DBacks!

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

DBacks!

Post by Superbone »

As I said in the Suns forum, I’m a one sport guy but I do follow the hometown teams in the postseason and the DBacks are off to a great start. I say this as the Brewers load the bases with only one out but the DBacks have been fun to watch in this Wildcard series thus far. I’ll be watching their run.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Re: DBacks!

Post by Superbone »

Wow! They got out our it! 5-2 DBacks still, going to the top of the 9th.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yesterday was the first game I’ve watched all year…I’ve followed along with their season though. Been two really good games! It’s fun to have the Dbacks relevant

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:52 pm
Yesterday was the first game I’ve watched all year…I’ve followed along with their season though. Been two really good games! It’s fun to have the Dbacks relevant
Same! :D Except for the following along with their season part. :lol:
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

On to face the biggest pricks in baseball!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:16 pm
Didn’t turn out too well last time.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Fun fact: the Dbacks have never gone more than 6 years between playoff (and NLDS) appearances. But yeah we got swept 6 years ago. Hopefully this time we can BEAT LA!
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

carey wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:16 pm
Dodgers fans around here go in the same bucket as Lakers fans, for me. Really, most of the people who root for one root for the other. Might as well just root for the Sith, while you're at it.

Although ... if it came down to Dodgers vs Astros, I'd reluctantly have to pull for L.A. ... cheaters are even worse than pricks.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Watched game two playing at a sports bar. I heard them cheer and thought it was for me. It wasn’t. 😎

Have been a one sport guy like Superbone for awhile. I used to be into football and baseball too. I’ll cheer the home team in the playoffs and if they go all the way I will say I was a lifelong fan.🤓

Split T

Post by Split T »

The Dbacks 2001 World Series win was an awesome fan moment! I’m nowhere near the baseball fan I was back then, but it’d be cool! That suns title is really gonna hit though!

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Split T wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:26 pm
The Dbacks 2001 World Series win was an awesome fan moment! I’m nowhere near the baseball fan I was back then, but it’d be cool! That suns title is really gonna hit though!
Was so much fun….i was lucky enough to go to game 1 of the 2001 World Series. I’d love to go to a suns finals game but damn things were so much more affordable back then. 😂 I remember checking during the 2021 finals run… yowzers it was pricey.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:49 pm
Split T wrote:
Was so much fun….i was lucky enough to go to game 1 of the 2001 World Series. I’d love to go to a suns finals game but damn things were so much more affordable back then. 😂 I remember checking during the 2021 finals run… yowzers it was pricey.
I crossed that off my bucket list for a pretty penny!
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:35 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:49 pm
Split T wrote:
I crossed that off my bucket list for a pretty penny!
Very cool... If they make another run this year I might be able to swing it this time.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Split T wrote:
I was doing a gig at The Different Point of View overlooking downtown Phoenix. We finished the gig and as I was loading up had the game on. As I pulled out to start my drive down the hill the D-Backs scored the winning run and I got a great view of the fireworks coming out of the stadium. It was like I was almost there. I played in a band along the parade route when they did their victory parade later on. I was happy and pissed off. Happy that the D-Backs won but, pissed off that they were a brand new team that already had a Championship while my real team the Suns still didn’t have one and they have been trying for many decades.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:05 am
Split T wrote:
I was doing a gig at The Different Point of View overlooking downtown Phoenix. We finished the gig and as I was loading up had the game on. As I pulled out to start my drive down the hill the D-Backs scored the winning run and I got a great view of the fireworks coming out of the stadium. It was like I was almost there. I played in a band along the parade route when they did their victory parade later on. I was happy and pissed off. Happy that the D-Backs won but, pissed off that they were a brand new team that already had a Championship while my real team the Suns still didn’t have one and they have been trying for many decades.
I was in my 2nd year in San Diego watching from the comfort of my home. Agreed that was a little bittersweet that Colangelo's DBacks won the World Series before Colangelo's much longer historied Suns. Still, it was great to see and celebrate. I was happy for my dad who was a life-long Cubs fan who had become a DBacks fan when they came to town. At least he had that as he passed away a couple years before the Cubs finally won again in 2016.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

This game is fun too!

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

9-0 Dbacks after the second inning. No-doubt Hall of Famer Clayton Kershaw started for the home team, got one out and gave up six runs. I don't math that great, but I don't think that's very good.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I hear he’s probably not healthy and sounds like this might be the beginning of the end for his career

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Man, did the DBacks smack around Kershaw and the Dodgers or what?!
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Hope we didn’t make them mad!
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.