Video Games

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Indy

Re: Video Games

Post by Indy »

Then I can't speak to that. I don't think I have played a single player FPS in 5-6 years.

pickle

Post by pickle »

i should've checked for a gaming thread before making my post... deleted the new topic and moved the content here.

-----
personally i'm not a huge gaming fanatic. the only one i do play on a consistent basis is the nba2k series. i feel like, besides providing some entertainment value, it has also helped me understand the game of basketball better, particularly the concepts of spacing.

but i wanted to talk about 2k15 a little bit, if anyone else has played or is interested in this particular version. i got my hands on it last friday and put about 8 hours into it over the weekend (i suspect i won't have chunks of time on video games much in the future, but i digress).

pros: 2k15 has made some improvements on game mechanics that really bothered me in 2k14. it has taken away some stuff you can do in-game that don't make a lot of sense in real life. for instance the offense catches and takes advantage of missed defensive assignments much quicker now which makes gambling on defense a much less lucrative enterprise. i'm sure there are other things i'm not counting but these stand out.

cons: the nba2k franchise has a very set way of rotations and minute assignments in the my career mode. i created a sf that got drafted by the suns, and i was really looking forward to it. but the 3 pg lineup that we currently run in the real league is obviously being ignored by the game developers who insist on the same fixed pg/sg roles. so the suns team in nba2k starts bledsoe and IT3, a back court that stands 6'1 and 5'9, with green/markieff/plumlee up front. my god this team is frustrating. try as i might, the team lost to the lakers because on paper the lakers players had better ratings -- lin, randle, swaggy p, and of course kobe... they are awful in real life, but they are almost neigh unbeatable on nba2k. oh and after 4 games my player is now the 6th man so dragic is given maybe 12 min a game. there's little customization based on each team's tactics, maybe that's to be expected, but it makes the suns team very difficult to play and win with. that and that i'm a crappy video game player with suspect motor skills.

just some random thoughts. overall i quite like this game.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Got Call of Duty Ghosts and Madden 15 this weekend. Ghosts is pretty cool so far even though I'm an old fogey and only playing it single player.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have Ghosts too and only play it in single player. Last time I played the multi player thing it was so humuliating that I started running for a dark room and would just lay down with my gun pointed at the doorway so that anybody that wanted me was going to have to come and get me on my terms.

Indy

Post by Indy »

You guys are funny.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Single player is so repetitive that I can't do it.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Indy wrote:You guys are funny.
Who wants to play with a bunch of smart-alec 12 year olds?!? I get enough of that with my nephews.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Dan H wrote:
Indy wrote:You guys are funny.
Who wants to play with a bunch of smart-alec 12 year olds?!? I get enough of that with my nephews.
Play with friends. That's how I usually do it. On good nights there were 6 of us and we would be on a team all night. Good times. Hell, if you have ghosts on PS4 let me know and we can get a few of us together and play.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have a PS3.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I have that too. Actually I have 13 consoles all hooked up. But I don't have Ghosts for my PS3. I have it for PS4. But I still play Black Ops II regularly on my PS3. Probably play Thursday and Friday night.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

13 consoles!

I don't play a lot of PS3 anymore, but every time a Call of Duty comes out and I have to buy it and play it through on easy and medium before moving on. Wasn't Call of Duty the WWII chain too? I currently have MW2, MW3, Black Ops II and Ghosts.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, 13. And I'm lacking all the Sega stuff.

I have had then all except World at War since COD 2. But the first few were on Xbox 360 for me. If there are others on PS3 for BO 2 we should form a clan and play.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That would be fun.

I am still a WOW fan and play Clash of Clans on my iPad.

carey

Post by carey »

Nodack wrote:That would be fun.

I am still a WOW fan and play Clash of Clans on my iPad.
Are you playing WoW now? I'm enjoying the heck out of the new expansion. I'm on Emerald Dream, Alliance side, Rouler is my name. You can search my email for battlenet ID.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I alread have 3 level 100s and a 98. I am a Horde player on Dunemaul. Before the expansion I had 10 level 90s. My favorite toon is my mage Arcania. He is my avatar here.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They changed a lot of things with this last expansion. I don't even know how to make a bandage now. The new garrison thing is a little different. Still have a lot to figure out. They also keep changing the spells and rotations. I keep having to relearn how to play.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

just bought the xbone.. picked up forza5, master chief collection and sunset overdrive.. any other xbox exclusive games worth looking into? anything cross console i'll get on ps4 or PC so just xbox stuff only.
~~~~~

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

DrSublime wrote:just bought the xbone.. picked up forza5, master chief collection and sunset overdrive.. any other xbox exclusive games worth looking into? anything cross console i'll get on ps4 or PC so just xbox stuff only.
Out of curiosity, why are you opposed to playing a cross-platform game on Xbox? I understand a preference to play some games on PC vs console (and vice versa), due to the controls, but not so much PS vs Xbox. Or did you pick it up specifically for those games you list above, which would make sense (though not answer my question)?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Anyone play Assassin's Creed Unity on XB1?

I'm looking for some people to do the co-op missions with.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

I dig pro wrestling so the WWE games are up my alley. I think the best games were WWE '13 & WWE 2k14.

2k15 is two steps back though. I don't like it at all.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !