Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Nodack »

To be honest what I think was happening is that Ukraine was split between siding with Russia or going the US/NATO route. Russia pulling one way and the US/NATO were pulling their way. The ousted Ukrainian prosecutor was a pro Russia guy. This whole back and forth about which guy was or wasn’t prosecuting who to me is really a fight between Russia and the West. It appears the West won that battle and Putin invaded Ukraine.

What is Hunter Biden’s piece in this puzzle? Was his hiring a gift to Joe Biden? Was Hunter part of a bigger political puzzle? Was he a plant to spy on Barisma? There was definitely some weird corruption stuff happening at Barisma and I suspect some of it had to do with the Russia/West conflict. This is all me speculating and my evidence is as weak as Trumps election fraud evidence.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hmm. This seems like something they would do. In general letting people vote in the primary seems better, but what do I know?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If the Republicans are the ones that are supposed to decide their candidate, it shouldn't be up to Democrats cloaking themselves as Independents. Same goes the other way.

The Dems aren't having a Primary, as expected, and named Biden the nominee(which might not even be a great idea).

It's inevitable that Trump was going to crush Haley, so it doesn't make any sense to continue hemmoraging money in a ridiculous primary. It's over, and Haley should have bowed out. It's the right decision by the RNC if they ultimately decide to do that, imo.

P.S. It's sounding like Trump is going to refuse the declaration by the RNC. That is probably the best move, as they have an expedited suit to the SCOTUS over the Colorado decision. This needs to be heard, and it loses it's ability to be expedited if there are no more Primaries. It makes sense why the RNC was trying to do it now, those sneaky bastards.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Re: Trump 2

Post by Nodack »

Incumbents always get a free pass to the nomination as long as they want the job still. Trump sounds like he has it pretty locked up. I was surprised at how close Haley’s numbers were to Trump the last time. She had over 40% of the vote.

I guess Independents could vote in the primary and in2, you think they were Democrats posing as Republicans to bump her numbers? I don’t subscribe to that point of view. I think first off that there are a lot more people claiming to be independent these days because they are fed up with both party’s. In fact the Dems have been hoping to get Trump instead of Haley from what I understand.

I think right now that the surge in independent voters is a combination of Dems and Cons that have gotten fed up both party’s and with the fighting. I tend to believe they are moderates. Moderate Cons voting Ind now probably voted for Haley imo since she is much more moderate than Maga. Maybe some were ex Dems who voted for Haley. Who knows what % even voted.

I think when the real election happens and the choice is Trump or Biden that most of those Independents are going with Biden since he’s a normal President that still believes in Democracy. Of course it’s just my opinion.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Judge Kaplan Gives Trump Graphic Introduction to Witness Stand: He ‘Inserted His Fingers Into E Jean Carroll’s Vagina’
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/judge-ka ... ls-vagina/
Following a brief recess, Judge Lewis Kaplan asked Trump’s attorney Alina Habba if she had any more witnesses to call to the stand. When Habba responded that the former president intended to testify, Kaplan interrupted her to make a statement.

“I have a few things to say. There was a trial last year about the truth or falsity of Ms. Carroll’s claims. Mr. Trump was listed as a witness but did not testify. The jury found for Ms. Carroll. There are no do-overs, it’s called issue preclusion or collateral estoppel,” Kaplan informed the jury, according to journalist Matthew Russell.

Kaplan added, “The jury found that Mr. Trump inserted his fingers into her vagina. And that Ms. Carroll did not make up her claim. And that Mr. Trump’s June 11 and June 22 statements were defamatory. Now Mr. Trump may not make any argument against this.”

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Concerned White House staff 'called psychiatrist about Trump's mental instability' in 2017
https://www.the-express.com/news/politi ... ican-party
A top psychiatrist claims she received a phone call from White House staff who were worried about Donald Trump's mental health, she tells Daily Express US.

Dr Bandy Lee, a psychiatrist formerly of Yale University, edited a book called 'The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump' which was published in 2017. In it, 27 psychiatrists, psychologists, and other mental health professionals wrote essays explaining their concerns that Trump is mentally unfit for office.

Experts argued in the book that Trump is "too mentally unstable" for office. Dr Lee tells Daily Express US that, in late 2017, she received a warning from White House staff that Trump was showing signs of mental instability.

