Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:01 am
Yeah, that's not supposed to be allowed, but it clearly is happening. That's a Big Red Flag and needs to be cleaned up. How can anyone trust it, if it's allowing things that it claims it wasn't going to allow? Like Mori said, these are pains of initial rollouts. Twitter didn't have these problems, as it was an unknown, could grow organically and no one had expectations with experience in it, just hope of what it could become.
"not supposed to be allowed" - Yes, but, in general these platforms just allow you to make an account and pick whatever user name you want. So if you impersonate somebody by making an account name such as @Elon_Musk or @FBI or @POTUS, it just lets you do it. It is hard to maintain a huge block list of names that you shouldn't use. This is especially true if you're a small and growing company. You can claim that your network has strict policies to forbid this kind of thing, but it's almost impossible to automate it away, so you are left with real humans digging through all of the thousands of accounts created per day and all of the many reports and emails coming in complaining, and trying to sort out the answer of which accounts to ban or suspend. It's a lot of work.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Totally agree.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

These accounts were posing as government accounts who endorse Trump. They all even used the official logos of the government agencies they were posing as.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I know that Truth has created placeholder accounts for verified accounts, when they move over to claim them. Such as corporations, and/or people. I remember thinking that I should have bought the website address of companies like SEARS, IBM, Apple.com or what have you. Then you could sell them to those businesses. You could have done the same thing for Twitter accounts early on.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

These are just accounts by ‘someone’ posing as official government entities trying to pretend those agencies are Trump supporters. It sounds like the standard normal fake Trump propaganda like the fake electors.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This just about sums it up:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TRUTH Social? Does the all caps represent sarcasm?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It does for me.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump Jr. suggested ways to overturn 2020 election election in text to Meadows: CNN
https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... adows-cnn/
The network reviewed a text message that was sent from former President Trump’s son to Meadows that was part of correspondence obtained by the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot, according to CNN.
In the text to Meadows on Nov. 5 at 12:51 p.m., Trump Jr. reportedly referred to the idea of having Republican-controlled state Houses put forward “Trump electors.”
The former president’s son also reportedly referenced filing legal challenges to state results and supporting recounts.
“It’s very simple,” Trump Jr. texted Meadows, according to CNN. “We have multiple paths We control them all.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Seems legit and not at all seditious.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Are the walls closing in on him?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:57 pm
Well it seems like you're in luck, because everybody involved in investigating and prosecuting the Trump family seems to soil their diapers when the topic comes up of actually doing anything about it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:06 am
In2ition wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:57 pm
Well it seems like you're in luck, because everybody involved in investigating and prosecuting the Trump family seems to soil their diapers when the topic comes up of actually doing anything about it.
I don't understand why they are so afraid of Trump. I may have missed it, but is there a long list of political opponents that he's killed off or put behind bars that I don't know of? Even the FBI agent, Kevin Clinesmith, that fabricated evidence and was convicted of it, served no jail time and can still practice law.

Ex-FBI lawyer convicted of forgery in probe of Trump ties to Russia reinstated by D.C. Bar and can once again practice law
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... cords.html

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I did hear that the Chinese Spy that honeypotted Eric Swalwell, Fang Fang, may have died in that commercial plane crash in China, that killed all 132 people. It's only a coincidence, and I'm not saying it was wrong doing. Nothing happened to Swalwell, or Feinstein for having a Chinese spy be on her staff for 20 yrs.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:15 am
I did hear that the Chinese Spy that honeypotted Eric Swalwell, Fang Fang, may have died in that commercial plane crash in China, that killed all 132 people. It's only a coincidence, and I'm not saying it was wrong doing. Nothing happened to Swalwell, or Feinstein for having a Chinese spy be on her staff for 20 yrs.
edit--Completely my mistake. I misread the comment.
Last edited by Indy on Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:42 am
In2ition wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:15 am
more lies. color me shocked.
What? What is the lie, Indy?
Fang Fang - Swalwell
https://www.businessinsider.com/eric-sw ... py-2020-12
https://www.axios.com/china-spy-califor ... af589.html

Feinstein - Chinese spy
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/mat ... 121441.php
https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/ ... francisco/

Chinese plane crash - Fang Fang
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/22/worl ... crash.html
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireSto ... r-83590328