would mean the kids were Dem or Cons or something we might disagree on. These kids have no idea about politics. I think we all agree that 11 year olds shouldn’t be robbing banks.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:09 pm
Political would mean the kids were Dem or Cons or something we might disagree on. These kids have no idea about politics. I think we all agree that 11 year olds shouldn’t be robbing banks.
Marty was talking about the eclipse conspiracy.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Oh, I’m sure the country will totally collapse after that because of Biden and Trump looking directly into the Sun.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Not sure where to put this. Sorry Mori, not your favorite X account. Does it make it fake news? Were his mansions not raided?

TOO

Post by TOO »

There's been rumors about this dude being a weirdo for 20 years.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Diddy's 'drug mule' arrested at Miami Airport at same time rapper's sons were put in cuffs during raids on his mansions
  • Brendan Paul, 25, was arrested at Miami Opa-Locka Airport 4.30pm on Monday
  • He is accused in a lawsuit of procuring drugs for Diddy and associates
  • Lawsuit by Rodney 'Lil Rod' Jones is one of five against Diddy since November

By NIC WHITE and BEN ASHFORD FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 12:51 EDT, 26 March 2024 | UPDATED: 15:56 EDT, 26 March 2024
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... house.html

A man accused of being Diddy's 'drug mule' was arrested trying to board at the same time the rapper's mansion was raided by police.

Brendan Paul, 25, was arrested by Miami-Dade Police, alongside Homeland Security agents, at Opa-Locka Airport in Miami about 4.30pm on Monday.

Federal agents raided Diddy's homes in Los Angeles and Miami the same day as part of a sex trafficking investigation and detained two of his sons.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Just waiting for the Epstein connection to Diddy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:58 am
In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:25 am
It's a weird one. It doesn't directly relate to any political issue. But I do not like conspiracy theory content being posted here in general. In this case, I happen to agree that it is very suspect that this Boeing whistleblower died under such mysterious circumstances despite evidence that he was not considering suicide. But I see you posting this Mario Nawfal "SIREN, BREAKING, it's all a conspiracy" content here, and I honestly don't want that stuff on the site outside of the Politics section.

If you're going to post your kooky "news" with sirens and right-wing crud, it should be in Politics. Even if they're posting about something that is not overtly political. I think I'd say the same if it were, say, somebody posting a bunch of Maddow links about her theories about Tesla or about solar power or whatever. It just feels like it's in that partisan / politics zone to me.
Where would I put things about the Eclipse in the Politics section? Should there be a new topic?