In2ition

Re: Trump 2

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:54 pm
Incumbents always get a free pass to the nomination as long as they want the job still. Trump sounds like he has it pretty locked up. I was surprised at how close Haley’s numbers were to Trump the last time. She had over 40% of the vote.

I guess Independents could vote in the primary and in2, you think they were Democrats posing as Republicans to bump her numbers? I don’t subscribe to that point of view. I think first off that there are a lot more people claiming to be independent these days because they are fed up with both party’s. In fact the Dems have been hoping to get Trump instead of Haley from what I understand.

I think right now that the surge in independent voters is a combination of Dems and Cons that have gotten fed up both party’s and with the fighting. I tend to believe they are moderates. Moderate Cons voting Ind now probably voted for Haley imo since she is much more moderate than Maga. Maybe some were ex Dems who voted for Haley. Who knows what % even voted.

I think when the real election happens and the choice is Trump or Biden that most of those Independents are going with Biden since he’s a normal President that still believes in Democracy. Of course it’s just my opinion.
You don't buy that Dems voted in the Primary for Haley? They absolutely did, after changing their affiliation to Independant or Undeclared. That's not even disputed. The organization called Primary Pivot claimed at least 4,000 through them alone, and we already know that 70% of Haley's voters weren't Republicans. Ultra-liberal Hanover, NH had just 841 Republican votes in the 2020 general election. Tonight, the same town has 1,472 votes for Nikki Haley. I guess you can believe anything you want to believe.

While I don't totally agree with Charlie Kirk, he does have the video of the interview.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:03 am
Concerned White House staff 'called psychiatrist about Trump's mental instability' in 2017
A top psychiatrist claims she received a phone call from White House staff who were worried about Donald Trump's mental health, she tells Daily Express US.
I'm no defender of Trump nor of his mental health. But even if true, wouldn't this be a pretty blatant violation of doctor/patient confidentiality? Or a breach of ethics for a psychiatrist to disclose calls she got about a potential patient?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2: I'm not sure what those tweets are meant to prove. Of course lots of Dems and Inds voted for Haley; it is well known. What is the issue? It is allowed by their open primary. Charlie ("I don't trust black pilots") Kirk acts like it's a scandal. It's literally the rules of the system NH set up. Don't like it, change the primary system there. Repubs could have done the exact same thing and voted for RFK Jr or Dean Phillips or whomever else.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:51 am
Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:03 am
I'm no defender of Trump nor of his mental health. But even if true, wouldn't this be a pretty blatant violation of doctor/patient confidentiality? Or a breach of ethics for a psychiatrist to disclose calls she got about a potential patient?
I think you are right about this, but no one is going to go after this Dr.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:54 am
In2: I'm not sure what those tweets are meant to prove. Of course lots of Dems and Inds voted for Haley; it is well known. What is the issue? It is allowed by their open primary. Charlie ("I don't trust black pilots") Kirk acts like it's a scandal. It's literally the rules of the system NH set up. Don't like it, change the primary system there. Repubs could have done the exact same thing and voted for RFK Jr or Dean Phillips or whomever else.
I was just trying to show Nodack, as he didn't buy that it happened. That's the only reason for posting Charlie (WTF did he just say) Kirk.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I buy that some people voted for Trump and some voted for Haley and they all had their reasons and I really don’t care why. Not everything is a big conspiracy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Not everything is a conspiracy, except that this organization actually did conspire to do exactly this.

Split T

Post by Split T »

People can use their vote however they want. It’s their vote. In Utah where I live, you can’t vote in the primary elections unless you are registered in that party(well for republicans that is…the democrat party here lets you vote if you are not registered as a democrat). I had a friend a few years back go around and convince people to register as republicans in an attempt to get a specific Republican candidate elected to the House of Representatives. My friend was a democrat but knew no democrat stood a chance in the general election in our specific district, so she put her support in the more moderate Republican. I see nothing wrong with that. She supported the candidate she wanted to win out of the candidates that had a chance.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Do you know what a conspiracy is, in2?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:10 am
Do you know what a conspiracy is, in2?
It's when you ask for chocolate chocolate chip ice cream, but they just give you chocolate chip, right?

All kidding aside, what Primary Pivot did was not a conspiracy.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s when you ask for chocolate chip ice cream and suspect they put cyanide in it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That's a little dark.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

DARK CHOCOLATE

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It looks like the White House medical staff may have been handing out drugs to people extensively during Trump's term?