Biden Administration misc. activities

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Biden Administration misc. activities

Post by In2ition »

You could own a cannon. So it wasn't true. In fact, you could own a whole warship full of cannons if you so desired.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

to go along with all the people you could buy. makes perfect sense. what a great model of government and guiding light for us to live by.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:37 pm
Perhaps that's the case, but I doubt it. If it's not approved by their clearly biased and compromised sources, it's automatically waved off as misinformation or a Russian planted story.

Case in point. I reported about Hunter's laptop, and all the shit that was on there. It's all true, but since it wasn't reported by the NYT, it was immediately debunked by Dems, Dem media, and Fact checkers(who are merely opinions, per Facebook court testimony), and even the New York Post twitter account was suspended over the story. Well, just because it's not blessed by the high priests of shit libs, doesn't make it untrue. Worshipping false gods, doesn't make them correct. Now, after more than a year, the NYT is starting to come around to admitting what was always true. That Hunter's laptop was real, and hellish. That they and many got manipulated by what their team wants you to know and think.

Same with Ashley's diary, as the FBI confirmed it to be real. Same with many, many stories I posted here. Eventually the truth comes out, and I'm not even asking for mea culpas.

If I thought that only what CNN, MSNBC, NYT, or the Washington Post, reported was true, I would have thought the Covington kid assaulted a Native American elder, or Jussie Smollett was a victim of a hate crime, or the Russians put bounties on the Americans heads in Afghanistan, or Trump cleared out Lafayette Park for a photo op in front of a church, or the Steele Dossier was real, or Epstein was just let off his charges the first time, because he was clearly innocent, or Kyle Rittenhouse took guns over state lines and killed 3 black men in premeditated murder, or I could go on and on.
It's the alt-right playbook - if D's / MSM / liberals do 99 things right and one thing wrong, they're no different to alt-R's / alt-news / conservatives who do 99 things wrong but one thing right.

Balance of probabilities is your friend here, discretion likewise.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

3rdside wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:04 pm
In2ition wrote:
Perhaps that's the case, but I doubt it. If it's not approved by their clearly biased and compromised sources, it's automatically waved off as misinformation or a Russian planted story.

Case in point. I reported about Hunter's laptop, and all the shit that was on there. It's all true, but since it wasn't reported by the NYT, it was immediately debunked by Dems, Dem media, and Fact checkers(who are merely opinions, per Facebook court testimony), and even the New York Post twitter account was suspended over the story. Well, just because it's not blessed by the high priests of shit libs, doesn't make it untrue. Worshipping false gods, doesn't make them correct. Now, after more than a year, the NYT is starting to come around to admitting what was always true. That Hunter's laptop was real, and hellish. That they and many got manipulated by what their team wants you to know and think.

Same with Ashley's diary, as the FBI confirmed it to be real. Same with many, many stories I posted here. Eventually the truth comes out, and I'm not even asking for mea culpas.

If I thought that only what CNN, MSNBC, NYT, or the Washington Post, reported was true, I would have thought the Covington kid assaulted a Native American elder, or Jussie Smollett was a victim of a hate crime, or the Russians put bounties on the Americans heads in Afghanistan, or Trump cleared out Lafayette Park for a photo op in front of a church, or the Steele Dossier was real, or Epstein was just let off his charges the first time, because he was clearly innocent, or Kyle Rittenhouse took guns over state lines and killed 3 black men in premeditated murder, or I could go on and on.
It's the alt-right playbook - if D's / MSM / liberals do 99 things right and one thing wrong, they're no different to alt-R's / alt-news / conservatives who do 99 things wrong but one thing right.

I don't know how to answer this nonsense.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What's going on here?

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

In2ition wrote:
3rdside wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Quack quack

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Fertilizer Prices Jump in North America on Race for Supplies
ByElizabeth Elkin
February 4, 2022, 10:26 AM MST

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ium-europe

North American fertilizer prices rose the most in almost five months this week as a global competition for supplies means farmers could still have a ways to go before seeing relief from high nutrient costs.

The Green Markets North America Fertilizer Price Index jumped 11%, the most since the week ended Sept. 10. India, the world’s largest importer of the popular nitrogen fertilizer urea, is looking to buy product later than usual. That will increase competition for nitrogen in the first quarter of 2022, when the U.S. and Europe are looking to buy, said Alexis Maxwell, an analyst for Bloomberg’s Green Markets.

“India’s seasonally late urea tender firmed a market looking for direction,” she said by email. “Prices rose globally with the U.S. market up $90 per short ton on the news.”

Urea prices in New Orleans rose 10% this week, also the most since September.

