Artificial intelligence (AI)

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Artificial intelligence (AI)

Post by Nodack »

How about this one.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in-no ... r-BB1mO208
Federal prosecutors have charged a Wisconsin man for allegedly using a popular artificial intelligence image generator to create thousands of explicit images of children, marking what is potentially the first federal charge of creating child sexual abuse material applied to images produced entirely through AI.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Immediately cancelled my ChatGPT Pro membership. This is fucking terrible, outside of the other shit they've been doing lately at OpenAI.

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 8:08 pm
Immediately cancelled my ChatGPT Pro membership. This is fucking terrible, outside of the other shit they've been doing lately at OpenAI.

https://x.com/OpenAI/status/17933753786 ... KvFXw&s=19
Add this to it..

https://openai.com/index/openai-and-reddit-partnership/

Between that and the deal with Reddit... I don't like companies just giving over data like that. I know in the TOS I'm sure they're covered but would argue that nobody knew that their Reddit post would be utilized and monetized with AI.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

You'll get terrible responses full of misinformation on ChatGPT with this shit. It's disgusting.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 8:16 pm
You'll get terrible responses full of misinformation on ChatGPT with this shit. It's disgusting.
It could be a way to sus out the morons in society... start there and move to 4chan :P j/k

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 8:08 pm

https://x.com/OpenAI/status/17933753786 ... KvFXw&s=19
Yeah, I can't believe they made that partnership. Why poison the mind of the world's most advanced AI? Completely asinine decision.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Xi says hold my beer. It’s the Sun so take it with a grain of salt.

'CHAT XI PT' China builds Xi Jinping AI chatbot to control ‘thoughts, politics and actions’ of citizens while US rivals are blocked
https://www.the-sun.com/tech/11442351/c ... ot-values/
China's strict rules mean that homegrown large language models cannot be trained on English language-based data sets.

Otherwise their chatbots may pick up on values deemed too Western.

Instead, the new model has been trained on a data set that draws heavily from government regulations, as well as policy and state media reports, according to the FT's report.

President Xi is mentioned an eyewatering 86,314 times in these documents.

A line in one of the documents says chatbots must “ensure that in thought, politics, and action, we are always in high alignment with the Party Central Committee with General Secretary Xi Jinping at its core."

Another says: "Let us unite more closely around the Party Central Committee with Comrade Xi Jinping at its core."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Google has rolled out an AI layer on their main search engine to all users this week. Neat, but, it is fulllllll of errors and problems. Read this thread for some examples; there are many more

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

As a computer scientist, this made me laugh.

TOO

Post by TOO »

It feels so true.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is interesting. Apple has decided to partner with OpenAI for large language model (LLM) AI data.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Siri is about to get an IQ bump