Poll: Bernie Sanders would beat Donald Trump

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Poll: Bernie Sanders would beat Donald Trump

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:That is the hope. That maybe some of these younger multimillionaire/billionaires that have some actual life experience being a normal person and earning their fortunes will run for office and try and change things. With Trump, I tend to think a lot of that stuff is an act and he's doing it just to get a reaction. Regardless, it's not actually him that's inspiring but the act of running and not catering to a specific party or special interest group; or, at least, not being forced to.
Did you just say that young billionaires have life experiences of being normal people?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The ones that earned it and created their own empire. Not the ones raised around money who inherited their fortunes.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:The only good thing you can really say about Trump is that maybe his candidacy will help disrupt our shitty governmental system and two-party structure. But I doubt it.
I was thinking the same thing. He is making a mockery of the whole system and I am kind of enjoying it. He doesn't play by anybody's rules and they can't control him. That scares them. The Tea Party was created and soon the GOP lost control over them. Now the Tea Party is Trump's biggest fans. He isn't really a Republican though, but they don't know or don't care. The old guard knows he isn't really a Republican and they are trying to dance around him because he is the leading GOP candidate while simultaneously trying to destroy him. If he was elected I have no idea what he would do and neither does anybody else. That is a scary proposition for all of us. Maybe it's for the best...

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

As much as I hate to admit this... Trump just made more sense than the rest of the Republicans combined.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55caaf56 ... b20bb1c53?
In an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity on Tuesday night, Trump mounted a defense of the women's health provider, noting "they do good things that aren't having to do with abortion."

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Andy (sorry, old habits die hard), did you know you can turn off those annoying ads appended by your phone?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Superbone wrote:Andy (sorry, old habits die hard), did you know you can turn off those annoying ads appended by your phone?
Yeah, but I don't really care much about it right now. :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Superbone wrote:Andy (sorry, old habits die hard), did you know you can turn off those annoying ads appended by your phone?
OK, I fixed it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 to annoy Superbone using Tapatalk

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ghost wrote:
OK, I fixed it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 to annoy Superbone using Tapatalk
Why, you bastard!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

:roll:

- Sent from my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god damn spine!!!!!! (jk)