The rest of the story

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
SwingMan

The rest of the story

Post by SwingMan »

I love how carey is not held to the same standard - it was only after he lashed out at Aztec Sunsfan that I stepped in. I'd like to share a little PM exchange between carey and I from Saturday after the initial thread was locked :
carey wrote:
SwingMan wrote:Subject: SUNS 2014: Free Agency
carey wrote:Until I get a full apology from Swingman for making this whole thing up about me deleting what I wrote I will not post here again.
Fine, leave - just don't be a bitch and blame it on me.

If any apologies are owed, it'd better come from you towards AS for attacking him in the first place.
He still can't fucking read. You on the other hand are just a cock sucker and I have an inbox full of PMs agreeing with me. Asshole.
As for AIG, there's history there that you, Mori, either have overlooked, forgotten about or flat ignored - when some sonofabitch calls my mother a "disease-infested c***", the fuck has forever gone past the point of civility and forgiveness.

There were 2 people concerned in the "offended" department - that's it. Unbelievable that you'd take the side of the instigator (carey), Mori - by protecting him, you're enabling moderator abuse and setting one hell of a slippery precedent, IMO.

Phoenix219

Re: The rest of the story

Post by Phoenix219 »

So carey's not even apologetic about the way he spazzed on Aztec, one of the most absolutely level headed and civil posters on here, and still completely missed the point that started the entire argument, which is that HE was making complete assumptions about things, but got mad when other people made opposing assumptions... I doubt even *one* NBA player thinks (the thing that we were arguing about.)

i love carey for the basketball discussion, but you can't act like that on one hand and play victim on the other. It doesn't work like that. It isn't the first time he's jumped on other people with profanity and attitude. But honestly? who cares - it was never a bannable offense at the old site, or I would have been yelled at for clashing with TOO when he first arrived at the old board.

And, as mods, we should be above this type of thing, PERIOD. Clench teeth and move on.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

I stand up for my actions, and I can talk all day, even on a semantic level, without needing to insult people as a way to keep up with the discusion.

Still, it seems there are other considerations like "seniority" that render useless whatever my point could be regarding this issue, thus resulting on banning for the defender instead of the offender, not to mention zero considerations for the actual victims, as much as I dislikes to consider myself one. Unless I see otherwise, I have no need nor interest for interaction around here. The longest the banning goes on, the longest I would convince myself this is not the place I want to be.

This is kind of the local bar, they can have preferred costumers, but I can take my business somewhere else if I'm being disrepected for one of them and get no atention from management. Anyway, maybe the board will be more "watchable" without my posting and encourages more blue-eyed traffic with only high leveled reading comprehension posters around.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Thing is, carey didn't "miss" that fact, 219 - he ignored it to help cast himself in a better light and, likely, most of the rest of the moderators took his word. I do know that the thread wasn't read objectively or completely, otherwise that fact would've been apparent. For evidence of that, you need to look no further than the following in Mori's initial post in the "fallout" thread :
He lashed out at several other posters without any provocation whatsoever.
(love how one in AIG turns into "several" - and all I did was calling the lying race-baiter out for posting hearsay as fact)

.....as well as what Superbone (and AIG apologist who's falsely accused me of racism in the recent past) said in the same thread :
I'm pretty sure preemptive strikes isn't part of the Golden Rule.
.....knowing full well the history, keeps ignoring it due to partisanship.

As for AIG, I've stated my reasons for the above and have PMed him regarding the matter - I can forgive, but I sure as fuck am not forgetting.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SwingMan wrote:.....as well as what Superbone (and AIG apologist who's falsely accused me of racism in the recent past) said in the same thread :

As for AIG, I've stated my reasons for the above and have PMed him regarding the matter - I can forgive, but I sure as fuck am not forgetting.
History has nothing to do with the Golden Rule. AIG offered an olive branch and that's how you respond?

Swing, I used to be one of your biggest fans but you have been so full of hate and vitriol for the last couple of years that I can only assume that things are not going well in your personal life and I think I saw you allude to that recently. For that I am sorry and I hope it turns around soon. Take care.
"Be Legendary."

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:I stand up for my actions, and I can talk all day, even on a semantic level, without needing to insult people as a way to keep up with the discusion.

