2024 Election

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: 2024 Election

Post by Nodack »

Wikipedia is great. Trump and Maga suck. Of course you don’t believe anything there. You don’t believe anything that doesn’t comes from some random guy on Twitter.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wikipedia also has some random dude create their pages, but they just happen to be far left and push that narrative.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If you say so. A quote from his book is fake now because it was on a non Maga sanctioned web site. Maybe if I put it in an X post you would believe it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You can use whatever you want.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The real question is, what do the Truth Ninja and the News Ape have to say?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If Mori Chu or whatever your or Nodack's pseudo name on twitter is made a good point, would it be ok to post his X/Twitter post?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:49 pm
If Mori Chu or whatever your or Nodack's pseudo name on twitter is made a good point, would it be ok to post his X/Twitter post?
No! Well... maybe if they added sirens.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:55 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:49 pm
No! Well... maybe if they added sirens.
:ugeek:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t have an X account formerly known as Twitter.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I never tweet (xeet), only read. But still, we might make a good point, but it isn't news, and we aren't an authority on anything.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If you speak truth, it doesn't matter if you are considered the authority. What makes an authority the arbiter of truth and the only one that can speak truth or is worthy to be heard? I'm curious, as this is a concept of only those with titles are worthy of any attention, and feels very fuedalistic.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Biden's and Trump's people have been having conversations about having two debates this summer/fall. But they are thinking about doing them outside of the standard debate commission process so that they can set some of their own rules. Weird.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

DEBATE: Biden’s debate challenge to Trump came with fine print:

• No live audience
• RFK Jr. is banned
• Trump’s mic is muted when Biden speaks
• Only hosted by NPR, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, or CBS
• Moderated by Democrat-aligned reporter

But, in his defense, Trump did say, "Anytime and anywhere". So I don't blame him for stacking the deck in his favor.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This has to be a rope-a-dope strategy for Trump to come in overconfident.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Donald Trump is such a weirdo. Why does he thank himself in his own tweet? "Thank you, DJT"? I do think that Biden asking to debate Trump is a smell of weakness. Biden knows it could help him to get him and Trump on TV. He thinks he's less old/decrepit than people realize, and he thinks Trump is more diminished than people realize. He could be right, but he likely wouldn't offer to do these debates if he were up by 8 in the polls. Overall I think it's good for them to do debates; I don't like how the candidates have been dodging them lately. Don't like that they are sidestepping the debate commission but oh well.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 7:57 am

• No live audience
• RFK Jr. is banned

But, in his defense, Trump did say, "Anytime and anywhere". So I don't blame him for stacking the deck in his favor.
Boom, right off the bat. The deck was stacked against him!

No live audience works for me. We aren’t there to listen to Trumps cult heckle Biden all night.

This is about Trump and Biden. RFK is just a side show. Let him debate Hailey. He doesn’t poll high enough to qualify anyway.

Trump muted when Biden speaks should definitely be a prerequisite. Trump cannot shut his pie hole long enough to let anyone else talk and won’t stop even when a moderator tries. Cutting his mic is the only answer. Not your turn. Mute button on. Biden and Trump refused to go through the presidential commission. Biden refused because they have always failed at controlling Trumps impulses to talk over everyone all the time. Your time is up. Mute. You’re done talking now.

They call them moderators, not reporters.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:17 am
Donald Trump is such a weirdo. Why does he thank himself in his own tweet? "Thank you, DJT"? I do think that Biden asking to debate Trump is a smell of weakness. Biden knows it could help him to get him and Trump on TV. He thinks he's less old/decrepit than people realize, and he thinks Trump is more diminished than people realize. He could be right, but he likely wouldn't offer to do these debates if he were up by 8 in the polls. Overall I think it's good for them to do debates; I don't like how the candidates have been dodging them lately. Don't like that they are sidestepping the debate commission but oh well.

Could that be the end of the message and a signature?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:31 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 7:57 am

• No live audience
• RFK Jr. is banned

Boom, right off the bat. The deck was stacked against him!

No live audience works for me. We aren’t there to listen to Trumps cult heckle Biden all night.

This is about Trump and Biden. RFK is just a side show. Let him debate Hailey. He doesn’t poll high enough to qualify anyway.

Trump muted when Biden speaks should definitely be a prerequisite. Trump cannot shut his pie hole long enough to let anyone else talk and won’t stop even when a moderator tries. Cutting his mic is the only answer. Not your turn. Mute button on. Biden and Trump refused to go through the presidential commission. Biden refused because they have always failed at controlling Trumps impulses to talk over everyone all the time. Your time is up. Mute. You’re done talking now.

They call them moderators, not reporters.
This is totally normal? It doesn't favor either side? Interesting takes.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Nothing is normal now.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Billionaire investor Ray Dalio believes the chances of a second American Civil War stand better than one out of three and is urging investors to move part of their assets out of the country.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savinga ... r-BB1muUad
“We are now on the brink,” he told the Financial Times in an interview published on Thursday, estimating the probability of strife erupting at somewhere between 35% to 40%.