The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
TOO

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:08 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:59 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:48 am
Nobody likes cruelty to animals.
Or humans.
I wish that were true. But I think actually that much of the current GOP rejoices when their leaders are cruel and hateful toward others. Trump has basically made a brand of crapping on his enemies, and he's celebrated for it.
He doesn't even do a 10th of the hate that comes from the DNC and the blue no matter who crowd does to him and MAGA. All you guys do is hate 24/7, and are completely blind to your hypocrisy.
:shock:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Even Mr. "catturd" is disgusted by the Kristi Noem dog killing story. I really think she's toast in terms of being a veep candidate or other near-term success.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
He doesn't even do a 10th of the hate that comes from the DNC and the blue no matter who crowd does to him and MAGA. All you guys do is hate 24/7, and are completely blind to your hypocrisy.
I don't know what your personal system is for ranking cruel or mean acts, but I personally have never put thousands of immigrant kids into cages nor separated them from their families, so I'd say I'm ahead of Trump.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:16 pm
In2ition wrote:
I don't know what your personal system is for ranking cruel or mean acts, but I personally have never put thousands of immigrant kids into cages nor separated them from their families, so I'd say I'm ahead of Trump.
But I'm sure you've told silly stories, that's way worse.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
In2ition wrote:
It's hard to take you seriously, when you failed to say squat when you found out that the cages were built by Obama, and Biden did the same thing and used those same cages when he came to office. Also, since you are misrepresenting the facts, you should have been honest and talked about how many of the kids weren't even related to their "families". They were being trafficked, which is why the the policy was put into place, to make sure that they were actually related and not being trafficked. But, I guess let's not let the facts get in the way of some good ol' fashion convenient virtue signaling of how wonderful you are. I have yet to see you have any type of outrage for that little 8 yr old that was found with 69 different DNA in her at the border. Yeah, you're so ahead of Trump. Give me a break.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:08 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
In2ition wrote:
But I'm sure you've told silly stories, that's way worse.
Is losing track of 85,000 unaccompanied minors in the first 2 years of the administration better or worse than silly stories?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

More about dead-dog-gate:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

George Santos, who emphatically denied being a drag queen and has been run out of Congress, is apparently now doing drag queen performances for money on Cameo.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

MAGA Hero To Zero': MSNBC Host Predicts Marjorie Taylor Greene's 'Humiliating' Fall
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 81ea&ei=25
“There’s always been a certain level of tolerance for MTG among her congressional colleagues,” he said on Saturday. “But now, they are making it known that they are getting sick of her antics.”

“So in just a short timespan, Marjorie Taylor Greene has gone from MAGA hero to zero,” he said. “But she didn’t flame out because of her bigotry, or extremism and wild conspiracy theories.”

Her fellow GOP lawmakers and right-wing media had no problem with any of that, he said.

“It’s only when she turned on her own party and threatened their agenda that they decided to put their foot down and actually stand up to her,” he said. “They made their deal with the devil in coddling her. And now, they have to live with it.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Why do so many of these "important people" think they can just break the law at any time?

I remember going to ND for a family reunion years ago and I was driving on the I-94 heading west. The speed limit was 55 on the interstate that was in perfect condition, as they redid the whole thing. It was about 6 pm, clear skies, no wind and I could see 2 miles ahead of me and behind me, as the road was straight as an arrow. I was driving 64 mph on cruise control and no one was within 2 miles from me either direction. I was drivng my brother-in-law's new mini-van and it was an AZ car, so it didn't have a license plate on the front of the vehicle. In ND, they require one on both the front and back. No idea why.

Well, an overzealous county cop sees me from the other side of the interstate and drives into the median ditch and over to my side to pull me over. Of course, he didn't want to give me a warning and I ended up getting a $25 ticket that I couldn't contest, because I was going to be back in AZ. It ended up costing me over $2,000 in raised car insurance. I was super respectful and nice, but he didn't care. He wasn't even being a dick, just wasn't going to just let me go and said that they allow you to go 4 mph above the speed limit. Tbh, I could have driven 100 mph and it would have been fine and without incident. There is letter of the law and then there is spirit of the law. Just seemed silly to me, when you can drive over 85 mph on the I-17 coming down from Flagstaff in driving rain and bumper to bumper traffic without a care in the world that a cop would pull you over. In fact, they would probably pass you. Now, the speed limit on that interstate is 75 mph. Smh.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Dems announce that they'll help protect House Speaker Johnson if GOP tries to oust him, presumably as thanks for helping pass Ukraine / Israel aid:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Crazy times.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

WTF? Baton Rouge LA is allowed to split into two cities according to a new court ruling.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/29/us-news/w ... -own-city/

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL, oh okay. I've heard that Joe Biden is the biggest liar who ever lied. Did Joe Biden make up a meeting with a North Korean dictator?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yeah, that's weird. Why would you do that? Besides, if she was staring you down, you might have conflicting feelings about it, tbh.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

She’s just trying to make herself seem like Presidential material and failing at it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Whoops.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:53 pm
Whoops.

Didn't take long to get drunk with Power.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Tim Scott won't commit to accepting the 2024 election results. He knows another 1/6 style coup is coming. Shit like this should be immediately disqualifying, but nothing matters any more.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Kristi Noem backtracks in interview when confronted about untrue story of meeting Kim Jong Un.