Still, it seems there are other considerations like "seniority" that render useless whatever my point could be regarding this issue, thus resulting on banning for the defender instead of the offender, not to mention zero considerations for the actual victims, as much as I dislikes to consider myself one. Unless I see otherwise, I have no need nor interest for interaction around here. The longest the banning goes on, the longest I would convince myself this is not the place I want to be.

This is kind of the local bar, they can have preferred costumers, but I can take my business somewhere else if I'm being disrepected for one of them and get no atention from management. Anyway, maybe the board will be more "watchable" without my posting and encourages more blue-eyed traffic with only high leveled reading comprehension posters around.
I really hope that yo don't choose to go somewhere else.... as you said, like a local bar, you can just find the people you enjoy participating in conversations with, and just stick to your corner. You're welcome to stick around down here with us. I know I don't want you going anywhere.

btw, it still amazes me that you can do all of this while practicing your *second* language... :D

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I think that the AIG component of this issue should have been removed from decision making. This was an issue involving me, carey, aztec and swing. Given the history, that only Swing and AIG fully understand, I am quite willing to except that from the scenario and let their baggage be their own. When removing that from the equation, what Swing did was *tame.*

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Phoenix219 wrote:I think that the AIG component of this issue should have been removed from decision making. This was an issue involving me, carey, aztec and swing. Given the history, that only Swing and AIG fully understand, I am quite willing to except that from the scenario and let their baggage be their own. When removing that from the equation, what Swing did was *tame.*
It can't because 'Bone sided with AIG after he called my mother that horrible name - even if the other mods took it out, 'Bone won't because he's a solid AIG apologist.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Superbone wrote:
SwingMan wrote:.....as well as what Superbone (and AIG apologist who's falsely accused me of racism in the recent past) said in the same thread :

History has nothing to do with the Golden Rule. AIG offered an olive branch and that's how you respond?

Swing, I used to be one of your biggest fans but you have been so full of hate and vitriol for the last couple of years that I can only assume that things are not going well in your personal life and I think I saw you allude to that recently. For that I am sorry and I hope it turns around soon. Take care.
Hollow, 'Bone - all hollow.

How's about I call your mother a 'disease-infested c***' and then ask that you ignore it.....

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Swing, I've been trying to keep this civil between us. I've continued to offer my apologies and ask that we both be civil towards one another going forward (via PM). If you can't ever forgive and forget, I understand. What was said in the past was said during some very heated confrontations between both of us on the old .net board. I don't deny saying what you've put in the above posts. All I can do is move on past that and not revert to those types of attacks again, no matter how heated the discussion. I've grown and I'll own up to saying some things in the past that I regret. Again, I'm not asking that you apologize for continuing to push the old topic at hand into the limelight regardless of me not saying anything negative about you. I just ask that you move on from it and we treat each other civil, to the best of our abilities, going forward.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Forgiving doesn't mean forgetting. When insults hit below the belt, some times it can be hard to let go of. I think this is a fair balance to try to meet in the middle... moving passed something doesn't mean that you forget it happened. I guess there are just certain topics that some of us should choose to refrain from talking about with each other. Hopefully we can find that balance.

I can cosign this 100%, AIG. Maybe a rare moment where we all can agree?

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

AmareIsGod wrote:Swing, I've been trying to keep this civil between us. I've continued to offer my apologies and ask that we both be civil towards one another going forward (via PM). If you can't ever forgive and forget, I understand. What was said in the past was said during some very heated confrontations between both of us on the old .net board. I don't deny saying what you've put in the above posts. All I can do is move on past that and not revert to those types of attacks again, no matter how heated the discussion. I've grown and I'll own up to saying some things in the past that I regret. Again, I'm not asking that you apologize for continuing to push the old topic at hand into the limelight regardless of me not saying anything negative about you. I just ask that you move on from it and we treat each other civil, to the best of our abilities, going forward.
I've said what I need to say via PM - end of story.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I'll keep the PM's just that then. Private messages and not share them here. It's unfortunate that you've chose then to not want to be civil going forward. I guess I'll just avoid addressing you altogether then since you've let me know that you'll continue to address me as you have as of late. It's a shame but it's your choice so I'll respect that.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

AmareIsGod wrote:I'll keep the PM's just that then. Private messages and not share them here. It's unfortunate that you've chose then to not want to be civil going forward. I guess I'll just avoid addressing you altogether then since you've let me know that you'll continue to address me as you have as of late. It's a shame but it's your choice so I'll respect that.

