2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Indy »

there you go again deflecting

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:18 pm
I don't think anyone would be making any amazing predictions that if the Reps sweep the midterms that this Jan 6th commission is going kept together, but with new people on it. Then it will be turned right around on Pelosi, the Capitol police, and the FBI.
We might find out why Pelosi rejected the offer of National Guard.
Who turned off the magnetic door locks to the Capitol and told the guards to stand back and let them through.
We might get to the bottom of who Ray Epps is, who he is working for, and why he hasn't been arrested.
We also might find out why they haven't found out who planted the bombs at the RNC and DNC, when they have them on camera and see him/her using their cell phone, which can be obviously be tracked.
We might get to the bottom of why those that have been arrested are being treated so badly in DC jail, and why they haven't been afforded a quick trial, as it says is their right.
We also might get to the bottom of why BLM & Antifa activist John Sullivan said the day before that they were going to get in the Capitol, and why he and his people still haven't been arrested.
We might also get the 14K hours of video that hasn't been released actually released.
Perhaps we find out just how many FBI were in the crowd and egging them on.
Perhaps we find out the truth behind the killing of Ashli Babbitt.
The fact that you believe ANY of that BS is disappointing.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:14 pm
In2ition wrote:
I don't think anyone would be making any amazing predictions that if the Reps sweep the midterms that this Jan 6th commission is going kept together, but with new people on it. Then it will be turned right around on Pelosi, the Capitol police, and the FBI.
Who turned off the magnetic door locks to the Capitol and told the guards to stand back and let them through.
We might get to the bottom of who Ray Epps is, who he is working for, and why he hasn't been arrested.
We also might find out why they haven't found out who planted the bombs at the RNC and DNC, when they have them on camera and see him/her using their cell phone, which can be obviously be tracked.
We might get to the bottom of why those that have been arrested are being treated so badly in DC jail, and why they haven't been afforded a quick trial, as it says is their right.
We also might get to the bottom of why BLM & Antifa activist John Sullivan said the day before that they were going to get in the Capitol, and why he and his people still haven't been arrested.
We might also get the 14K hours of video that hasn't been released actually released.
The fact that you believe ANY of that BS is disappointing.
What's there to believe? I want the answers. Do you know the answers to all these questions? Pray do tell.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

you think the FBI had agents in the crowd trying to get them to assault Capitol Police and breach the building and try and breach the Chambers? And that there was some plot to murder Babbitt? And that people associated with BLM were trying to overturn the election to illegally keep Trump in power? This doesn't make any sense.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:00 pm
you think the FBI had agents in the crowd trying to get them to assault Capitol Police and breach the building and try and breach the Chambers? And that there was some plot to murder Babbitt? And that people associated with BLM were trying to overturn the election to illegally keep Trump in power? This doesn't make any sense.
It doesn't make any sense, because I never said I believed that. I said that these things will be looked into. The only thing I said I believe, was that IF the Reps sweep the midterms, they will turn this Jan 6th commission around.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

there you go again.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Random Ashli Babbitt story - an Amercian guy I met here in Bondi Beach grew up with Ashli and saw her decline into alt-right conspiracy, wacko politics in real time.

Was just a normal girl apparently but yeah, she went down the rabbit hole, became a virtual nut job and hey presto he wasn't surprised to hear she was at the captiol.

What truth do you think exists other than the blatantly obvious?

Indy

Post by Indy »

he's not saying he believes anything, just sharing what might be out there...

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Lol, we may never know ..

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
There's a lot of points in this post, too many for me to patiently sit here and debunk them all. I find it more interesting to zoom out and observe the overall pattern. 1/6 wasn't Trump's fault! It was Pelosi. It was Antifa/BLM. I hear there was an FBI guy in the crowd! The FBI did it. The innocent sweet kind patriots are stuck rotting in a yucky mean jail cell, no fair! And one of them, the noble Ashli Babbitt, got killed for doing nothing!!

