Miscellaneous Stuff From the Weird, Wild, and Wacky and Sometimes Disturbing

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Mori Chu

Re: Miscellaneous Stuff From the Weird, Wild, and Wacky and Sometimes Disturbing

Post by Mori Chu »

You don't need to move discussions about an eclipse into Politics. It can be here. But I think Mario Nawfal should be confined to Politics.

In2ition

Re: Miscellaneous Stuff From the Weird, Wild, and Wacky and Sometimes Disturbing

Post by In2ition »

This could be added to the marriage and children section, but could have been a disaster. Mori won't like that it's from Mario though.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Possessed’ murder suspect ‘ate man’s face, eyeball and ear’ after killing him
https://metro.co.uk/2024/05/01/possesse ... ated-posts

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That reminded me of this story I read this past week.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Good thing this isn't a thing in Phoenix.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

I call that mid day July here…. 😂

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Has anyone heard of the massive solar flares that are heading our way? Supposedly, we could have power outages throughout the US and elsewhere. Could be hitting at anytime today, into tonight and this weekend.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nope. Pretty sure we have different news sources though. Sounds like fear mongering.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"Severe" solar storm could bring Northern Lights to U.S. this weekend

Rebecca Falconer
https://www.axios.com/2024/05/10/severe ... ern-lights
The Sun has been emitting "strong" solar flares of high-energy radiation, raising the possibility of communications disruptions but also that the Northern Lights could be seen across parts of the U.S. from Friday evening.

The big picture: That's according to NOAA, which issued a "very rare" Severe (G4) Geomagnetic Storm Watch — the first such alert in 19 years.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Severe" solar storm could bring Northern Lights to U.S. this weekend
Severe in quotes. Northern Lights could be cool. I'll keep my eyes out.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have heard of this. Have heard this same thing advertised a bunch of times in the past and reminds me of y2k, all hype.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yeah, I've heard of these in the past, but they never turn into anything. This one is supposedly bigger and with 6 corona mass ejections on top of each other. So, idk. Probably nothing to worry about.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Looks pretty cool.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO

Post by TOO »

That's pretty neat

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Sweet! Maybe I’ll get super powers.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It could happen.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ooh. Invisibility for me, please.

"Be Legendary."