Never stopped you on the old board when it served your purpose - why should I believe you now? :lol:

Whatever, I'm done with you.....

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Actions speak louder then words... Its a new board and a new day. To quote another...

Let Us Proceed...

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

do we really need another drama thread? can't we let this go already?

leave your purses w/ your wives fella's.
~~~~~

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Little late to the party, aren't you Sub?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Swing,

I mostly wrote my thoughts in the other thread in the Suns/NBA area. I guess what I'll add in this thread is:

* Yes, that is a rude PM that you quoted from carey. But PMs are supposed to be just that: private. If you don't like talking to carey, put him on Ignore or something. Posting somebody's PMs in a thread strikes me as kind of bush league. They are called private messages for a reason. I am actually a lot less bothered by something rude that somebody says to someone else in a PM than if it's said in the public forum, out there for everyone to see and making everybody else's experience unpleasant. I expect carey to be a decent guy in the threads since he's a mod, but I don't care nearly as much what he sends in PMs. If it truly got out of hand, maybe, but I don't think this is over that line.

* I know you and AIG have history. But he wrote you a lengthy, heartfelt message of apology. I honestly don't know how it could possibly have been more conciliatory and decent. And you summarily rejected it. It makes me sad because I have to hope that people can eventually let old bad blood go and let bygones be bygones. People grow and change over time; lord knows I have. I was making crude posts and putting dildos in Frank Johnson's hand back in the day. I'm almost 35 now; I'm not the same kid any more. AIG is a young dude and he wrote you quite a nice mea culpa, admitting that he had done you wrong, saying that he's grown and changed since then, and sincerely wanting to make amends. You will rarely get better than that in your life from an old foe. I wish you'd have reacted differently to it.

* Despite all of the above, I consider the current ban situation a temporary necessity and hope we can get back to normal soon. I still feel that if anybody has a problem with anybody, the Ignore list is a good way to avoid having to deal with them.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:Swing,

I mostly wrote my thoughts in the other thread in the Suns/NBA area. I guess what I'll add in this thread is:

* Yes, that is a rude PM that you quoted from carey. But PMs are supposed to be just that: private. If you don't like talking to carey, put him on Ignore or something. Posting somebody's PMs in a thread strikes me as kind of bush league. They are called private messages for a reason. I am actually a lot less bothered by something rude that somebody says to someone else in a PM than if it's said in the public forum, out there for everyone to see and making everybody else's experience unpleasant. I expect carey to be a decent guy in the threads since he's a mod, but I don't care nearly as much what he sends in PMs. If it truly got out of hand, maybe, but I don't think this is over that line.

* I know you and AIG have history. But he wrote you a lengthy, heartfelt message of apology. I honestly don't know how it could possibly have been more conciliatory and decent. And you summarily rejected it. It makes me sad because I have to hope that people can eventually let old bad blood go and let bygones be bygones. People grow and change over time; lord knows I have. I was making crude posts and putting dildos in Frank Johnson's hand back in the day. I'm almost 35 now; I'm not the same kid any more. AIG is a young dude and he wrote you quite a nice mea culpa, admitting that he had done you wrong, saying that he's grown and changed since then, and sincerely wanting to make amends. You will rarely get better than that in your life from an old foe. I wish you'd have reacted differently to it.

* Despite all of the above, I consider the current ban situation a temporary necessity and hope we can get back to normal soon. I still feel that if anybody has a problem with anybody, the Ignore list is a good way to avoid having to deal with them.
That was the first time I quoted a PM, but, considering carey's 'innocent victim' ploy, I felt it was warranted that his unapologetic remorselessness be exposed. And, what's consistently being glossed over here is that carey was the one who *instigated* the attacks - I only stepped in after carey's "can't fucking read" lob towards Aztec Sunsfan. That's why carey was "piled on" by myself, Phoenix219 and Aztec Sunsfan (though the latter was defending himself) - why was there no sympathy towards myself at the old site when I was regularly piled on by 3-5 people in the Politics section? Uh, no - when you're the instigator, you waived any right to victim status. It's nothing short of hypocritical that carey skates on this - frankly, it reeks of Robert Horry circa 2007.

Concerning AIG, I've done some mulling over that and, while I can find it in my heart to forgive him for his unbelievably offensive personal attacks against me at the old board, know that I cannot and will not ever trust him again - there's absolutely no way I or anyone conceivably could. Fake or not, I accept his apology - but, he'll be on my 'ignore' list in every aspect from here forward. I will not address him in any way under any circumstances and I hope he will do the same. But, know this: If AIG reverts in any way to his old form, I will not just sit back and take it - nor should I be expected to. I realize that people change as we age, but there's also a reason the saying "the more things change, the more things stay the same." exists. I will let bygones be bygones, but I'll always be on-guard concerning AIG and have been for a few years now - in short, the olive branch is accepted, but will be kept beyond arm's reach in my house. No contact whatsoever and everything will be fine.

On a personal note, concerning 2 inquiries whether something's happening with me, yes, there is and has been some bad stuff going on with me recently - it's been one of the top 2 wretched July's on record for me and I'll leave it at that. Let me make it clear: I'm neither looking for sympathy nor trying to justify my conduct - I'm responding to inquiries by both Superbone & Mori and nothing more.

Regarding my conduct, again, I regret that the thread escalated such, but I'm at peace with my own actions towards carey that night - Aztec Sunsfan had neither warranted carey's response nor even had a history on this or the old board to warrant such an attack. Given the chance, I'd respond the same way in the same situation.

On that note, I'll end with this: I've always tried to be civil towards other posters here and live by the Golden Rule, but, for the umpteenth time, I will also respond in kind when rudeness and attacks are lobbed my way.

And, with that, I'm done - honesty is always the best policy and I will await the decision whether I'm to return to regular posting or not. I haven't stuck around for nearly 15 years because I hate this place.....

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

SwingMan wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Swing,

That was the first time I quoted a PM, but, considering carey's 'innocent victim' ploy, I felt it was warranted that his unapologetic remorselessness be exposed. And, what's consistently being glossed over here is that carey was the one who *instigated* the attacks - I only stepped in after carey's "can't fucking read" lob towards Aztec Sunsfan. That's why carey was "piled on" by myself, Phoenix219 and Aztec Sunsfan (though the latter was defending himself) - why was there no sympathy towards myself at the old site when I was regularly piled on by 3-5 people in the Politics section? Uh, no - when you're the instigator, you waived any right to victim status. It's nothing short of hypocritical that carey skates on this - frankly, it reeks of Robert Horry circa 2007.

Concerning AIG, I've done some mulling over that and, while I can find it in my heart to forgive him for his unbelievably offensive personal attacks against me at the old board, know that I cannot and will not ever trust him again - there's absolutely no way I or anyone conceivably could. Fake or not, I accept his apology - but, he'll be on my 'ignore' list in every aspect from here forward. I will not address him in any way under any circumstances and I hope he will do the same. But, know this: If AIG reverts in any way to his old form, I will not just sit back and take it - nor should I be expected to. I realize that people change as we age, but there's also a reason the saying "the more things change, the more things stay the same." exists. I will let bygones be bygones, but I'll always be on-guard concerning AIG and have been for a few years now - in short, the olive branch is accepted, but will be kept beyond arm's reach in my house. No contact whatsoever and everything will be fine.

On a personal note, concerning 2 inquiries whether something's happening with me, yes, there is and has been some bad stuff going on with me recently - it's been one of the top 2 wretched July's on record for me and I'll leave it at that. Let me make it clear: I'm neither looking for sympathy nor trying to justify my conduct - I'm responding to inquiries by both Superbone & Mori and nothing more.

Regarding my conduct, again, I regret that the thread escalated such, but I'm at peace with my own actions towards carey that night - Aztec Sunsfan had neither warranted carey's response nor even had a history on this or the old board to warrant such an attack. Given the chance, I'd respond the same way in the same situation.

On that note, I'll end with this: I've always tried to be civil towards other posters here and live by the Golden Rule, but, for the umpteenth time, I will also respond in kind when rudeness and attacks are lobbed my way.

And, with that, I'm done - honesty is always the best policy and I will await the decision whether I'm to return to regular posting or not. I haven't stuck around for nearly 15 years because I hate this place.....
+1