Biden 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Biden 2024

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:44 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:28 pm
Who would ever call a toddler 'Sexy'? Who would call any child under age 'Sexy', and then say 'Don't tell your momma'? Seriously, who would do that? Would any of you think to do that?
Perhaps nobody, including Biden? Dude, it’s easy to fact-check these things before spreading misinformation.

Here’s the original unaltered video:
I am curious about this. How do you know this is an unedited version? He gets closer to the phone, but doesn't say anything or it isn't picked up by the phone, even though he said he said something?

You could be right, and the other version is edited with AI.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:43 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:44 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:28 pm
Who would ever call a toddler 'Sexy'? Who would call any child under age 'Sexy', and then say 'Don't tell your momma'? Seriously, who would do that? Would any of you think to do that?
Perhaps nobody, including Biden? Dude, it’s easy to fact-check these things before spreading misinformation.

Here’s the original unaltered video:
I am curious about this. How do you know this is an unedited version? He gets closer to the phone, but doesn't say anything or it isn't picked up by the phone, even though he said he said something?

You could be right, and the other version is edited with AI.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... joe-biden/
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There's going to be so much fake video content leading up to the 2024 election. It's going to be awful.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

And it will all be posted online as fact.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Lawrence O’Donnell did an excellent piece on why Biden can’t and shouldn’t be “swapped” out for the upcoming election.

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

He makes some good points. I can't say that I agree with everything about Biden and his great mental health. Why don't we have more film of him being sound that they claim that he's not suffering from dementia?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:13 am
He makes some good points. I can't say that I agree with everything about Biden and his great mental health. Why don't we have more film of him being sound that they claim that he's not suffering from dementia?
Funny you say that... Jon Stewart railed on this on his first Daily Show return.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Jon Stewart's return segment was funny, but I think when he says "did you film that?" in regards to Biden having moments of lucidity and clarity is a bit unfair. Biden has plenty of speeches, press conferences, interviews, etc. where he is lucid and seems just fine. But folks harp on the times when he makes gaffes and mistakes. It's not like we have zero footage of the guy being cogent and alert. It just isn't interesting and doesn't fit the narrative.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:55 am
Jon Stewart's return segment was funny, but I think when he says "did you film that?" in regards to Biden having moments of lucidity and clarity is a bit unfair. Biden has plenty of speeches, press conferences, interviews, etc. where he is lucid and seems just fine. But folks harp on the times when he makes gaffes and mistakes. It's not like we have zero footage of the guy being cogent and alert. It just isn't interesting and doesn't fit the narrative.
Um, I don't think it's unfair at all given he's being asked to run the country for another 4 years and is WAY passed the age that anyone should be working. Sure there's footage from years ago, but you can't go an event lately without him having a senior moment. I get why some people turn a blind eye to it... Look at our other option.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
O'Donnell covered that. We don't film presidents actually doing their job. There could be classified info involved or info that shouldn't be public. All we see is the public facing stuff. The non-important stuff. Not the real job of which there is a lot of good that Biden has done for our country. Is he perfect? Of course not, no president ever is. But he's pretty high ranking whereas Trump is dead last.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The President Roosevelt stuff was pretty interesting. He died while in office. But he made some important contributions while struggling through health issues before he passed.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:24 am
In2ition wrote:
Funny you say that... Jon Stewart railed on this on his first Daily Show return.
► Show Spoiler
I thought his follow up show was even better. I loved his response to the backlash he received from his first show back:

"Democracy dies in discussion."

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:18 pm
In2ition wrote:
O'Donnell covered that. We don't film presidents actually doing their job. There could be classified info involved or info that shouldn't be public. All we see is the public facing stuff. The non-important stuff. Not the real job of which there is a lot of good that Biden has done for our country. Is he perfect? Of course not, no president ever is. But he's pretty high ranking whereas Trump is dead last.
LOL, I'm supposed to take this partisan ranking seriously? Come on, that's ridiculous. Who gives a rat's behind about that crap? If the other side wrote it, they would rank Biden last. So who cares?

Of course, the only place that Biden is lucid is off camera during classified meetings? That seems like an interesting take. On one hand, that's good. On the other, it seems suspect.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:24 am
In2ition wrote:

I didn’t realize how much I missed Jon Stewart :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

My choices. The senile old guy or the senile old guy who is evil to the core.

TOO

Post by TOO »

It really is a shit sandwich either way you slice it.

You got a wax figure who doesn't know where he is half the time and a fat toddler who has zero qualifications to have the most important job in the world.

It's incredible to think that neither party could drum up a better candidate, I for one cannot wait til both are off this earth.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What are the qualifications to being President? I thought it was defined in the Constitution.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The thing I keep coming back to is, I do think Biden has done a pretty darn good job as President given the circumstances. Most of what he's done has been stuff I approve of, except for some notable exceptions like how he's handling Israel/Gaza. He is too old and he makes gaffes, and I'm not thrilled about that. But the actual policy and decision-making output of his administration has been much, much, much better than I would be seeing from a second Trump term. I'm pretty happy. I will gladly vote for him this November.

TOO

Post by TOO »

The Constitution needs some amending, but we won't get into that.

Are you 35 and American? C'mon doooown, it's such a joke. 🤣

You'd think after 250 years they'd have started to figure out somethings just don't work like they used to. *Shrugs*

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:34 pm
The Constitution needs some amending, but we won't get into that.

Are you 35 and American? C'mon doooown, it's such a joke. 🤣

You'd think after 250 years they'd have started to figure out somethings just don't work like they used to. *Shrugs*
Well, you have over 150,000,000 Americans to decide which of the 'qualified' candidates should be hired. And, I'm sure that most base it on something more than 35 yrs old and a natural born citizen of the United States.