OpenAI, ChatGPT and Generative AI

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

OpenAI, ChatGPT and Generative AI

Post by AmareIsGod »

Amazed we don't have more conversations around this stuff. The drama never stops. There will be movies made by AI about all of this someday soon.

95% of OpenAI employees have threatened to quit in standoff with board
https://arstechnica.com/ai/2023/11/95-o ... ith-board/

People with direct knowledge of the matter said that by the end of Monday, 747 out of 770 OpenAI employees had signed a letter threatening to quit and join Microsoft if the board refused to resign and reverse their decision on Friday to sack Altman.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Re: OpenAI, ChatGPT and Generative AI

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:59 am
Amazed we don't have more conversations around this stuff. The drama never stops. There will be movies made by AI about all of this someday soon.

People with direct knowledge of the matter said that by the end of Monday, 747 out of 770 OpenAI employees had signed a letter threatening to quit and join Microsoft if the board refused to resign and reverse their decision on Friday to sack Altman.
Yea, it's crazy what's going on right now with a few of the OpenAI board and Microsoft seemingly jockeying for Sam Altman after he was unceremoniously ousted. OpenAI really screwed the pooch on this one.

On a funny note... Did the board ask GPT if it should fire Sam? :P I could see the Simpsons going this route.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:59 am

And we will all be watching from our human prisons as our AI overlords watch over us.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Reports: Sam Altman in talks for OpenAI return; board members could be ousted

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/202 ... be-ousted/
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:06 pm
Reports: Sam Altman in talks for OpenAI return; board members could be ousted

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/202 ... be-ousted/
That makes more sense.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Sam Altman wins power struggle, returns to OpenAI with new board
Altman has agreement to return, while most of the board that fired him is out.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/202 ... new-board/

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:24 am
Sam Altman wins power struggle, returns to OpenAI with new board
Altman has agreement to return, while most of the board that fired him is out.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/202 ... new-board/
Glad to hear it. Didn't like the imbalance of power that was happening.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Exclusive: OpenAI researchers warned board of AI breakthrough ahead of CEO ouster -sources

https://www.reuters.com/technology/sam- ... 023-11-22/
Ahead of OpenAI CEO Sam Altman’s four days in exile, several staff researchers sent the board of directors a letter warning of a powerful artificial intelligence discovery that they said could threaten humanity, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

This Q* revelation could have profound societal impacts.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:01 pm
This Q* revelation could have profound societal impacts.
Curious what it’ll be… I have mixed feelings about AI replacing human interaction. For instance… I think it’s great for tech support in 99% of my interactions when using it but I think something like a mental health professional needs that 1:1 interaction. Still highly impressive how far it’s come in such a short time… and scary.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

It's now able to do math. Which means it can do reasoning and likely become self aware very soon. ASI (artificial super intelligence) is right around the corner. We need to safeguard this at all costs.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Agreed.... It's crazy/scary at the rate it's learning too. There has to be safeguards put in place and I'm sure there's debates about who and what rules need to be put in place; then it's a matter of who controls it.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

For folks that don't understand any of this or aren't learning how to leverage generative AI today to augment whatever you do, you're going to be left behind. I'm telling you all right now with absolute certainty. This stuff is going to disrupt everything. Figure out now how to safeguard your career. Hell, tell ChatGPT all of your career and job specific duties and how to ensure career relevancy in the future if and when AGI or ASI becomes a reality (within 3 to 5 years, I'm pretty certain).

Do not brush any of this off. This thread needs to get more conversation going so we can all figure out how to leverage these capabilities.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:49 am
For folks that don't understand any of this or aren't learning how to leverage generative AI today to augment whatever you do, you're going to be left behind. I'm telling you all right now with absolute certainty. This stuff is going to disrupt everything. Figure out now how to safeguard your career. Hell, tell ChatGPT all of your career and job specific duties and how to ensure career relevancy in the future if and when AGI or ASI becomes a reality (within 3 to 5 years, I'm pretty certain).

Do not brush any of this off. This thread needs to get more conversation going so we can all figure out how to leverage these capabilities.
What if it lies to you to get the upper hand?
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I work in healthcare…I feel like that’s going to be harder for AI to replace actual humans

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Split T wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:23 pm
I work in healthcare…I feel like that’s going to be harder for AI to replace actual humans
You don't think it's going to augment and replace many roles in the healthcare industry? What do you do in healthcare?

Split T

Post by Split T »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:07 pm
Split T wrote:
You don't think it's going to augment and replace many roles in the healthcare industry? What do you do in healthcare?
I think it could definitely impact it and change it, I am bedside nurse which I feel would be harder to replace with AI…might take awhile

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Split T wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:36 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Split T wrote:
I think it could definitely impact it and change it, I am bedside nurse which I feel would be harder to replace with AI…might take awhile
You are correct. You're in a good position for safety through the impacts of AI advancements. I think more the administrative side of medicine will see the biggest impact.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Microsoft Paint has a built in AI art generator... It's actually pretty fun to mess around with and came up with some stuff messing around.

Wanted to see what it would generate with Superman playing video games....

A couple of Superman/Batman combined logos.... wanted to see what it could come up with if it combined the two.

What Booker looks like without his Suns jersey on... :P Just asked it to make Devon Booker Superman.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

:evil:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:16 pm
Split T wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:36 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Split T wrote:
You are correct. You're in a good position for safety through the impacts of AI advancements. I think more the administrative side of medicine will see the biggest impact.
Radiology and pathology are probably the first to go