Crop nutrient prices have surged to records around the world following an energy crunch that curbed production in Europe, while supplies also face threats from export curbs and trade sanctions. Though prices in the U.S. have dipped off records, they remain high. That’s adding to costs for farmers and prompting some to curb fertilizer usage, threatening to curb crop yields and further raise global food prices that are near a record high.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

In2ition wrote:
3rdside wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Not that I feel too much urge to justify my position but when I talk about MSM above I mean Washington Post, NYT, The Times, The Telegraph, The Guardian, CNN international - these are the papers I read every day.

I also read Fox News every day and various niche sources whenever a decent article pops up e.g. The Atlantic, The New Yorker, The Economist as well as subscribe to sub stacks like John Hulsman,

Twitter commentary is also a good source of insight, reading lots of people from the centre ground as well as rabid lefty’s like Seth Abramson and rabid righty’s like Paul J Watson and Ben Shapiro. I’m a just right of centre centrist (https://www.politicalcompass.org/test) and don’t love any of those guys at the extremes but I still read them for balance.

These outlets and individuals (and not really including those mentioned Twitter accounts) have built up a reputation over time but, surprise surprise, they’re not infallible, which is why I read as much as I can to triangulate a view point.

In your support, you’re not wrong that MSNBC and CNN USA verge on being as bad as FOX news from time to time - I’m currently watching a few of Russell Brand’s YouTube video analysis on this (he’s kooky but does raise great points all the same).

Not in your support you seem unable to triangulate, instead continually reverting to proven-to-be-hair-brained sites that you somehow think are the real source of truth because they raised a valid point once, ignoring all the other mind numbing, dumb sh*t garbage they report over and over again.

This is the worst, and most blinkered, form of ignorance there is IMO, so well done for being that guy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

3rdside wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:29 pm
In2ition wrote:
3rdside wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Not that I feel too much urge to justify my position but when I talk about MSM above I mean Washington Post, NYT, The Times, The Telegraph, The Guardian, CNN international - these are the papers I read every day.

I also read Fox News every day and various niche sources whenever a decent article pops up e.g. The Atlantic, The New Yorker, The Economist as well as subscribe to sub stacks like John Hulsman,

Twitter commentary is also a good source of insight, reading lots of people from the centre ground as well as rabid lefty’s like Seth Abramson and rabid righty’s like Paul J Watson and Ben Shapiro. I’m a just right of centre centrist (https://www.politicalcompass.org/test) and don’t love any of those guys at the extremes but I still read them for balance.

These outlets and individuals (and not really including those mentioned Twitter accounts) have built up a reputation over time but, surprise surprise, they’re not infallible, which is why I read as much as I can to triangulate a view point.

In your support, you’re not wrong that MSNBC and CNN USA verge on being as bad as FOX news from time to time - I’m currently watching a few of Russell Brand’s YouTube video analysis on this (he’s kooky but does raise great points all the same).

Not in your support you seem unable to triangulate, instead continually reverting to proven-to-be-hair-brained sites that you somehow think are the real source of truth because they raised a valid point once, ignoring all the other mind numbing, dumb sh*t garbage they report over and over again.

This is the worst, and most blinkered, form of ignorance there is IMO, so well done for being that guy.
Good for you, mate. You probably get a more well rounded view of the world than many here. Certainly something to aspire towards.

You're right, no one is infallible, and everyone has holes in their swing somewhere. Although I think Hulsman is a smart guy, I don't find him to be all that in touch with exactly what is going on on the ground in the US, but that doesn't mean it isn't valuable to listen to or read what he has to say.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

For random USA activity then sure, Hulsman isn’t the guy because he lives in Italy, but for insider Washington insight he is absolutely worth listening to as he *was* the establishment before being exiled for speaking out against the Iraq war … and he still fraternises with the establishment when he visits USA, so unless I’m missing something it doesn’t get much more insider than that.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The establishment lives in an establishment bubble, and have no clue what happens outside of it. You talk about triangulating to a small point of view. You can't get more isolated and insulated than that. If you want an establishment pov, he's a great source.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

The irony of thinking that a Washington outsider somehow has a bubble-istic view of the world because said outsider triangulates with insiders.

Fyi, outsiders are not insiders and insiders are not outsiders and, would you believe it, but from two (or more) different camps comes a more balanced, triangulated opinion.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

When he gives you the view, based on his insider contacts within the establishment, and tells you what the establishment thinks, what do you get?

It's not a whole lot different than the establishment pov, but with a view that also comes from living in Italy. That doesn't sound like he has his ear to the ground on what is happening in the US. Just someone that has his ear to the ground on what is happening in DC and what DC thinks and feels. You're welcome to believe that he is the go to on everything that's going on in the US. I just have a different opinion of his opinion and pov.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

By all means carry on referring to @Qmagamanpatriot1776 for the *real* news ;)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mate, that's burner account. Holy cow, how did you know?!?
Last edited by In2ition on Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Because the dude is legit

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Right?!? So righteous, so choice.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oh man. Really? We're posting that kook now? Do you see how far down the looney rabbit hole you Republicans / conservatives all end up going?