Video Games

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
DrSublime

Video Games

Post by DrSublime »

We need a gaming topic.
~~~~~

DrSublime

Re: Video Games

Post by DrSublime »

that out of the way, anyone play MLB The Show? (PS4)

If you do and you have not downloaded my CAPS/Roster file from the vault go do it now, you will not be disappointed, I promise.

Then add me on PSN :)

my name here is the same everywhere
~~~~~

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

GTAV and Skyrim take up most of my gaming time theses days.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

DrSublime wrote:that out of the way, anyone play MLB The Show? (PS4)
I'm a little bored with it. ;) 8-)
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:GTAV and Skyrim take up most of my gaming time theses days.
I got about half way through GTAV on PS3 but I think I'm going to wait for the PS4 version to finish it. Fantastic game and the first time I've really gotten into GTA. The upgraded graphics look fantastic from what I've seen.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

downloading the destiny beta, w00t
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:downloading the destiny beta, w00t
doing this now as well, that platform are you on ? I'm on PS4
~~~~~

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ps4 as well, fun game, gets repetitive quickly

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I just bought a Xbox One recently (sorry 'bone) and the only game I play is FIFA14. I really dislike what EA does ethically with many of their sports games, but I'm freaking hooked on it anyway.

I started a manager career with Everton on Legendary difficulty (the highest) and was canned after about 10 or 12 games. :lol: I moved on to take over at Crystal Palace, and I'm finally starting to get a better feel for how the player movement is different from the 360 version. I just pulled off a shocker by beating Manchester City 1-0 in the second round of the FA Cup! :o
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Xbone? :[

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yup, XB1. Based on my research there isn't much of a difference in performance that I would actually notice, and pretty much everyone I know uses Xbox.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Yup, XB1. Based on my research there isn't much of a difference in performance that I would actually notice, and pretty much everyone I know uses Xbox.
not to nitpick but your research is false, w/ everything M$ is trying to do w/ the xbox one its very much inferior to the ps4 in terms of being a gaming device, though its different, its a all in one media devise.
The PS4 is a gaming device first and foremost, and its hardware is dedicated to this, where as the xbone's hardware is split so they can monetize in more area's.

I used to prefer 360 over PS3 so I'm not a sony fanboy, but the ps4 is by a large margin just better for gaming.

that said, a well built PC is even better than that :)
~~~~~

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

You're probably right. The point I was trying to make is that I'm not educated enough, nor do I really care to be, about how these consoles operate to notice the graphics or performance differences between the two. I wasn't saying that my "research" was valid or not, just that the technology has become so advanced to me that I'm more comfortable with using the more familiar product.

I realize that the PS4 is a better console for gaming, but I actually want an all-in-one media device. So it ends up being a better fit for me in addition to the majority of people I know also use the XB1/360.

TOO

Post by TOO »

DrSublime wrote:
You enjoy it? I've played the piss out of it since the d/l.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:You're probably right. The point I was trying to make is that I'm not educated enough, nor do I really care to be, about how these consoles operate to notice the graphics or performance differences between the two. I wasn't saying that my "research" was valid or not, just that the technology has become so advanced to me that I'm more comfortable with using the more familiar product.

I realize that the PS4 is a better console for gaming, but I actually want an all-in-one media device. So it ends up being a better fit for me in addition to the majority of people I know also use the XB1/360.
that's perfect for you then, and you are M$'s target market, if you want an all in one devise the xbox one is perfect.

I had both pre-ordered initially but cancelled the xbox one, will probably only buy one when Halo 5 comes out
~~~~~

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
DrSublime wrote:
You enjoy it? I've played the piss out of it since the d/l.
love it, played the Alpha as well (max'd out all three classes then)
~~~~~

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm a Nintendo guy. I have a Wii U and I play Mario Kart 8 a lot lately. It's lots of fun. Nintendo doesn't have nearly as many "AAA" titles as they used to have, but they still can put out games that give me many hours of fun.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Always and forever will buy a Nintendo console for the sole purpose of playing Zelda.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:GTAV and Skyrim take up most of my gaming time theses days.
I got about half way through GTAV on PS3 but I think I'm going to wait for the PS4 version to finish it. Fantastic game and the first time I've really gotten into GTA. The upgraded graphics look fantastic from what I've seen.
Yep, totally agree with your plan. I kept telling my PS4 friends who wanted to just buy the PS3 version just to wait for the PS4 version because it was gonna be so much more awesome and it looks like that will be the case.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Tactical_Thumbs if anyone wants to add me on ps4