If you add all of it up, I think it shows that Republicans know, deep down, that 1/6 was really bad. They want to say it was no big deal, that it was a peaceful protest, that they were patriots that day. But it's all on video; we watched it. It was an atrocity. A mob, a riot, an insurrection. You simply can't deny it because we saw it with our own eyes. We see the footage of the people punching and attacking the police. We see them breaking things, stealing things, marching through the capitol building. We see that the people there were eager and excited Trump supporters, with their confederate flags, the combat gear, the MAGA/Trump apparel. We can watch Ashli Babbitt die, if we so choose, and we can see why the cop had no choice but to shoot her.

If 1/6 wasn't so bad, if it was peaceful and great, why is there also so much effort to say that it was Pelosi's fault, the FBI's fault, Antifa's fault? Why deflect credit for your great peaceful protest onto a bunch of Democrat boogeymen if the day was perfect and peaceful and nothing was wrong with it? They know it was bad; they watched the same footage we did. They probably won't admit it, but they know 1/6 crossed the line. They just don't want the badness pinned on them.

Fact of the matter is that all of the people involved in 1/6 are seditionists and need to get what's coming to them. Indictments, trials, prison. All the way to the top, to the politicians who plotted with them and encouraged them and defended and protected them. If we don't hold all of them accountable, they'll do it again.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:29 am
In2ition wrote:
There's a lot of points in this post, too many for me to patiently sit here and debunk them all. I find it more interesting to zoom out and observe the overall pattern. 1/6 wasn't Trump's fault! It was Pelosi. It was Antifa/BLM. I hear there was an FBI guy in the crowd! The FBI did it. The innocent sweet kind patriots are stuck rotting in a yucky mean jail cell, no fair! And one of them, the noble Ashli Babbitt, got killed for doing nothing!!

If you add all of it up, I think it shows that Republicans know, deep down, that 1/6 was really bad. They want to say it was no big deal, that it was a peaceful protest, that they were patriots that day. But it's all on video; we watched it. It was an atrocity. A mob, a riot, an insurrection. You simply can't deny it because we saw it with our own eyes. We see the footage of the people punching and attacking the police. We see them breaking things, stealing things, marching through the capitol building. We see that the people there were eager and excited Trump supporters, with their confederate flags, the combat gear, the MAGA/Trump apparel. We can watch Ashli Babbitt die, if we so choose, and we can see why the cop had no choice but to shoot her.

If 1/6 wasn't so bad, if it was peaceful and great, why is there also so much effort to say that it was Pelosi's fault, the FBI's fault, Antifa's fault? Why deflect credit for your great peaceful protest onto a bunch of Democrat boogeymen if the day was perfect and peaceful and nothing was wrong with it? They know it was bad; they watched the same footage we did. They probably won't admit it, but they know 1/6 crossed the line. They just don't want the badness pinned on them.

Fact of the matter is that all of the people involved in 1/6 are seditionists and need to get what's coming to them. Indictments, trials, prison. All the way to the top, to the politicians who plotted with them and encouraged them and defended and protected them. If we don't hold all of them accountable, they'll do it again.
Yes, I understand your point of view, and nearly everyone else around here. When you look through a pinhole and that's all you see, of course you think that's all there is. Nothing I said was unreasonable, and if it changes nothing, it is what it is. If you think it's unreasonable, then idk what to say. Eventually, everything comes to light. Do you seriously think that none of this will be looked into if the Reps take over the House?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If you had a better information diet you would know that essentially all of your listed talking points have been looked into and full explanations are available for them. For example we know fully why Ashli Babbitt died; we know who Ray Epps is and he has been interviewed by the House 1/6 committee already; we've spoken to Nat. Guard, capitol police, and other law enforcement folks and know who was ordered to do what and when, and why they were or weren't there at the Capitol that day; on and on. These things are huge mysteries only to folks who want to make them into conspiracy theories to fit their political biases. Feel free to google any of these things and educate yourself about them.

As for, will the GOP "investigate" these things despite there being no mystery to them? Yes, I suspect they will. They will conduct theater to try to smear the Dems and both-sides 1/6 and generally muck everything up. That in and of itself doesn't give any validity to any of it, though. They're also almost certain to impeach Biden if they retake the House, though that does not mean it is deserved. I expect no better of them.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

One of the good guys.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Not many left.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Jan 6 committee alleges that Trump himself engaged in criminal conspiracy. Uh oh.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This thread has more analysis: