Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Nodack »

A top COVID-19 scientist is being hunted by a far-right sniper who has gone AWOL from the Belgian army
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/a- ... ar-AAKKUDJ
The scientist is not the only person on Coning's hit list who has been provided with enhanced protection. Het Laatste Nieuws reports that a lawyer who worked on his divorce, his ex-wife, and senior military figures involved in disciplining him for his extremist beliefs are also being shielded.

Mosques and refugee centers in the Flemish province of Limburg are also reportedly under tighter security.

Belgian authorities had said that Conings was already on a terrorism watchlist because of his far-right allegiances before he went AWOL, reported Reuters.

When he went missing, he left a note in his barracks expressing his rage at political and scientific elites.

"The so-called political elite and now also the virologists decide how you and I should live," he wrote, reported the Brussels Times. "They sow hatred and frustration, worse than it already was. And no one rebels against that. If you say anything, you will be punished."

Belgian police have launched a huge manhunt for Conings, yet he remains on the run.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nurse’s Attempt To Prove Vaccines Make People Magnetic Hilariously Backfires
“Explain to me why the key sticks to me. It sticks to my neck, too,” RN Joanna Overholt told Ohio lawmakers after an aluminum key failed to stick to her neck.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nurse-jo ... 857050eb07
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:01 pm
Nurse’s Attempt To Prove Vaccines Make People Magnetic Hilariously Backfires
“Explain to me why the key sticks to me. It sticks to my neck, too,” RN Joanna Overholt told Ohio lawmakers after an aluminum key failed to stick to her neck.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nurse-jo ... 857050eb07
what is wrong with people?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Is she stupid/ignorant? Or just dishonest? Do people like this believe their own bullshit? She's a doctor, for Pete's sake (an osteopath).

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Seems that more than a few people are being convinced by numerous videos of people being entirely magnetic or being able to stick magnets to the spot they got the shot. I personally have not been able to see this first hand myself. That was a complete fail by the nurse.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I was doing the spoon on the nose trick 20 years ago.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Honestly if you think a vaccine can make your entire body permanently magnetic, that is embarrassingly stupid. A failing of our educational system and a triumph of disinformation.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:43 pm
Honestly if you think a vaccine can make your entire body permanently magnetic, that is embarrassingly stupid. A failing of our educational system and a triumph of disinformation.
THIS WAS A DOCTOR SAYING IT!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:56 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
An osteopath. Not an MD.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:05 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:56 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
An osteopath. Not an MD.
But still.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This was an interesting conversation.

INVENTOR OF THE MRNA VACCINE EXPOSES THE DANGERS AND THAT FDA KNEW!
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Right a bunch of idiots running politifact know more than these doctors. Lmao

Tell that to all the people who've had adverse effects.
Vaers.gov

Indy

Post by Indy »

:roll:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is a conversation that needs to be had. We should really look at the statistics on these assumptions.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... t-20486808
Herd immunity occurs when a large portion of a community (the herd) becomes immune to a disease, making the spread of disease from person to person unlikely. As a result, the whole community becomes protected — not just those who are immune.

There are two main paths to herd immunity for COVID-19 — infection and vaccines.Health impact. Experts estimate that in the U.S., 70% of the population — more than 200 million people — would have to recover from COVID-19 to halt the pandemic. This number of infections could lead to serious complications and millions of deaths, especially among older people and those who have existing health conditions. The health care system could quickly become overwhelmed.

Herd immunity also can be reached when enough people have been vaccinated against a disease and have developed protective antibodies against future infection. Unlike the natural infection method, vaccines create immunity without causing illness or resulting complications. Using the concept of herd immunity, vaccines have successfully controlled contagious diseases such as smallpox, polio, diphtheria, rubella and many others.

Healthy young people refusing to get the vaccine for no good reason imo are being selfish and are increasing the likelihood that we don't reach herd immunity. They don't want to take the risk or bought into the propaganda. Half of America has been vaccinated. That's not enough. I got Covid and then got both shots. Those people are trying to ride on the backs of everyone else's bravery. Maybe we don't need them and no new variant takes over that renders the vaccines useless or maybe we do and the whole thing get's ruined by a new variant and we start over looking for a new vaccine that stops the new variant as it once again takes hold and we go back to where we were six months ago. I just went through open heart surgery and these guys are too afraid to get a shot.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:46 pm
Healthy young people refusing to get the vaccine for no good reason imo are being selfish and are increasing the likelihood that we don't reach herd immunity. They don't want to take the risk or bought into the propaganda. Half of America has been vaccinated. That's not enough. I got Covid and then got both shots. Those people are trying to ride on the backs of everyone else's bravery. Maybe we don't need them and no new variant takes over that renders the vaccines useless or maybe we do and the whole thing get's ruined by a new variant and we start over looking for a new vaccine that stops the new variant as it once again takes hold and we go back to where we were six months ago. I just went through open heart surgery and these guys are too afraid to get a shot.
I'm sorry, who is being selfish?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:40 am
Nodack wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:46 pm
I'm sorry, who is being selfish?
Let's translate those numbers, shall we (from your article) since, on an island, 500 people with heart inflammation sounds bad.
So far, 484 cases have been reported out of 200 million doses, which means the risk occurs in 0.000242% of young adults
I guess you're right. Young people should stay away. Wouldn't want to take that 0.000242% gamble.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

And even if you are in that 12.6/million doses, it is a minor inflammation that resolves quickly with anti inflammatory meds (ibuprofen).

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:25 pm
And even if you are in that 12.6/million doses, it is a minor inflammation that resolves quickly with anti inflammatory meds (ibuprofen).
Doesn't matter. This is how you sell your narrative. Throw a scary headline at folks and use it to justify your decision making. God forbid you get some scary minor heart inflammation and have to take Tylenol. That vaccine is deadly.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton